Hi!

My present config is:

Gigabyte B250-HD3P mobo

Intel i7-7700

2x8 GB Kingston HyperX FuryBlack 2400 MHZ

Gigabyte GTX1070 Windforce OC (8GB)+ForceWare 381.89

Dell 23" 1080p

Graphic settings: all epic, all switch is on, the super sampling is off

In 70/70 server the game runs with 30-60 fps, is depend on the situation. If I set super sampling 2, it will run with 20-30 fps.

I monitor the PC's performance with Aida64 and GPU-Z. When I playing the CPU load is about 50-60 % the VGA near 100%. (GPU-VRAM frequency 90-100%, VRAM 7 GB)

Is it normal?

I think is too weak. It ran only a bit worst on my former config (i5-3570+R9-290+2x4 GB RAM).

What is your experience?

I have another issue: When I join to a server after a couple minutes the screen freeze for 10-20 secs, then it runs fluently. What is it? On my former config wasn't make it.

I would suggest to Use Afterbruner overlay to get a live feed for CPU/GPU/Ram usage Temperatures e.g. this way you can see what is the bottleneck in the current situation.

Anyway a 1070 GTX and schould handle 1080P above 60FPS as long the CPU can keep up.

Maybe go to Firing range and check your FPS there ,

My Guess is Your FPS in Full Servers are limited by "singelthread bottleneck" Squad with UE4 suffers under.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, moppel said:

My Guess is Your FPS in Full Servers are limited by "singelthread bottleneck" Squad with UE4 suffers under.

30-60fps is too low for a 7700k, it's the most powerful cpu at the moment for single thread operation (and it's probably the most powerful overall for gaming).

6 hours ago, Levi said:

Hi!

What is your experience?

If i get ~60fps on average in 70-80 players servers and supersampling at 125% with a ryzen and a 1070 , you should at least get the same. Squad is limited by the cpu... and your cpu is better than mine for games like squad, arma2 / 3. The 1070 is more than enough to provide a solid 60fps in 1080p gaming without supersampling, as long as the cpu is not limiting the fps.

What kind of fps to you get in the shooting range? Check the cpu / gpu max temperature (Use Hwinfo64 for example), if they're overheating it would be possible to have something throttling. Try to clean your client information (can help to solve fps issues), if it's not working roll back to previous GPU drivers (i was having weird resolution / scaling issue with the last nvidia driver, rolled back to 381.65 to fix it).

Just in case, look at GPUZ and check the PCIE bus interface. It's possible to have your GPU pcie interface run in PCIE3 2x or even 1x, and it's going to destroy the performances. Is your GPU installed on the top or bottom pcie 3.0 slot? Do you have an M2 drive or anything connected to the sata express port? How the motherboard pcie slots are populated?

Edited by Ouiche

1.) he got the non K version wich is lower clocked an should reach around 3.8 GHz allcore,

2.)even OCed 7700K`s drop under 60FPS depending on Map playercount and action

So his FPS are in a normal range , 60 FPS is proberbly his max due to Vsync.

Guys, thanks for replies.

I had a little time yesterday, I made some tests in a 50/50 server.

See the results:

2534763-20170504-OHgNvZ.jpg

2534764-20170504-PvMccM.jpg

Up the CPU's result (Aida64), down the VGA's (GPU-Z)

2534771-20170504-c2eiDj.jpg

2534765-20170504-9W4lBJ.jpg

CPU runs on half performance, temperature is about 65-70, far from its limit (100 C). It seems Squad is not a challenge for an i7-7700.

But the game eats the 1070 for breakfast, VGA runs near 100 %, temp is about 70 C,  (throttling limit is about 83 C)

I have tested my config with 3DMark 11 (19200 points, it is normal) and with other games: GTAV, Battlefield 4 Multi, IL-2 Sturmovik BOM Multi, all run with stabile 60 fps, no drops.

I red the following in the post of the latest update: "Please always reset your appdata in the game settings on every new build!"

I cannot find "reset" button in the game settings. Should I clean a folder or something?

And:

17 hours ago, Ouiche said:

Try to clean your client information (can help to solve fps issues), if it's not working roll back to previous GPU drivers (i was having weird resolution / scaling issue with the last nvidia driver, rolled back to 381.65 to fix it).

How can I clean my client information?

And I will try this older driver tomorrow. I hope these will help me.

Here is the screenshot from the 3DMark 11 result, and you can see my CPU's ang VGA's datas.

2534780-20170504-byrEzo.jpg

Hello there.

My specs here:

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 X

CPU Intel i5-4670k 3.40Ghz < OC'ed to 4.30Ghz

Ram: Hyper X DDR3 1600Mhz 16GB

Resolution: 1920x1080, 60Hz

Settings:

All Epic, supersampling 1.5

I use NVIDIA vsync so my FPS doesn't exceed 60.

While playing in a full 80 player server on mumblerines i keep a fps of 45-60. Depends on the map and location.

In the main squad menu, go to settings, then game settings. It is the first of three options in the bottom right hand corner. Choose CLEAR CACHED USER DATA. Then you have to redo all your settings but no big deal. Also you can delete the squad local folder. Usually found in a folder like this:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Squad

7 hours ago, Levi said:

Guys, thanks for replies.

