Sign in to follow this  
OXOTHNK

M249's recoil is too strong, please reduce it

M249's recoil is too strong, feels like you keep in hand flaming potato but not machine-gun. due to recoil machinegunner is the most useless kit in game, even if  shoot lying.

I dont know why you continue to make strange decisions, may be you have not reference videos or you made it for balance, in both cases it don't makes game better.
>:(

Yeah i do kind of agree, m4 and m249 use the same caliber, and the (loaded) weight of the m4 is 3.51kg , weight of m249 is 10kg , recoil on the m249 should be significantly weaker, the thing is however, you need to factor in the fire rate of the 249 as well, which may add a little more to recoil. While unrealistic the way it currently is in squad, you can train with it to hit proper groupings while standing up on full auto. I found 2-3 round , fast paced bursts to be the most effective.

2 hours ago, MilosV said:

Yeah i do kind of agree, m4 and m249 use the same caliber, and the (loaded) weight of the m4 is 3.51kg , weight of m249 is 10kg , recoil on the m249 should be significantly weaker, the thing is however, you need to factor in the fire rate of the 249 as well, which may add a little more to recoil. While unrealistic the way it currently is in squad, you can train with it to hit proper groupings while standing up on full auto. I found 2-3 round , fast paced bursts to be the most effective.

they both fire ~800 rpm iirc

What about muzzle velocity. I guess it's higher.
On the other hand this is a game and needs balance in front of realistic weapon spec's.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

Type of operation is also something to take into account: (pseudo) direct gas impingement vs. long-stroke gas piston, more reciprocating mass in case of the latter. Your typical AR15/M16/M4 bolt is pretty light, now I don't have the exact numbers at the ready, but I'd guess the bolt of a M249 is a bit heavier, more reciprocating mass there too possibly.

Edited by Nimbus

When burst firing (3-5 shots) with the M249, it is expected to have a higher individual bullet accuracy in exchange for less consistent RPM.

However, in-game, after 2 shots there is an incredibly high jump pattern that happens on the third (usually visible by the tracer) , and the pattern is very aggressive in terms of how much it happens and how much it increases after each burst. This needs to be toned down to after about 5 shots the recoil starts to jump and then there is a .5 second rest period before it is ready to fire an accurate burst again. It simply needs to be the #1 way of laying down fire on the enemy and actually being a threat instead of a decoration of pretty, useless tracer fire.