Sign in to follow this  
Nikko B

CPU Upgrade worth it?

So I'm one of those guys that would totally upgrade my computer just for Squad, but I'm wondering if it will be worth it. Right now I'm getting an average of 37-45 FPS on full servers with an i5-6500 and an RX 480. I was thinking of going all out and getting an i7-7700k and liquid cooling to overclock, but will it be worth it? My goal is just to hit 60fps on full servers at 1080p.

Thoughts?

I heard Squad is more CPU intensive than games like BF4 so it should definitely make some difference. Maybe not now but in the future when the devs are deep into optimization and fixing performance issues. 

I would wait.

btw: I am also looking forward to upgrade my CPU for squad in the near future, but it runs still pretty decent on the i3-4130 I have paired with a GTX960 and 8GB RAM.

On 5/8/2017 at 9:18 PM, Nikko B said:

So I'm one of those guys that would totally upgrade my computer just for Squad, but I'm wondering if it will be worth it. Right now I'm getting an average of 37-45 FPS on full servers with an i5-6500 and an RX 480. I was thinking of going all out and getting an i7-7700k and liquid cooling to overclock, but will it be worth it? My goal is just to hit 60fps on full servers at 1080p.

Thoughts?

For Squad it would be very worth it, specially when OC'd.

On 5/8/2017 at 8:18 PM, Nikko B said:

Thoughts?

absolutely,

For 1080p, min 60fps I would say go with the 6600k or higher.