Fly_Fifer

1920 x 1080 Full Screen issue

As the title states - when I set to 1920 x 1080 Full Screen - it simply will not display.  Try and start it with that setting, splash screens loads, etc and then the game just minimizes to task bar and will not display.  1600 x 900 goes full screen with no issues.

Steam overlay is disabled. No Shadowplay installed.  No anything else that may have an overlay feature.

Is there a fix for this?

Perhaps a silly question, but your monitor definitely supports 1080p right?

Yes lol it does. Dual display setup also, if that helps. Both can handle 1080. I have read that this was an issue before but that was 2015. 

Posted (edited)

Does it work in  borderless mode? Is it your primary monitor? 

Is your task task bar at the bottom? 

Does anyone still game the old resolution of 1080p anymore? 

Edited by ZXD_Lee

27 minutes ago, ZXD_Lee said:

Does anyone still game the old resolution of 1080p anymore? 

solid point Lee.

Like is 1080p still a thing? LOL

Good job, gentlemen. A fine example of two founders, no less. One of which is even a moderator.  

Some guessing in lack of full config posted( this normaly helps to narrow down issues)

-Does it work with a single monitor connected ( just a test to exclude monitor setup from trouble list)

-How are both screens connected to the GFX ?(HDMI,DVI-D  e.g. )

-what refresh rate did you choose ? do both screens support this rate?

-what desktop set res/ration to squad chosen one?

On 2017-5-17 at 4:41 PM, Fly_Fifer said:

Good job, gentlemen. A fine example of two founders, no less. One of which is even a moderator.  

I take a bow. But seriously my apologies - was just having a bit of fun.

On 2017-5-17 at 11:03 AM, SHO-SHIN said:

solid point Lee.

Like is 1080p still a thing? LOL

You have a weird sense of humour.

1080p is relevant if you don't want to upgrade your GPU every year to play the newest games at 144 fps. Trying to convince your wife that you want to spend £600 on a GPU is hard enough once every 5 years.

Posted (edited)
On 22/05/2017 at 8:54 PM, DigitalMe said:

1080p is relevant if you don't want to upgrade your GPU every year to play the newest games at 144 fps.

It isn't just relevant but the best option for Squad atm. Squad is a fast paced FPS where reaction times matter.

You can't really react better than this with anything above 16:9 1080p monitor:

Because everything above 16:9 1080p has very bad latencies. You need to maintain less then ~15ms latency times to get better reaction times than on this video... And you do this by simply buying 16:9 1080p 120 Hz+ monitor.

Regarding the topic, providing all info from a program called MonInfo can help to track problems with your issue:

http://entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm

Reporting all info about your system(hardware and software) using software, like AIDA64, for example, can also help to understand how to solve your problem.

If I had your problem, I would probably just try to use Custom Resolution utility:

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

Deleted 1920x1080 resolution from default list of resolutions and then created my own(custom resolution), with my own parameters. That is what I did, anyway, to overclock my monitor:

ZCrAKJX.png

Edited by Skul

17 minutes ago, Skul said:

Because everything above 16:9 1080p has very bad latencies. You need to maintain less then ~15ms latency times to get better reaction times than on this video... And you do this by simply buying 16:9 1080p 120 Hz+ monitor.

You mean because of less fps? If other stuff, proof please.