Hells_Redeemer0

i could use some help

let me start by saying, im a full on console pleb (yes I know, DIRTY CONSOLES BLAH BLAH) and never really looked into getting a PC. but that's all changed, this game is the single driving factor for why I now want a PC but that's where I hit a snag. I don't know much about getting down and finding a good gaming PC (blame it on the consoles) so I come to you guys for assistance, could someone point me in the direction of where I can get a PC that can run this game on ultra? I know it can be pricey to get into but that doesn't matter I just need to know where to start.

TL:DR need help finding PC, Where can I find one.

>Run this game on ultra

Depends on if you want 60fps or you just want to run it.

GTX 970

i7 6700k OC'd to 5.0ghz

16gb ram

that's all you should need

Posted (edited)

Look forward to welcoming you to the PC gaming family. A couple q's so we can best help you.

1. What is your budget!?

2. Are you comfortable w/ electronics? (Assembling your own PC tends to provide the best value; you will pay more for a prebuilt/made to order rig).

3. Do you have a reliable broadband internet connection? This is imperative.

4. What graphics quality and resolution do you want to play at? 

Since this a Squad forum and the game is still in development, I'll add one comment. Squad requires mid to high tier hardware to run well. I.e. You could build a a relatively inexpensive PC that will many released AAA titles pretty well...but it would struggle to run Squad.

To get started I would head over to Reddit's BuildaPC or check out Gamers Nexus list of builds: http://www.gamersnexus.net/pc-builds

In addition PC Gamer has decent resources for starting off your research. If you just want to buy a pre-built PC I'm sure there are plenty of places that will take your money, but even if you go that route, you need to research the components that it will come with. 

Edited by fu*

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, fu* said:

Look forward to welcoming you to the PC gaming family. A couple q's so we can best help you.

1. What is your budget!?

2. Are you comfortable w/ electronics? (Assembling your own PC tends to provide the best value; you will pay more for a prebuilt/made to order rig).

3. Do you have a reliable broadband internet connection? This is imperative.

4. What graphics quality and resolution do you want to play at? 

Since this a Squad forum and the game is still in development, I'll add one comment. Squad requires mid to high tier hardware to run well. I.e. You could build a a relatively inexpensive PC that will many released AAA titles pretty well...but it would struggle to run Squad.

To get started I would head over to Reddit's BuildaPC or check out Gamers Nexus list of builds: http://www.gamersnexus.net/pc-builds

In addition PC Gamer has decent resources for starting off your research. If you just want to buy a pre-built PC I'm sure there are plenty of places that will take your money, but even if you go that route, you need to research the components that it will come with. 

Thank you, I am looking forward to joining. I will address these questions to the best of my ability.

1. I can do 1K+ but anything less is always welcome lol

2. I am and I have tech savvy friends

3 .I do, off the top of my head I believe it is 100 MB/s

4. whatever doesn't make it look like aids and full screen? lol I don't really know to be honest. as you can tell im extremely new. what would you recommend?

Edited by Hells_Redeemer0

Squad is very cpu and single core/thread bound so the obvious choice is Intel. The 970 is a bit old now. If I was starting fresh I'd be looking at the 1070 to find the balance of bang/buck. 16gb of ram is really the sweet spot these days. You can get away with 8gb but you'll have less issues with 16gb especially playing early access games. Solid State Drives (SSD) make an enormous difference in responsiveness of any computer and I personally wouldn't build a machine without one now. If you only want to play Squad then I would go 120gb or 256gb but personally I'd prefer around 512gb. Give you room for other games as you move away from console. You can always add more drives in the future though.

So....

i5 7600k

16gb ddr4 3000

Gtx 1070

512gb SSD

550w psu

That type of build wouldn't include a monitor or other peripherals like mouse & keyboard and the Squad essential headset/mic.

That would get you a high spec machine but would likely push you just over 1k us. Pcpartpicker is great for checking out 5* parts and ensuring compatability just do some research on stuff like motherboards to be sure it has features you may want.

Try not to game over wifi if you can.