Jump to content
-MG

Does the shootingrange benefit you ?

Recommended Posts

What do you think about the shootingrange ?, has it benefit you in someway ?, if yess...how ?. 
What has improved, and did you learn anything in the shooting range ?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, how many different things it takes to kill vehicles (from AT to other vehicles and deployables), getting better at twitch shooting and long rang shooting (with guns and vehicles).  That kind of stuff, skills testing with weapons and testing vehicles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, since there's a lot more shooting and a lot less dying on Jensens, you can get far more effective with the weapons, faster than you can in game. Running the timed course will expose any weaknesses in making your first shot count and learning bullet/rocket/nade drop at various distances is crucial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice if I could practice with the HAT drop. Not much else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use it normally on patch updates, test weapons out and assets. Try kookie idea, experiment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Smee said:

Use it normally on patch updates, test weapons out and assets. Try kookie idea, experiment.

A cookie idea?

zombie-cookie-idea-fb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, grimshadow said:

Yes, how many different things it takes to kill vehicles (from AT to other vehicles and deployables), getting better at twitch shooting and long rang shooting (with guns and vehicles).  That kind of stuff, skills testing with weapons and testing vehicles


Wel the shooting range vs mutiplayer have different damage models i haven noticed. So i think it's not really a reliable source to estimate damage done besides actually taking notes online. Now talking about the long range shooting to medium distance. IT would be nice to see if the shooting range had a more interactive part....not the part with the timer but a long range lane with targets that pop up....this would be neat for reaction/target practice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really? They have different dmg models?How do you know this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Frinz said:

Really? They have different dmg models?How do you know this?


I recall blowing up a stryker with 2 rockets in the shooting range vs 4 in game. Unless that has been changed then my statement is wronge. But i remember there was some differential

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't notice anything like that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the 'nade park, it's my favourite place when my wife yells at me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought that place was under the stairs like harry potter lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish there was some kind of simple AI bot you could damage to try and get familiar with the medic role.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cost to shoot is pretty high at the shooting range, but it benefits me good because I am owner of the range and can charge whatever I want... :) Really though I haven't been to the shooting range, they let you shoot Deer and Rabbits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, -MG said:

 


Wel the shooting range vs mutiplayer have different damage models i haven noticed. So i think it's not really a reliable source to estimate damage done besides actually taking notes online. Now talking about the long range shooting to medium distance. IT would be nice to see if the shooting range had a more interactive part....not the part with the timer but a long range lane with targets that pop up....this would be neat for reaction/target practice. 

Havent had any differences in that respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes good practice for LAT and GL. Just wish it had Insurgents instead of RUS.

 

Hopefully in the future there wont be a limit on factions at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2017 at 11:04 PM, Rybec said:

Would be nice if I could practice with the HAT drop. Not much else.


 

On 5/12/2017 at 8:16 PM, Chompster said:

Makes good practice for LAT and GL. Just wish it had Insurgents instead of RUS.

 

Hopefully in the future there wont be a limit on factions at all.



This is how I do it.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11.5.2017 at 8:12 PM, -MG said:

What do you think about the shootingrange ?, has it benefit you in someway ?, if yess...how ?. 
What has improved, and did you learn anything in the shooting range ?.

Yes it did. Ages ago (Pre-Alpha) I couldn't hit anything moving, since I took too much lead, not until the shooting range did come out in somewhere in time I got my aim truely functional. Also like said target test shooting and building a muscle memory for the game mechanics, while boring and repetitive with passive targets it works.

 

The

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scum said:


 



This is how I do it.
 

 


Do the same stuff :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2017 at 7:59 PM, Scum said:


 



This is how I do it.
 

 

It's a known decent work around, but still not as good. Especially now with the fleshed out range which has vehicle at every 100 some meters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×