RipGroove

5.0GHz 7700k & 1080ti Hybrid = 56fps @ Gorodok (Empty)

117 posts in this topic
MSI Afterburner will just give a GUI to make adjustments if you wish. Riva Tuner (downloads with afterburner) is the bit to control FPS per application or globally.

You essentially tick what you want shown as a layer in game, and it shows it constantly.

And Afterburner won't try to apply its own fan profiles to my GPU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RipGroove said:

And Afterburner won't try to apply its own fan profiles to my GPU?

nope, but you can ask it to etc.

nope, but you can ask it to etc.

OK I'll take a look.

I run Afterburner graphs on my old 1920x1080 (2nd) monitor which is much better than anything that Riva Tuner can do on a single monitor. If you have a 2nd monitor you could try that.

I run Afterburner graphs on my old 1920x1080 (2nd) monitor which is much better than anything that Riva Tuner can do on a single monitor. If you have a 2nd monitor you could try that.

Before I got my Ultrawide I did actually have a 2nd monitor setup on my old PC for monitoring software, it was really useful.

Well something weird is going on because for the last few days I've been getting 100-120FPS in my usual test area in Gorodok v2 with draw times between 6.5-
& 8.5ms!!!

I'm getting this with both my CPU at its stock clock with HT on and with my CPU at 5.0GHz with HT off and with and without full texture loading on.

The weird thing is, I've not changed anything at all since I started this thread just over a week ago??!! I've had no driver updates, no OS updates, nothing. It seems that overnight my FPS has doubled and my draw times have halved?!

Tomorrow morning I'm going to note down every setting and driver version I can think of now that I seem to have a winning combination. Still not entirely sure how it seemingly fixed itself over night though. I'm definitely over the moon, I just wish I knew what exactly happened.

I did notice today though that in Al Basrah I'm lucky to get 70-80fps (full server), is that map usually a resource hog? 70-80fps is perfectly fine and smooth on my 100Hz monitor with G-Sync so it doesn't really matter.

Maybe you've past the Nvidia break in period and can now go full throttle.

13 hours ago, RipGroove said:

I did notice today though that in Al Basrah I'm lucky to get 70-80fps (full server), is that map usually a resource hog? 70-80fps is perfectly fine and smooth on my 100Hz monitor with G-Sync so it doesn't really matter.

yes sounds about right in 1440p.

I fix at 85fps with my settings low or off except shadows middle and view distance high, 1.5 resolution scale (uses about 9.8GB RAM with texture streaming on). I do get the odd drop to 80fps.

Glad it sounds like it may be sorted, would love to know what it was!

yes sounds about right in 1440p.

I fix at 85fps with my settings low or off except shadows middle and view distance high, 1.5 resolution scale (uses about 9.8GB RAM with texture streaming on). I do get the odd drop to 80fps.

Glad it sounds like it may be sorted, would love to know what it was!

You and me both! It's been driving me mad since we moved away from v8.9

I'm super paranoid to change anything at all now in case it messes up again lol

I'm so glad I can finally (for now at least) just play the game no matter what map appears in the rotation.

Thanks SO much for your help with all this, its been VERY much appreciated, you're a real asset to the forum! It's been really good to have someone with a similar PC spec running comparisons for me. Hopefully I'm done fault finding for a little while.

:P no worries, I love looking at this stuff.

no worries, I love looking at this stuff.

Haha it can be good fun if you're not the one suffering lol

Just now, RipGroove said:

Haha it can be good fun if you're not the one suffering lol

But I felt your pain man.............................LOL

But I felt your pain man.............................LOL

Haha thanks man

I've even now added SMAA and 1.5x SS and it's still returning 70- 120FPS (full servers) depending on the map!

Only logical explanation can be Serverside then , i noticed a pretty big difference in FPS on different servers even if they are empty.

Anyway good to here it runs like it should be , HF :-)

Only logical explanation can be Serverside then , i noticed a pretty big difference in FPS on different servers even if they are empty.

Anyway good to here it runs like it should be , HF :-)

I frequent the same few servers plus I did a lot of testing in different maps via 'adminchangemap' in the Firing Range. I'm baffled as to what's fixed it?!

to be honest i have no idea then, maybee they upgradet the seerver or gave the VM more recources