@tatzhit in russian army plz proof. That 30mm and 14.5mm using in combat as IFV.

Read carefully, i toldin about Russian army.

Your inattention, you also ruined.

Edited by Condemned117

Here some photos of MTLBs used in war with Georgia.

original.jpg

original.jpg

avto1.jpg

caf6a1834266e40745d5e2760879a30c.jpg

It is not very common though...

Personally I feel that MTLB's should be for factions like Militia and Insurgents, Russian Army should have BMP's and BMD's.

Edited by FishMan

OP is definitely right. The 30mm MTLB is very rare, and is not used much in combat.

I think the reason it is being used a lot right now is because simply, the other vehicles are not finished. In the future the Russian armour will mostly be BTR, BMPs and T72/T90. The MTLB has way less armour than the BTR, and the americans only have the stryker, so if every russian 30mm was the BTR it would overpowered. Once the americans have Bradleys and Abrams, you will see less MTLB as well.

Also regarding the 14.5 MTLB, only the militia use that in Squad, and that won't be changing I imagine.

On 05.05.2017 at 9:28 PM, Karm said:

Heres two images of an MT-LB with a 30mm turret taken from a 2011 demonstration. Doesnt prove much, except that they do exist in the russian army, I suppose. (I mean, they are paraded at least.)

http://www.vitalykuzmin.net/Military/Demonstration-in-Bronnitsy/i-7h6zj87/ (near the bottom of the page)

Demonstration of military vehicles at Bronnitsy test range

It's russian testing grounds and these MTLBs are being tested there. Even in 2011 they weren't in russian army service. 

Here's a quote from the V9 changelog: "No longer a front line vehicle by any means, the MTLB can be seen on the Russian side in Squad when missions involve non front-line scenarios, as well as functioning as an intermediate set of vehicles on light maps where BTR's are too high profile."

The devs understand that the MTLB isn't the primary APC of the Russian army but at this point in the development of Squad it's what makes sense with the current system limitations.

I see that your main problem is with the 30mm and 14.5mm variants but you've got to understand that being an Early Access game means the devs need to make it enjoyable at all stages of development or they lose funding, so they are using the assets they have to create variety by putting the BTR-80 and 82 turrets on MTLBs for some diversity of play. As ZiGreen pointed out the variants are in service in some capacity in reality so the devs aren't just making things up, they're just more common in game for gameplays sake.

I don't think these variants will ever completely disappear from the game but when BMPs are introduced I think they are going to replace the vast majority of all MTLBs in the game so we will be seeing far less of the variants you have issue with.

Not in service quite yet, but the Russian 12.7mm Bumerang APC would be a good counterpart to the Stryker. Otherwise a 14.5mm BTR variant would be the best choice.

30mm MT-LB strikes me as something the devs threw in just because they had the model. That's cool for now but I'd like to see it phased out eventually.

Edited by Carlos Danger

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Not in service quite yet, but the Russian 12.7mm Bumerang APC would be a good counterpart to the Stryker. Otherwise a 14.5mm BTR variant would be the best choice.

30mm MT-LB strikes me as something the devs threw in just because they had the model. That's cool for now but I'd like to see it phased out eventually.

The Russians don't need a direct counterpart to the Stryker, they have their own doctrine that focuses on cheaper, lighter APCs like the BTR. Thinking about the vehicles in a 1:1 manner isn't really what the game has ever tried to achieve because asymmetry is a core concept whether it be between conventional or unconventional forces.

On 2017-05-04 at 11:51 AM, z3k4 said:

As you all know devs added some wierd stuff like MTLB 30mm and MTLB KPVT 14.5. I just want to ask where did you get info these vehicles are in service? The MTLB itself is just a multi-purpose towing vehicle probably equally compared to M113. Why the hell you decided to make them as IFV. Maximum it can carry troops and be in a role as APC (armed with 7.62 or 12.7). Are you making this game based on real facts or just your imagination? 

Rather silly commentsactually. In war they put all kinds of shit on all kinds of shit. Especially for more primitive armys like militia and ins. etc make do with whatever low quality stuff they got hold of. Sometimes from maybe as far back as even would war 2 in rare cases. Of course it is cooler though if the combination actually exists. But is seem to do, right? A lot of fighting vehicle come in very rare flavours that most people never even hear about.

I have no problem with the vehicle except for sights that have a green tint on some of the vehicles making them almost unusable in many situations. Worse than marksman scope which is ridiculous at best.  Green tint has to go! It sucks, and is unrealistic.