King Chubbles

Squad Mortar Calculator App (Android)

Hey everyone. I appreciate all the support, this week we cracked over 1000 installs!

I've unfortunately been pretty busy these last few weeks so I haven't been able to work on the Apple version. When I get more time I'll do some research and start working on it. I'll keep everyone in the loop as far as progress goes.

Thanks again guys! I love seeing people in game using it and all the great feedback the apps gotten. If you have any more suggestions feel free to post here or PM me, I read everything even if I don't reply directly.

I have an iphone but I have tried this using my safari browser and it works.  It doesn't specifically mention, but am I correct in saying that you need to put your mortar position in first box (left) and target in 2nd box (right)on screen?   The first time I did the opposite and my mortar was facing 180 degrees in the wrong direction.   Also, when iphone app available will it enable voice to text?   That would be great to speak coordinates in phone and free up your hands.  

Thanks again!   Your efforts are greatly appreciated!!!

8 hours ago, Rich08809 said:

It doesn't specifically mention, but am I correct in saying that you need to put your mortar position in first box (left) and target in 2nd box (right)on screen?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, though this may be because I haven't tested it using the safari browser (you can open up android apps in the safari browser?). On the app it has a title on each page which tells the user what to do. The first page says "Enter Mortar Coordinates", the second page says "Enter Target Coordinates"

Would you be able to PM me a screenshot of what you're seeing if you get a chance? I'm curious to see what it looks like in the safari browser.

8 hours ago, Rich08809 said:

will it enable voice to text?

That's a good idea, I'll have to look into that for both apple and android at some point.

Edited by King Chubbles

I don't want to be mean but why not count on your skill? Why do you need an APP?

I'm waiting for the hate replies but really guys i thought competitive gameplay was all about having fun and seeing who's better if one newbie gets on the mortar and he's trying to master it by time but we guys with this APP land mortars directly on his head it's true it's part of the game but i can call this application an advantage over new guys who just joined through steam summer sale 

Edited by Mister Skippy

6 minutes ago, Mister Skippy said:

I don't want to be mean but why not count on your skill? Why do you need an APP?

I'm waiting for the hate replies but really guys i thought competitive gameplay was all about having fun and seeing who's better if one newbie gets on the mortar and he's trying to master it by time but we guys with this APP land mortars directly on his head it's true it's part of the game but i can call this application an advantage over new guys who just joined through steam summer sale 

Its quicker and more accurate.

3 hours ago, Mister Skippy said:

I expect IRL there is an app for mortars as well so why not in Squad.

Also it's not pinpoint accurate as elevation differences between the mortar placement and the target throw the calculations off so even with the app there is still a lot of communication required between a spotter and the mortar operator to successfully hit targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As and army vet who worked with 11c mortars yes they have a "app".  

It's called fdc computer.  Fire direction control. And it works really similar haha