I had a little time yesterday, I made some tests in a 50/50 server.

See the results:

2534763-20170504-OHgNvZ.jpg

2534764-20170504-PvMccM.jpg

Up the CPU's result (Aida64), down the VGA's (GPU-Z)

2534771-20170504-c2eiDj.jpg

2534765-20170504-9W4lBJ.jpg

CPU runs on half performance, temperature is about 65-70, far from its limit (100 C). It seems Squad is not a challenge for an i7-7700.

But the game eats the 1070 for breakfast, VGA runs near 100 %, temp is about 70 C,  (throttling limit is about 83 C)

I have tested my config with 3DMark 11 (19200 points, it is normal) and with other games: GTAV, Battlefield 4 Multi, IL-2 Sturmovik BOM Multi, all run with stabile 60 fps, no drops.

I red the following in the post of the latest update: "Please always reset your appdata in the game settings on every new build!"

I cannot find "reset" button in the game settings. Should I clean a folder or something?

And:

How can I clean my client information?

And I will try this older driver tomorrow. I hope these will help me.

Does deaktivating Supersampling from 1.25 to 1.00 increase Performance?

23 hours ago, moppel said:

1.) he got the non K version wich is lower clocked an should reach around 3.8 GHz allcore,

2.)even OCed 7700K`s drop under 60FPS depending on Map playercount and action

So his FPS are in a normal range , 60 FPS is proberbly his max due to Vsync.

My bad, i failed to notice the difference. True, if he got vsync on if may explain the fps.

15 hours ago, Levi said:

Here is the screenshot from the 3DMark 11 result, and you can see my CPU's ang VGA's datas.

2534780-20170504-byrEzo.jpg

Could you click on the interrogation mark in gpuZ (right side, next to PCIe 16x 3. @x16 1.1) then clic on "start render test"? The value "@x16 1.1" should change for something else, could you tell me what it is?

The rest of the value reported looks fine for me. Gpu at 70c° is normal in gaming, i usually get around 40-80% of gpu utilization depending of the map / player count / action... and supersampling at x2 get me 50fps in the shooting range (and performances are far better here than in a normal game).

17 hours ago, moppel said:

Does deaktivating Supersampling from 1.25 to 1.00 increase Performance?

Yes, it does.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

Yes, it does.

Only if your GPU is running on 100% usage which i seriously doubt. a 1070 should be able to run 1.5ss on 1080p without a trouble.

Only vehicle zoom or binos makes my GPU usage 100% with 1.5ss.

Also which 3D mark test did you run? Firestrike?

Edited by Shields

lol this question was directed towards the Thread opener xD

16 hours ago, Ouiche said:

My bad, i failed to notice the difference. True, if he got vsync on if may explain the fps.

Could you click on the interrogation mark in gpuZ (right side, next to PCIe 16x 3. @x16 1.1) then clic on "start render test"? The value "@x16 1.1" should change for something else, could you tell me what it is?

The rest of the value reported looks fine for me. Gpu at 70c° is normal in gaming, i usually get around 40-80% of gpu utilization depending of the map / player count / action... and supersampling at x2 get me 50fps in the shooting range (and performances are far better here than in a normal game).

2535725-20170505-8xxvrZ.jpg

When ss off the FPS is higher.

On 2017-5-3 at 6:29 AM, Levi said:

Hi!

My present config is:

Gigabyte B250-HD3P mobo

Intel i7-7700

2x8 GB Kingston HyperX FuryBlack 2400 MHZ

Gigabyte GTX1070 Windforce OC (8GB)+ForceWare 381.89

Dell 23" 1080p

Graphic settings: all epic, all switch is on, the super sampling is off

In 70/70 server the game runs with 30-60 fps, is depend on the situation. If I set super sampling 2, it will run with 20-30 fps.

I monitor the PC's performance with Aida64 and GPU-Z. When I playing the CPU load is about 50-60 % the VGA near 100%. (GPU-VRAM frequency 90-100%, VRAM 7 GB)

Is it normal?

I think is too weak. It ran only a bit worst on my former config (i5-3570+R9-290+2x4 GB RAM).

What is your experience?

I have another issue: When I join to a server after a couple minutes the screen freeze for 10-20 secs, then it runs fluently. What is it? On my former config wasn't make it.

You have a nice system and should be able to run 60fps on all maps, at nearly all times.

So, turn shadows to medium, view distance to high (tournament settings) and everything else off or low.

Have v-synch off to see what the system can really do.

Then adjust resolution scale up to improve the games graphical quality, whilst maintaining the FPS you desire.

Of course if you have FPS to spare then go ahead and tweak further, but I like to keep it real simple with max FPS.

Posted (edited)

I have moved squad folder to a SSD M.2 drive, deleted all Nvidia sofwares and the newest VGA driver, the win 10 uses now 381.89 driver. The game runs with stabile 60 FPS in all maps, on 78/78 servers. All is epic and on super sampling 1.25. (If I raise to 1.5,  FPS will lower 45-50.) It is acceptable performance I think.

Edited by Levi