WorstNoobEVER

Remove the bleeding due to falling

Before making a hundred feedback threads there is a search bar in the top right. Most of the new threads you created already exist. Take a minute to search for an already existing thread and do a little bit of research. Been discussed quite a bit already.

I'm foolish too, don't remove me please.

For the pick up weapons on corpses thread, i searched and found nothing dude, if this is what you meant by "most of the new threads i created". I didn't search for this one, sorry.

On 14/05/2017 at 6:24 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

You're right. Attach 60 pounds of gear and ammo to your carcass and jump off a 8 foot wall. You'll break both of your ankles but they probably won't bleed.

Well... no. They won't. It will hurt you, and i didn't asked for removing damages due to falling but only bleeding.

Sometimes i fall from 2 meters high and i bleed i mean wtf?

You guys sure open compound fractures don't bleed? Because there is a serious risk of a compound fracture occurring due to falling.

Bleeding due to falling could be adjusted as a QoL item to make it a bit more reasonable in the future (reach a certain velocity from a certain height and angle, etc.).

Claiming that bleeding would not occur due to any falling, I would argue is not true.

Remove the carcinogenic qualities of OPs posts.

But seriously, internal bleeding is still bleeding. And actually way the hell worse.

Edited by Valdr

13 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Lol... Upload a video to YouTube where you jump down 2 meters with a plate carrier, helmet ,ruck, M4 and full ammo loadout and don't break both your ankles. 

I don't have any M4 at home...

Try it with 30kg weights. You'd be surprised how much even the slightest weight reduce/increase does change the outcome. 

Sure playing as MIL/INS, you should be able to fall greater distance before taking damage due to having lighter/non-existing gear.

12 hours ago, Maamyyra said:

Try it with 30kg weights. You'd be surprised how much even the slightest weight reduce/increase does change the outcome. 

Sure playing as MIL/INS, you should be able to fall greater distance before taking damage due to having lighter/non-existing gear.

That's an interesting suggestion.

I like to think that in the future we'll have area related injuries so if falling from excessive height you'll sustain a simulated twisted ankle and walk/run slower and not end up just bleeding and with lower health. Maybe when the new animations are done the devs might look into how we are injured and what it does to our characters performance.

1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

I like to think that in the future we'll have area related injuries so if falling from excessive height you'll sustain a simulated twisted ankle and walk/run slower and not end up just bleeding and with lower health. Maybe when the new animations are done the devs might look into how we are injured and what it does to our characters performance.

This seems difficult to put in a game.

44 minutes ago, TheScruffman said:

High quality posts, devs should definitely listen to this dude.

Why so much hate ? Do you bleed to death when you fall ?

1 hour ago, WorstNoobEVER said:

This seems difficult to put in a game.

Not difficult at all.

Injured in the leg = movement speed * heath%

Injured in the arm = gun sway * health%

What's so difficult about that. Seeking a medic and his magic bag of tricks will sort those injuries out no problem and you'll be on your way.

6 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Not difficult at all.

Injured in the leg = movement speed * heath%

Injured in the arm = gun sway * health%

What's so difficult about that. Seeking a medic and his magic bag of tricks will sort those injuries out no problem and you'll be on your way.

On paper it's easy but maybe the engine don't allow to act differently if you're hit in the legs or in the arms. I don't know.

But it would be a good thing anyway.

On paper it's easy but maybe the engine don't allow to act differently if you're hit in the legs or in the arms. I don't know.

It's unreal engine 4, they have access to the base source code, there's very little that isn't technically possible.

3 hours ago, WorstNoobEVER said:

No man that's actually a pretty simple system, and games have stuff setup like that all the time. 

20 hours ago, Maamyyra said:

That is a good suggestion, also it would be cool if they had like mattresses and trash or something around the map where if you jump into it, it reduces fall damage lol kinda like the trash in dying light or something.

57 minutes ago, Crusty said:

No man that's actually a pretty simple system, and games have stuff setup like that all the time. 

That is a good suggestion, also it would be cool if they had like mattresses and trash or something around the map where if you jump into it, it reduces fall damage lol kinda like the trash in dying light or something.

You mean assassin's creed like ?

Shoot a guy with a sniper rifle and then disappear like an eagle ?

errrrrr........ how can i put it ? No ! :P

We already have damage specific multipliers for different areas of the body; it is not far-fetched to add specific penalties to specific "bones" or parts of the body.

We are listening and have planned for localized damage on vehicles and soldiers for awhile. There is potential to make falling one aspect of that.