Sign in to follow this  
TAR4C

Hi there.

I figured I make my own post just so I am listed here :P I know...so selfish.

Hi there. I'm Viper...yes I know it's no special name lol. I have this name because ever since I played Battlefield 1942 back in the days I was going by the name Viper255.

Project Reality was in 0.6 when I discovered the mod for BF2 and it turned out to be just the thing I was searching for in modern shooters. It provided me with the stuff I always dreamed about when looking at Battlefield 2. Vehicles and Infantry working together ... epic scenarios and moments that no other game could deliver. And with PR, Battlefield was finally the game I wished for when I browsed my computer gaming magazines and read about BF2.

I tried to play Arma II but UI and Engine were not my cup of tea and I realized that I wasn't searching for an all out Simulator.

So I hopped on, playing PR ever since..made some breaks of course. I played 0.6, 0.7, 0.9...  and 1.0.... of course the newest patches too, and I always wondered why this great game had such little recognition by press and industry...because PR filled a very special gap between Arcadeshooting (Battlefield) and Simulator (Arma) that no other game achieved...not even the great Red Orchestra 2 (at least when it comes to teamplay).

When I heard about this project. Squad. I realized how much potential this thing has. PR was never a commercial product and there was still no game that managed to pull off PRs Gameplay. I think that Squad and the devs can build something very special and great here if done right. The ultimate goal is to get people playing, because once they play, and experience this great community, the great gameplay and the fantastic teamwork mechanics that this game has to offer, they will dig deeper into it.

I am very confident, that Squad can be a major player in the future Tactical FPS market and that's why I decided to back this game with all I got. I was telling people, answering questions in streams and comments...and I was enjoying alls the newbies that got onto PR once it hit Standalone...a huge success for the PR team and a sign of interest for the Squad team.

Finally I decided to do something what I've never done. I backed the game in kickstarter. And not only Early Access or Full Price. I am feeling so confidend about this project, and I like the people working on it, that  I bought into commander pack. That's something I've never done. Paying more than necessary for a product. Supporting the birth of a game. I wanted to see this baby grow from the start. I wanted to participate and I can't wait for the Commander access to be given out. I want to meet the people who helped this project on my side and I want to have a good time playing a game we all wished for.

I want to see this game being a success so badly. Please help me with it.

-Sgt.Viper 

PS: In PR I was using the name "Viper" since the new account system.

I want to see this game being a success so badly. Please help me with it.

I do too. So so badly. It burns. It's like a painful yearning to see Squad succeed, it's just simply done everything right so far, in my eyes, as a gamer that's been wanting so much more from my multiplayer shooter experiences.

Just like me. I found an FPS of my dream and made the pledge. Something absolutely new for me. Couldn't resist. Welcome to the forums!

I do too. So so badly. It burns. It's like a painful yearning to see Squad succeed, it's just simply done everything right so far, in my eyes, as a gamer that's been wanting so much more from my multiplayer shooter experiences.

Yep!

What will define Squad being a success or not? Just curious. I'd like to see the game get huge.

Welcome Sgt.Viper.

What will define Squad being a success or not? Just curious. I'd like to see the game get huge.

Welcome Sgt.Viper.

i couldnt answer that question yet, i havent even considered the possibility of Squad stopping its march to greatness honestly.

Welcome Sgt.Viper.

Well for me I just want Squad to be a respected franchise. Something people can clearly see is working out as intended with a healthy player base. Stopping comparisons to Arma and  Battlefield is part of that. I want Squad to be it's own type of game and I want that gamers out there know that. The establishment of a brand...a little bit like Insurgency did, maybe even more? That's "success" for me in this project.

Stopping comparisons to Arma and  Battlefield is part of that. I want Squad to be it's own type of game and I want that gamers out there know that. The establishment of a brand...a little bit like Insurgency did, maybe even more? That's "success" for me in this project.

You'll have that once the game actually launches. Right now it's being compared to closest thing because Squad isn't a household name. Once it drops on Steam, I imagine people will definitely be calling it by name.

You'll have that once the game actually launches. Right now it's being compared to closest thing because Squad isn't a household name. Once it drops on Steam, I imagine people will definitely be calling it by name.

I know, I can't wait for this day. I want all these mainstream gamers to finally see how great the PR formula is :D

Well for me I just want Squad to be a respected franchise. Something people can clearly see is working out as intended with a healthy player base. Stopping comparisons to Arma and  Battlefield is part of that. I want Squad to be it's own type of game and I want that gamers out there know that. The establishment of a brand...a little bit like Insurgency did, maybe even more? That's "success" for me in this project.

Well put. As Soulvaki said, having the game further along in development and time in general will help with this. Then it will be less of a migration of PR/Arma players but an established, loyal player base of its own.