Sign in to follow this  
djbnw

IED - "Stackable" by digging

By stackable , the IED starts of with one mortar round for example and the more you dig , the more mortar rounds you add to it ( perhaps it might be only for insurgents where you can add more, to add some dynamics to gameplay)
So the IED becomes "stronger" the more you dig , maybe up to 5 stages ( 5 mortar rounds?)

Hopefully the IEDs become stronger because it couldnt even destroy a logi truck one time i tried it.
And so if other factions have a different kind of IED based off C4s or whatnot , then maybe specifically for insurgents they can have a really large ied with this "stackable" version of IEDs

I just played a few rounds (hours) laying IEDs, I agree that would be awesome. Maybe with a choice of how many/which type of explosive brought. Like you could allocate more ammo for the IED and take some from your frag or AT mine. 

Or after a certain amounts of 'digs' its hidden completely? like 15-20? I think I could pile some more dirt over a shell if I had time.... Some ground surfaces wont bury the IED properly, it sits 1-2 inches above ground sometimes. It happened to me in the western back house on "StorageSite" cap point.

+ to more BOOM power 

(a few Humvees survived to tell of my harrowing VBIEDs)

Is there a physics reaction to the explosion when it hits vehicles? I wouldnt mind if they didnt blow up immediately but at least flip them :D 

Configurability of the IED is planned, this is just a first iteration.

And yes, some vehicles will survive the IED, some will burn, then die, etc.