Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cygnus

Pentium 5 g4560

Since this processor seems to be about just as fast as the i5 2500k (min spec) I was wondering if this could run squad at 40fps with my geforce 960?

I think it will run, but at nowhere near 40fps stable. My guess would be around 20fps.

min recommended is i5, ie 4 cores.

5 minutes ago, ZXD_SHO-SHIN said:

I think it will run, but at nowhere near 40fps stable. My guess would be around 20fs.

My fx 6300 gets 20 fps and the pentium seems to be on par with the current gen i3? I mean 30fps min with low gfx would be enough for now. Besides doesn't squad just pretty much rely on single core performance in which the pentium should beat the crappy fx 6300 any day any time?

G4560 should  be ok in squad  cause he owns new Skylake core with higher IPC and faster DDr4 memory. 40 FPs avarage is possible with dips to lower FPS in heavy stressing maps with action and full player count.

I think thats the best possible solution to play Squad when on a Ultra tight buget (aside from buying used Stuff ).

I was trying to set your expectations low....................I only have minor feedback on this kind of set up and no direct experience.

9 minutes ago, moppel said:

G4560 should  be ok in squad  cause he owns new Skylake core with higher IPC and faster DDr4 memory. 40 FPs avarage is possible with dips to lower FPS in heavy stressing maps with action and full player count.

I think thats the best possible solution to play Squad when on a Ultra tight buget (aside from buying used Stuff ).

That was exactly what I was thinking too. An added plus is an upgradepath to i5 for the future! I think I will get the pentium ans post some benches here since there's not much info about that processor with squad.

I did a test back when v8 cam out on my rig by deactivationg 4 cores in bios so basicly i had a I3 on steroides, 2 Haswell E cores 4,4 ghz + 2 HT Threads , 15 Mb cache , QC Ram.

Results where Pretty good and playable ,lost some FPS but the min where almost identical to full six setup cause of the singelthread bottleneck.

i3simulated2lazr.jpg

10 minutes ago, ZXD_SHO-SHIN said:

I was trying to set your expectations low....................I only have minor feedback on this kind of set up and no direct experience.

I understand that too :) my goal is to get the game playable and open future upgrade paths atm.

Hey Cygnus did you get the G4560 setup? If so, would you share some results cause iam really curios about this :-)

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:55 AM, SHO-SHIN said:

I think it will run, but at nowhere near 40fps stable. My guess would be around 20fps.

Why more cores? For the most part Squad seems heavily single threaded.

I don't know the exact answer, but I have noticed an improved use of 4 cores if available over the months.

The multi threading has seemingly improved lately, although a vast majority of the work is still on the primary game thread (somewhat unavoidable in certain cases)