garack

Minus 10 FPS in 9.4

Full 68 Player Server Al bashra 57 FPS minimum with 9.3

Now 47 FPS minimum with 9.4 on the same server. (same specs, settings, clearead cache, cpu limit)

CPU Limit with 4790k@4.5 according to Stat unit. The new toys are no good for the CPU :(

Edited by garack

41 minutes ago, garack said:

Now 47 FPS minimum with 9.4 on the same server. (same specs, settings, clearead cache, cpu limit)

CPU Limit with 4790k@4.5 according to Stat unit. The new toys are no good for the CPU :(

Have you tried clearing your game's setting cache?

4 hours ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

Have you tried clearing your game's setting cache?

clearead cache i wrote already

I'm g-synced to 60 fps at 4k it never dropped once tonight 

You mean vsynced, Gsync does not cap. So you play Al Bashra on a full 68 Players server or higher and get ( not at the start of a agame) 60 FPS`? If so then what CPUyou have ? if you mean just some random map with random players-well be specific.

Also i get like this or that fps doesnt help, what map, how many players and what cpu, that would be interesting.

Edited by garack

Yep, i have less 10 FPS too, already cleared cache, disabled steam overlay... and its the same...

Edited by Lio

15 hours ago, garack said:

Did you check your GFX settings? They were reset after the patch and I think the best anti-aliasing is on by default.

Yeah I'm getting horrible FPS on an Intel i5-4590 and GTX 1070 with this patch. I understand my CPU is old but it tanked with this new patch.  ¬¬

37 minutes ago, Crowmium said:

Did you check your GFX settings? They were reset after the patch and I think the best anti-aliasing is on by default.

I wrote that i am in cpu Limit.

i got caught out by the settings defaulting to epic. My poor little pc was not coping. I got shot a lot.

Settings doesnt matter, my 980Ti is sleeping when i play squad :)

(well only CPU demanding can be Shadows, or draw distance , perhaps audio, in my case its not)

Problem is :

Squad is very CPU heavy. With bigger Maps and more Objects (AL Bashra) lots of players it is of course CPU Heavy. Draw Calls, Blueprints, Animations, Collisions..

Now with 9.4 we get more Details (Audio in AL Bashra), More to calculate for the CPu ( Mortars, Up to 24 Mines, IED`s) then the new penetration System, Rocket System..All that eats (may eat) CPU Time on the Client Machine. My Favorite Server was a 68 Player Server. I could run at almost 60 FPS in Al Bashra in every Situation. Now Minus 10 FPS.

I know optimizations are coming and must come ( 100 Players is still on the Road, and we dont want most Players without High End CPU on 30 FPS), Player Culling is not in yet, Animation Blueprints cost to much CPU Time.

I want to report that , perhaps some Stuff from 9.4 can get optimized..

(4790k at 4.5 Ghz ,16 GB RAM@2400 , 980Ti, 1440p Gsync)

Edited by garack

Apparently I'm in that weird spot where I don't get higher or lower FPS for each patch. Just consistent 35-40 FPS :P

6 hours ago, Lio said:

I can't aim with 35 FPS x(

Its a new Feature to even out Skill gap, so noob players with no aim like me can get kills to :D

I have gtx 980 and for me it runs better then ever before. I dont know how many fps I have, never looked on it but it runs much muuch better :) Love this upgrade :-*

6 hours ago, ScoRch. said:

I have gtx 980 and for me it runs better then ever before. I dont know how many fps I have, never looked on it but it runs much muuch better :) Love this upgrade :-*

Nice Placebo :) With a 980 youre still in CPU Limit in most maps with more players (Unless youre downsampling or on UHD) , and nothing changed within the GPU Performance..

Edited by garack

6 hours ago, garack said:

Nice Placebo :) With a 980 youre still in CPU Limit in most maps with more players (Unless youre downsampling or on UHD) , and nothing changed within the GPU Performance..

So if I see its running better u call it placebo? Whatever :)    ...but did devs change Aks recoil? Its so hard to hit someone at longer distance. M4 can hit me easily but me with AKM or other AK cant hit shit.

Edited by ScoRch.