GonzoPR

Escape From Tarkov 20% off

GonzoPR   

If anyone is interested and hasn't yet seen this:

I'm in a love/hate relationship with the game right now, it's awesome... but it's frustrating as hell. Was going to link my twitch vids, etc but you can find what you need to, if you want to instead. Just don't blame me if you buy it and get 1 tapped by the AI in the most stupid way :P

Can answer 'some' questions about the game if anyone is on the fence.. i'll be honest i swear haha

Edited by GonzoPR

GonzoPR   
18 minutes ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

This is a good deal it seems. I will definitely be getting this!

Yes and no, it's still damn expensive for the top level package. 

3 hours ago, GonzoPR said:

The top one. It tells you on the order page what you get with each pack.

Ok my bad, I saw that. That's a lot of dough to fork out for instant access. I'm gonna have to wait a bit...

As technical exhibition the game looks great. Weapon customisation, damage system, environment interaction (opening door etc). But where is the gameplay? Loot, escape, sell - repeat. I've watched a few videos and I don't see any gameplay that hooks me tbh. Please help me see what I am missing as I really want to like the game.

I am playing PUBG at the moment and although it has a similar game mechanic it's the competition to be that last survivor after starting with nothing that makes the game interesting. EFT allows you to start with your own weapons and you can go the whole round avoiding contact without being forced into contact by an ever decreasing playzone. It's lacking something for me to splurge.

MustD1e   
20 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

As technical exhibition the game looks great. Weapon customisation, damage system, environment interaction (opening door etc). But where is the gameplay? Loot, escape, sell - repeat. I've watched a few videos and I don't see any gameplay that hooks me tbh. Please help me see what I am missing as I really want to like the game.

I am playing PUBG at the moment and although it has a similar game mechanic it's the competition to be that last survivor after starting with nothing that makes the game interesting. EFT allows you to start with your own weapons and you can go the whole round avoiding contact without being forced into contact by an ever decreasing playzone. It's lacking something for me to splurge.

Recent gameplay

GonzoPR   
On 5/8/2017 at 1:38 AM, Major Trouble said:

Please help me see what I am missing as I really want to like the game.

Right now it's just the raids you will have seen in videos. No open world or story elements are in yet.

The gunplay, movement, weaponry is all awesome - but not without its issues of course.

Playing a group is where it shines I think. Also factory map gameplay is not the whole game right now, it's the CQB shitfest map, it's fun but doesn't really highlight what tarkov is. Kind of like how Sumaari used to be the COD map in Squad.

Anyway, sale is on now, if anyone was close to buying - now would be the time. If not, wait and see I guess.

47 minutes ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

So I just went ahead and pre-ordered since the beta is coming in July sometime. Anyone else going to buy or thinking of buying?

My oldest son got that special early alpha edition with a bunch of extras and if I recall it was close to $200 but it looks very sick from what he showed me gameplay wise cause he has a 1080ti. He told me wait a bit and don't preorder the beta. He said wait until the normal version comes out for some reason, I'll have ask him when I see him.