tatzhit

Fun with Ammo Crates and other tips

This is kinda obvious, but I notice a most players don't realize these capabilities are present ingame, so I'm writing about it.

Fun with Ammo Crates:
1. As SL, schedule something to be built, then once you're tired of yelling at people to build it, run to ammo crate, switch class to Rifleman, then build it yourself.
2. Alternatively, if something REALLY needs to be built, and no SL is available, quit your current squad (you will lose kit), make new squad, use ammo crate to switch to SL kit, then act as in #1.
3. If there is an empty medic slot, use ammo crate to switch to medic to heal yourself and others, then switch back. If there is no slot, and medic is REALLY needed, join a different squad with empty medic slot, use ammo crate as in #2. Same trick can also be used to get other classes (i.e. if one really needs to blow up enemy vehicle, but no LATs are in vicinity).
4. Build impassable barricades over all entrances, use ammo crates to spam grenades over them if someone tries to undig.
5. Spamming mines as scout, rockets as LAT, etc. is self-explanatory.

Fun with other buildable stuff:
1. Have someone crouch next to window to build sandbad on their head. Uses one sandbag to block window instead of two (this can also be done with FOBs, but I'd consider that one a meaningless bug).
2. Build shielded DSHK covering stairs/entrance of a building. Cover legs with sandbag. Hilarity ensues (as long as the guy manning it doesn't get grenaded, or gets bored and wanders off - that is, rarely).
3. Build stairs on balconies to get on otherwise inaccessible roofs. Also, little "stairs shacks" on roofs of Al Basrah are good spotting locations, as long as you build ladder + sandbags with openings. You can ever get a mortar on top, and I think a .50 cal (not a DSHK or SPG, though).

You forgot, change to rifleman(unscoped) and spam 2 grens at a time. 

place the ammo crate in a place where it allows players to stand on it and see over a wall, great for AT and sneaky optics shots. Sandbags should also be used like this more often.

if you have used up your ammo, don't rearm, instead choose the same class again and find everything is already reloaded for you. Increased spammage, great for AT/Grenadier 

in insurgency, place 2 ammo crates near each other, lined up nice and neatly. Build one all the way up, build the other half way. LOL at the enemy throwing their precious incendiaries at it thinking it is a cache. :D

4 hours ago, suds said:

place the ammo crate in a place where it allows players to stand on it and see over a wall, great for AT and sneaky optics shots. Sandbags should also be used like this more often.

if you have used up your ammo, don't rearm, instead choose the same class again and find everything is already reloaded for you. Increased spammage, great for AT/Grenadier 

in insurgency, place 2 ammo crates near each other, lined up nice and neatly. Build one all the way up, build the other half way. LOL at the enemy throwing their precious incendiaries at it thinking it is a cache. :D

1. For peeking/climbing over walls, indirect fire shelters aren't bad either. They have kinda two "steps", so they're easy to get on top of. And ladders are great, or course.

2. Great point on rearming, forgot that one

3. Didn't know that trick lol, that is eevil :D. Thank you!

Have squad mate crouch and put radio on his head to make radio float. Extra hard to remove. Most likely a bug but having fun with it right now.

On 5/17/2017 at 2:55 PM, tatzhit said:

This is kinda obvious, but I notice a most players don't realize these capabilities are present ingame, so I'm writing about it.

Fun with Ammo Crates:
1. As SL, schedule something to be built, then once you're tired of yelling at people to build it, run to ammo crate, switch class to Rifleman, then build it yourself.
2. Alternatively, if something REALLY needs to be built, and no SL is available, quit your current squad (you will lose kit), make new squad, use ammo crate to switch to SL kit, then act as in #1.
3. If there is an empty medic slot, use ammo crate to switch to medic to heal yourself and others, then switch back. If there is no slot, and medic is REALLY needed, join a different squad with empty medic slot, use ammo crate as in #2. Same trick can also be used to get other classes (i.e. if one really needs to blow up enemy vehicle, but no LATs are in vicinity).
4. Build impassable barricades over all entrances, use ammo crates to spam grenades over them if someone tries to undig.
5. Spamming mines as scout, rockets as LAT, etc. is self-explanatory.

Fun with other buildable stuff:
1. Have someone crouch next to window to build sandbad on their head. Uses one sandbag to block window instead of two (this can also be done with FOBs, but I'd consider that one a meaningless bug).
2. Build shielded DSHK covering stairs/entrance of a building. Cover legs with sandbag. Hilarity ensues (as long as the guy manning it doesn't get grenaded, or gets bored and wanders off - that is, rarely).
3. Build stairs on balconies to get on otherwise inaccessible roofs. Also, little "stairs shacks" on roofs of Al Basrah are good spotting locations, as long as you build ladder + sandbags with openings. You can ever get a mortar on top, and I think a .50 cal (not a DSHK or SPG, though).

Super old tactic known as anti-physics.