comptons1

general purpose machine gunner

what do you guys think about adding a general purpose machine gunner that opens at a similar player count to the heavy anti tank fighter for each faction. 
just as a way to give each side a more controllable base of fire.
giving the Americans and the militia a M240 link http://www.americanspecialops.com/special-ops-weapons/m240.php 
the russians and the insurgents a PKP link http://www.breachbangclear.com/weapons-trivia-wednesday-pecheneg-pkp/
just a random idea i figured i might toss out there 

Encouraging the differences and asymmetrical feel, the PKP would be squad level for the Russians in place of the RPK with the US Army having only a few M240.

Would be nice to have the Russian and Americans on an infantry level feel a little different as opposed to both sides feeling the same just with different models.

Once they come out with deployable bi pods for weapons you will get the same effect as you would with a heavier machine gun. The only benefit you'd get to me would be better suppression on the enemy and more damage. But suppression in the game is tricky with machine guns. Most suppression in the game is done with rifles and of course the RPK and SAW but mainly rifles and it's done so with fire and maneuver tactics. So I don't really know the added benefit of adding a medium machine gun to the squad on top of the light machine guns. I like the idea if they add that in here as a choice between say a 240 and 249 or between a PKM and RPK mainly because I like more weapons choices :)  

I like this suggestion, get a few more PR callbacks in here and diversify the field so it's not just reskins fighting each other.

6 hours ago, Arduras said:

I like this suggestion, get a few more PR callbacks in here and diversify the field so it's not just reskins fighting each other.

what do you mean by PR callbacks? 
when you say diversify the field you mean to expand more on the idea?

I imagine he wants more factions and weapons. Don't we all? :)

28 minutes ago, DesmoLocke said:

I imagine he wants more factions and weapons. Don't we all? :)

Hey! I'm working on it. Well, actually I'm at a music festival right now but I will be working on it!

callbacks: as in throwbacks? Homage? I dunno, I liked PR but it obviously showed it's age.

Diversify the field: ie not have everyone just a reskin of each other but actually play different - ie diversify the forces/equipment being "fielded" in game.

The insurgents are cool but nobody understands them. If every team played at least a fair bit differently then people would hopefully clue in that each faction has different strengths and weaknesses but is otherwise "equal". The US stacking and clan stacking is pretty bad on some servers I've played.

Edited by Arduras

Contrary to what some people think, I based my name not off of being an APC gunner but the machine gunner kit from PR. So I definitely want some GPMGs in this game.

Would be cool if the GPMG is selected, your squad cannot choose LMG's on the kit selection anymore (atm it is possible to get 2 lmg's on the same squad).

If someone has already taken lmg over  GPMG, the GPMG cannot be chosen (but can still choose the normal lmg kit).

Edited by Maamyyra

Or just have it the same way as the HAT kit. One per team, takes up a Fire Support slot.

1 hour ago, Peerun said:

Or just have it the same way as the HAT kit. One per team, takes up a Fire Support slot.

I don't like that idea. Like I said at the top they should be far more common than a one per team count. Maybe 3 like the marksman if that limited.

Would be cool if militia and insurgents get these type of machine gun for more suppression force. US and Russia could stay without it bcuz they have more armored vehicles.

In addition to higher damage and suppression, GPMGs have higher penetration. As in, punch-through-two-feet-of-brick, higher. IIRC 7.62x54R with modern AP bullets can also penetrate a BTR in the side, and probably everything else except the Stryker.

On 5/24/2017 at 11:08 AM, Maamyyra said:

Would be cool if the heavier MG is selected, your squad cannot choose LMG's on the kit selection anymore (atm it is possible to get lmg's on the same squad).

If someone has already taken lmg over heavier version, the heavier mg cannot be chosen (but can still choose the normal lmg kit).

i like the sound of balancing GPMG's in this way if they were put in

On 5/11/2017 at 3:48 PM, b3n556 said:

Once they come out with deployable bi pods for weapons you will get the same effect as you would with a heavier machine gun. The only benefit you'd get to me would be better suppression on the enemy and more damage. But suppression in the game is tricky with machine guns. Most suppression in the game is done with rifles and of course the RPK and SAW but mainly rifles and it's done so with fire and maneuver tactics. So I don't really know the added benefit of adding a medium machine gun to the squad on top of the light machine guns. I like the idea if they add that in here as a choice between say a 240 and 249 or between a PKM and RPK mainly because I like more weapons choices :)  

How about bullet penetration? I believe they both shoot a larger round. 

On 5/24/2017 at 8:40 PM, Peerun said:

A GPMG is in no way even close to as game changing as the HAT kit

6 hours ago, Catindabox said:

A GPMG is in no way even close to as game changing as the HAT kit

I was just specifying how the HAT kit works currently, for anyone who doesn't know.