RipGroove

5.0GHz 7700k & 1080ti Hybrid = 56fps @ Gorodok (Empty)

117 posts in this topic

You using Win 10?  You got all stuff in background turned off?  Like sending all your data back to Microsoft?  And turning anti virus off?  Your not letting them use your machine as a P to P network?

You using Win 10?  You got all stuff in background turned off?  Like sending all your data back to Microsoft?  And turning anti virus off?  Your not letting them use your machine as a P to P network?

I do have Win10 yes, I only have the home version so I believe my customisation is limited but I'll take another look at everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok i'll test further later, but here is my initial results.

Gorodok v2 - Empty

4.8GHz 7700k

MSI Gaming X 1080ti

3440x1440

Epic (no AA, no SS)

Gorodok v2 - Empty

120FPS

8.33ms

Frame 8.34ms

Game  3.83ms

Draw  6.09ms

GPU   8.30ms

Firing range maxed out at 130fps which was weird? I expected well above 150fps in there but I am not sure if they moved the cap on the firing range.

Firestrike 1.1 result.

5914b8913c3fe_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.b77fb4067de4067be0c2278e9a18cb4c.png

I can't view your Firestrike attachment for some reason, what was the score?

NVM, I see it now, similar to my score.

Firing range hasn't seen much optimization and also has like 70 vehicles on it. 130 fps is decent for it.

1 hour ago, Norby said:

Firing range hasn't seen much optimization and also has like 70 vehicles on it. 130 fps is decent for it.

understood, but I twitch if I dont max out on the range.

Update, wife saw, didn't say anything.....................so, silence can be worse.

understood, but I twitch if I dont max out on the range.

Update, wife saw, didn't say anything.....................so, silence can be worse.

Hahaha, hey at least your new PC isn't a giant useless paperweight like mine :-( My Wife isn't best pleased that I've spent about £4000 on my PC and it runs like shit.

The only thing I can think of now is to reset my BIOS to stock clocks with Hyperthreading ON and see if that helps. But I can't see it doubling my FPS.
My hardware is clearly more than capable so I really can't see what the issue is?!

52 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

The only thing I can think of now is to reset my BIOS to stock clocks with Hyperthreading ON and see if that helps. But I can't see it doubling my FPS.
My hardware is clearly more than capable so I really can't see what the issue is?!

I hear your painmate, like Isaid before if you wanted to hook up to discord we can go through literally all my settings and just make sure nothings been missed or not ticked etc.

I'm no Tech but this would be an interesting thing to do either way, and we may get lucky.

I hear your painmate, like Isaid before if you wanted to hook up to discord we can go through literally all my settings and just make sure nothings been missed or not ticked etc.

I'm no Tech but this would be an interesting thing to do either way, and we may get lucky.

I haven't figured out how Discord works yet!! Would you be able to send me some screen shots of say your DXDIAG and maybe some Nvidia settings so at least I can cross reference some of it?

Ok before you start messing with BIOS settings or combing through DXDIAG outputs, you seriously need to try what @Norby and I suggested earlier. :) 

1. Just put everything to low, maybe even drop your res to 1/2 your regular native output.
  2. Load up your test scene (Gorodok, empty)
  3. Check your stat unit. If the GPU is now down to sub 10ms like it should be, then one at a time, raise settings to their max until you start to see Draw/Game/GPU time rise. 
  4. When you find a setting that affects the GPU time, put that back to low and then go to the next one. 
  5. You should be left with settings that have everything maxed except those that hurt your GPU time.
  6. Report back which settings caused your GPU time to jump, then we can start troubleshooting/hunting on forums/posts to see if that is a common problem, or if it is a config issue on your PC. Edit: or a dev might be able to shed some light as to why that setting makes such a big difference to just the GPU time, not the draw time. 

Without proper troubleshooting, you might as well be flinging crap at a wall and seeing what sticks [basically the theme of your previous thread and this one so far]. ^_^

Edited by Psyrus

Ok before you start messing with BIOS settings or combing through DXDIAG outputs, you seriously need to try what Norby and I suggested earlier.  

1. Just put everything to low, maybe even drop your res to 1/2 your regular native output.
  2. Load up your test scene (Gorodok, empty)
  3. Check your stat unit. If the GPU is now down to sub 10ms like it should be, then one at a time, raise settings to their max until you start to see Draw/Game/GPU time rise. 
  4. When you find a setting that affects the GPU time, put that back to low and then go to the next one. 
  5. You should be left with settings that have everything maxed except those that hurt your GPU time.
  6. Report back which settings caused your GPU time to jump, then we can start troubleshooting/hunting on forums/posts to see if that is a common problem, or if it is a config issue on your PC. Edit: or a dev might be able to shed some light as to why that setting makes such a big difference to just the GPU time, not the draw time. 
Without proper troubleshooting, you might as well be flinging crap at a wall and seeing what sticks [basically the theme of your previous thread and this one so far]. 

Fair enough, I'll give that a go then first.

I'm sure I've tried all settings on low before and it made little difference, IIRC the only thing that improves performance is lowering my resolution, which would point to the GPU but I've got the same poor results with both the 980ti FTW and the 1080ti, and the 1080ti should be more than capable.

I'll have another look though and see if any game graphics settings have a big impact.

30 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

I'm sure I've tried all settings on low before and it made little difference, IIRC the only thing that improves performance is lowering my resolution, which would point to the GPU but I've got the same poor results with both the 980ti FTW and the 1080ti, and the 1080ti should be more than capable.

