Hi - I recently picked up the game and have spent a few hours playing and something has tickled my curiosity. Why can Scout's and Marksmen not mark the map declaring enemy positions?

At first I thought it might be redundant as the job is picked up by the SL, but the SL already has the largest and most involved task without also being the only person capable of marking enemy positions. The marksman role is essentially rifleman with decent optics and the scout role is rifleman with explosives + bino's.  Both of these roles seem to lend well to marking enemy positions without taking away from the importance of the Squad Leader.

I've searched the forum, wiki and dev blogs for an answer to why this is only something the SL does but couldn't find an answer. Has there been one? Is this temporary or is it part of the final design that only a SL can mark enemies on the map?

Hi there and welcome in family. 

About this there already was some debates. 

If I remember right thing is that we already have map overloaded by marks. Imagine if another guys could drop markers it will be mess like hell. 

Second is that marksmen are ussualy taken by total newbies. Hard to say that but its true. They think that its some kind of sniper rifle and go  hunt like in  CS/COD/BF.  And this just make squad weaker. 

Experienced players who take marksmen ussualy dont have to drop any marker. Just press B and report it. Experienced squad leader ussualy have enough space and practice to drop markers with no troubles. 

Welcome to the forum!

There are already a few posts about this, like this one:

/locked