Sign in to follow this  
Skul

Screenshotting software for Squad?(devs, EAC problem)

Skul   

In a9 all of my screenshotting software stopped working. So far I tried MSi Afterburner, ShareX, Dxtory, Greenshot, Fraps, Overwolf, PlayClaw.

Programs themselves work in all other games. But right after I updated Squad to a9, it stopped working properly. Different programs give me different results when I try to make a screenshot in Squad:

MSi Afterburner says Screenshot captured but doesn't create a file in needed folder:

Spoiler

HA5eWGd.png

When I try to use Dxtory, literally nothing happens when I press a button, same with Fraps, Overwolf and PlayClaw.

When I try to make screenshots using Dxtory and Greenshot, it makes files with black rectangles(1920x1080) instead of screenshots. But sometimes randomly it does make proper screenshots.

One more thing worth mentioning is that pretty much all other functions of listed above programs work in Squad. Overlays of Afterburner, Fraps, Overwolf and PlayClaw work in Squad. Video recording of Afterburner, ShareX, Fraps, Overwolf and PlayClaw also work in Squad. The only function that doesn't work in Squad is screenshots. I can't use Steam, because Steam overlay affects my FPS in Squad.

Problems with overlays, making screenshots and recording videos started the moment they implemented EAC(a6 point something or whatever). And this time screenshots stopped working after the update of version of EAC. I'm pretty sure this problem exist because of EAC blocking access of these programs to the Squad. I don't know how to launch Squad with uninstalled EAC(it doesn't allow to start the game with uninstalled EAC) to test if it is actually a problem with EAC.

Anyone knows any screenshotting software which actually work in Squad? Do any of listed above programs work in Squad for any members who read this?

Edited by Skul

Nikko B   

I know it's a pain, but you can type in a command to take a pic in-game. Any resolution as well, only problem is it freezes your screen momentarily depending on the resolution. In example, highresshot 1920x1080 or something like that. Been a while.

Edited by Nikko B

Skul   

@Nikko B, yeah, that's a very nice idea. Never thought about it myself.

Edited by Skul

beginna   

making screenshots via NVIDIA Experience (formally known as Shadowplay) does work for me.

Skul   

@beginna, nice, thanks. I've read that it compulsorily and forcibly enforce users to use latest drivers. Can I use older drivers if I install Experience? Never really used it myself because of ADs, registration, additional services and processes in the system...

Edited by Skul

beginna   
On 17.5.2017 at 8:29 AM, Skul said:

Can I use older drivers if I install Experience?

Yes.

Spoiler

sNYXXWd.png

I turned the automatic installation off.

But you are correct.

You need to register an account in order to use NVIDIA Experience.