Cheetah

Enemy marks on the map.

Add possibility to add enemy marks on map for all players.

Those marks are should be visble for squadies only. Squad Leader can approve this one and after this it could be visible for whole team.

P.S. Often players with mediocre and non fluent english seen enemy but can't quickly inform squadies about contact.

Good idea, there could be a transparent mark on the map of the sl and when he clicks on it, it's being confirmed and the whole squad can see it, woldn't be too much micromanagement. If the sl does not confirm the marker, then it disappears after 10-20 secs

Dear developers.

Do you understanding you are restricted players to use only national servers (and may be english spoken). Did you ever tryed to explain where enemy contact on chinese server ?

Issue more non verbal ways to communicate for players.

Why would you play on a chinese server when you are not chinese? 

I miss that Option when i Play Scout or sniper.

On 2017-5-22 at 10:36 AM, Frinz said:

Judging by his location I would say it's because it's the only server available with a reasonable ping.

On 22.05.2017 at 7:36 PM, Frinz said:

Key word - 'ping'. 

Posted (edited)

Believe this was already brought up in another thread.

I disagree with this idea

@Cheetah Good opportunity to learn Chinese? Watching Chinese news must be hard too, if you do? I am not trying to be a piece of crap but your situation is one and half a million. There are more Chinese speaking people in china then native English speakers. And don't most Chinese schools teach English? The question is what is best for the majority. What is best for the game as a whole?

Why Only SL should be able to mark the map:

1) Is that Mark accurate?

In a game where you already have to ask what marks are accurate for FOBs, HABs and vehicles. I don't want to have to ask for simple mg markers. You don't need more people placing marks everywhere. There is already are enough of them. 

2)Everyone is going to sit in the corner. And get shot with their heads inside their map books.

When i SL and everyone is calling out enemy positions every which way. I sit in the corner and stare at the map, which occupies alot of my time when playing squad leader. Now if everyone thinks it would be best for everyone to be able to mark the map you will have multiple people marking the same locations and less people shooting. If this idea does happen i most likely will tell everyone from the start of the match that only the scout and I can mark the map, at the most. Or the entire squad will be caught staring at their maps in shipping containers like penguins awaiting slaughter. Squadmates are for shooting. SLs are for managing. It is important that the game helps make those distinctions stay, for the sake of all public matches.

Edited by madcat768

Posted (edited)

Learn Chinese.

How do you think Chinese people play PR on English servers?  It's not that hard to learn how to say the numbers and map grids' letters are the same.  They also have VPNs that help with ping.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

On 15.07.2017 at 2:02 PM, Royal8800 said:

This is not Battlefield, this is Squad.

In 'WWII Online. Battleground Europe.' - about hundred or few hundred players on each side (depends on Time Zone).

Everyone can mark what he is seen. Every mark have lifetime about 5-6 minutes.

All above do not convert map in that game to Crismas Tree.

What you worry about in Squad ?

- I see enemy, I know where he, but can't say. This is realism by your opinion ?

- Or someone suddenly told in chat: 'On my corpse !!'

I must in 0.3-1 seconds (who said !? who said !?) during fight note WHO really said, find his corpse on map (hard to do if you are not medic to separate fallen from living - same marks). This is your realism ? Good luck if so.

On 7/14/2017 at 7:59 PM, madcat768 said:

Believe this was already brought up in another thread.

I disagree with this idea

@Cheetah Good opportunity to learn Chinese? Watching Chinese news must be hard too, if you do? I am not trying to be a piece of crap but your situation is one and half a million. There are more Chinese speaking people in china then native English speakers. And don't most Chinese schools teach English? The question is what is best for the majority. What is best for the game as a whole?

Why Only SL should be able to mark the map:

1) Is that Mark accurate?

In a game where you already have to ask what marks are accurate for FOBs, HABs and vehicles. I don't want to have to ask for simple mg markers. You don't need more people placing marks everywhere. There is already are enough of them. 

2)Everyone is going to sit in the corner. And get shot with their heads inside their map books.

When i SL and everyone is calling out enemy positions every which way. I sit in the corner and stare at the map, which occupies alot of my time when playing squad leader. Now if everyone thinks it would be best for everyone to be able to mark the map you will have multiple people marking the same locations and less people shooting. If this idea does happen i most likely will tell everyone from the start of the match that only the scout and I can mark the map, at the most. Or the entire squad will be caught staring at their maps in shipping containers like penguins awaiting slaughter. Squadmates are for shooting. SLs are for managing. It is important that the game helps make those distinctions stay, for the sake of all public matches.

+1 Agreed with everything said. 

SL and tentatively perhaps scout (if equipped with binoculars in the future) should be the only ones able to place markers. Leave the rest of the squad focusing on the objective and maneuvers with their GUNS UP LOCKED N LOADED READY TO FIGHT! It's SL's job to place markers and confirm targets. 

As a squad member, your shared responsibility is to have mic comms with your SL and relay any relevant information. Important note here is not to overburden your SL with too much information! Infantry move a lot (for the most part) so having to constantly update the map can SOMETIMES be counterproductive.

I don't want to see different map layers as it will be a disaster on public matches.

On 10/21/2017 at 2:14 AM, Cheetah said:

- I see enemy, I know where he, but can't say. This is realism by your opinion ?

Of course you can. Use your mic!

Here's what you do step by step:

- You see an enemy. You open your map and and judge by using landmarks as well as logic where they are. Hover your mouse over that grid and say it in Squad Voice Chat -> "SL, 1 enemy infantry located @ grid XX-X-X."

From this point you have several options:

- Stay where you are if you haven't been spotted and observe the target/targets. Gather information on their movement and what they're doing. Relay this to your SL using Squad Voice Chat.

- Sneak closer to them for CQB engagement.

- Engage from far. Have the enemy focus on your position in order to let anyone else in the area flank the enemy.

On 10/21/2017 at 2:14 AM, Cheetah said:

- Or someone suddenly told in chat: 'On my corpse !!'

I must in 0.3-1 seconds (who said !? who said !?) during fight note WHO really said, find his corpse on map (hard to do if you are not medic to separate fallen from living - same marks). This is your realism ? Good luck if so.

lol and how is a fallen squad mate talking to you on the radio from the dead realism? Sounds like some ghostbusters action....But in other words yes, you will have to ask who is the person calling out the enemy target on their body. This is not something that will warrant having one thousand markers placed by everyone in the team as a "fix". Use your words! Or best judgement. 

Also in actual real life combat units, only the team leader+officers have the maps and Long Range Radio to coordinate with sister companies. The rest of the guys are too busy fighting getting work done. As it should be....

I am gonna say this..  I am a Korean playing squad speaking English fluently. I play in Desmond. Not Chinese server.

First day I played squad, my natural instinct led me to Chinese server. There. Were. No. SL. Speaking. English! 

I would have stayed in a englished speaking Squad. but that squad also had 6 Chinese and 3 English speaking people. 

And No I am not going to learn another language just because of a game.. I am fine with being bilingual