I'm not suggesting that your GPU isn't capable, what I am trying to get at is that there is some aspect in rendering a frame, perhaps specifically in gorodok, that your GPU is getting hung up on. That may be an engine issue, a driver related issue (tessellation issue?) or something else completely. But until we do isolation analysis, it's like trying to fix a car that has broken down by buying random new engine parts and replacing them in different permutations until it comes back to life, which is quite inefficient.]

Edit: and please follow the steps I laid up above, the only caveat being if when you lower all the settings and the GPU time is still high, you don't have to bother doing the rest of them as that branch of testing is pointless as it is unrelated to any specific setting. 

If you're interested and have some time, here are some good resources regarding what I mean

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Performance/GPU/index.html

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/53572/how-to-understand-cpu-and-gpu-profiling.html 

Edited by Psyrus

50 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

I haven't figured out how Discord works yet!! Would you be able to send me some screen shots of say your DXDIAG and maybe some Nvidia settings so at least I can cross reference some of it?

LOL well TS or steam chat works just as well, lemme know if you wanna do this no worries either way. If we match my settings then we can eliminate that for sure.

I'm not suggesting that your GPU isn't capable, what I am trying to get at is that there is some aspect in rendering a frame, perhaps specifically in gorodok, that your GPU is getting hung up on. That may be an engine issue, a driver related issue (tessellation issue?) or something else completely. But until we do isolation analysis, it's like trying to fix a car that has broken down by buying random new engine parts and replacing them in different permutations until it comes back to life, which is quite inefficient.]

Edit: and please follow the steps I laid up above, the only caveat being if when you lower all the settings and the GPU time is still high, you don't have to bother doing the rest of them as that branch of testing is pointless as it is unrelated to any specific setting. 

If you're interested and have some time, here are some good resources regarding what I mean

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Performance/GPU/index.html

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/53572/how-to-understand-cpu-and-gpu-profiling.html 

I get ya, thanks. I'll deffo go through those steps before messing with anything out of game.

LOL well TS or steam chat works just as well, lemme know if you wanna do this no worries either way. If we match my settings then we can eliminate that for sure.

Yeah if I can find some time to sit down and go through it it might be worth it. This damn system is taking up a lot of my free time lately and it just feels like a chore right now, I'm getting no enjoyment at all from all the money that's been thrown at it lol I've spent £1100 on it just this week what with the new GPU and a set of headphones and an amp as my old set died on me. I've never minded spending out on decent PC hardware as usually the results make it worth it, right now though is a different story.

I think the recent advice of dropping settings and testing is spot on to try. If it narrows down a particular function causing you issues then you're one step closer to a solution.

As your machine is getting decent expected scores in benchmarks it leads me to believe it's a settings/configuration thing with Squad so stepping through your configuration with Sho-Shin could also prove beneficial. If configuration does turn out to be the cause I am sure the devs would be very interested in what could cause such a impact on performance with near identical hardware.

I've got a Surveyor coming around my house this afternoon but at the very latest I'll get some tests done tomorrow morning. I'm EXTREMELY keen to get this sorted.

4 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

I've got a Surveyor coming around my house this afternoon but at the very latest I'll get some tests done tomorrow morning. I'm EXTREMELY keen to get this sorted.

Wow, getting a Surveyor in to check out your PC won't be cheap. Sho-Shin was going to help you out for free. xD

44 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

I've never minded spending out on decent PC hardware as usually the results make it worth it, right now though is a different story.

Well just take solace in the fact that your hardware is seemingly performing as it should, and any other games you play should reap the benefits of the fat wads of cash you've thrown at your PC retailer. The problem is that we're dealing with "in-development" software, which among other things, can be temperamental at the best of times as new features take precedence over absolute perfection/optimization. 

Wow, getting a Surveyor in to check out your PC won't be cheap. Sho-Shin was going to help you out for free. 

Haha for the price I'm paying him he should sort out my PC while he's here.

Well just take solace in the fact that your hardware is seemingly performing as it should, and any other games you play should reap the benefits of the fat wads of cash you've thrown at your PC retailer. The problem is that we're dealing with "in-development" software, which among other things, can be temperamental at the best of times as new features take precedence over absolute perfection/optimization. 

Yeah true, I need to buy some more games then really to take advantage.

1 hour ago, RipGroove said:

Yeah true, I need to buy some more games then really to take advantage.

Then I'd suggest anything NOT running on UE4 as they're all suffering with poor performance. You'll just get downhearted with what appears to be under performing hardware when it's most likely the game engine/optimisation itself.

As much as it pains me you might want to try BF1 as that's well optimised and really favours top end hardware. Shame you can't get a 2hr refund with it ;)

Edited by Major Trouble
typo

Then I'd suggest anything NOT running on UE4 as they're all suffering with poor performance. You'll just get downhearted with what appears to be under performing hardware when it's most likely the game engine/optimisation itself.

As much as it pains me you might want to try BF1 as that's well optimised and really favours top end hardware. Shame you can't get a 2hr refund with it 

Yeah I'll definitely get some AAA games.

2 minutes ago, RipGroove said:

Yeah I'll definitely get some AAA games.

Get DOOM, if you like fps games it's the only single player game really worth getting.

GTA V is a lot of fun and you can really push your hardware and make it look beautiful.