glen scott

More dust when shooting on surfaces

number 1 is more dust puffing up from the ground when you shoot. right now when you shoot on the ground its just a little bit of muck that jumps up,the shooting on the rock/boulders isnt bad but it needs more of a dramaic effect.i would suggest to the devs if they could watch some youtube videos of real life guns being shot (combat footage etc) you can see there is absolutley tonnes of dust and the wind blows it in a certain direction, i thought if that was in squad it would make it feel so much more realistic

Muzzle blast causing surface disturbance was more detailed in its earlier days when first implemented, but was reduced as were other things, for performance reasons I believe.

Watch this video from 4:28

For more, can watch any squad video from game builds version 4 to 6 and see how it changed.

Don't worry, Squad devs have used firearms and a few of the devs are combat veterans, they know their stuff! We'll probably see certain effects cranked back up when the game is optimized a bit more to support it.

You think bullet impacts are bad in Squad , you wanna see ArmA3. More like paint balls than projectiles from a high powered rifle.

As Dubs said most of the effects have been toned back for optimization reasons. I wouldn't sweat it. Using some logic here but if V10 can reduce enough of the stress that is pulled from the currect physics and animation system then maybe just maybe some of these visual effects can be turned back up and or have new details added to them. Only time and patience will tell. 

2 hours ago, Smoke said:

I hate it when people try to compare games from totally different engines

If you're addressing my comment..FYI there is(was) a mod that greatly improved the impact effect so if a moder could do it , why not BIS? After all , if it does be a FPS killer , you can turn down the particle effects.

Agreed dust, smoke nades, and backblasts all reduced, such a shame. have bullet cracks been reduced now as well?

Edited by Para

Considering that people that play on Low effects and settings can get such an advantage, it would make sense to give Epic effect settings users the ability to see larger and more detailed muzzle blast dust and from longer ranges.

would this also allow High / Epic settings to see muzzle flashes at night but not the high gamma / low setting wan*ers so giving back some of the game immersion you get in a low light setting.

Whilst on Chora Invasion Night game last night heard some one in my squad say "I keep getting shot so going to turn my gamma"  =  cheating c*nt!