So this was an idea I thought about when I first played squad way back when. I'm a big fan of the idea of police based games (think cops and robbers but realistic) which has police having to use tactics and obey procedures to a degree. 

The idea of using squad to create a police operations type of game where police are required to respond to various scenarios could be really cool. Further, imagine if the objectives were player driven rather than scripted. In my mind this would play out like this - three teams (police, crooks and civvi's) placed in an urban map. Civvi's task would be to generally go about and role play normal people. Meanwhile police will go and conduct patrols etc and do general duties work. Finally the crooks have a series of possible objectives they could complete (rob a bank, stick up a petrol station, drug deal etc) but these are completely optional. Alternatively the crooks role play as terrorists and just take hostages or something else that came to mind. The police would then be required to respond and resolve the situation (kill the crooks, negotiate a resolution etc). Obviously this would be a role lay based mod which would need strong admins to guide and control it but I think in an organised clan something like this could be really cool. Also single life like squad ops to encourage smart gameplay.

I'm not a modder but I was just curious what people thought about this idea. 

Sounds a lot like Counter Strike but with a role playing element.  Not sure people would want to play civilians.  In Counter Strike you used to be able to take hosteges and good guys needed to rescue them by bringing them back to main spawn area.  Was lots of fun.

Edited by XRobinson