JPEL2058

Soldier career

little tabasco goes a long way.    funny when some follks cant fathom how or what to do with a bare rifle.   " its brokded sarge, aint no lookin scope." lol  how did our fathers and grandfathers make through wars.

Edited by chaz69

Just Because ranking gives bonuses, it doesn't automatically mean they have to be some superior perks against those without them.

Like said earlier, The RO2 handles this very well.

For example you get slight reloading speed boost, more worn gun skin (scratches etc.) slightly better stamina etc.

They are just few % better than those without, but it gives you feeling that you have accomplished something in the game.

Sure RO2 also offers bayonets, better mags etc. but those doesn't fit Squad.

Edited by Maamyyra

19 minutes ago, Maamyyra said:

Just Because ranking gives bonuses, it doesn't automatically mean they have to be some superior perks against those without them.

For example you get slight reloading speed boost, more worn gun skin (scratches etc.) slitglty better stamina etc.

They are just few % better than those without, but it gives you feeling that you have accomplished something in the game.

Self defeating argument. Better is better no matter how small a %. Otherwise what is the point other than some ego massaging.

Id like to have just ranks and insignia on uniform for kit you have (only) it dont mean nothing else.  If you play SL you could be a Sgt...if your a commander you could be a Captain or Lt. And so on...you could have a secondary rank that just means how many hours you have playing that rank.  No perks, bonuses, extras, just that.  :)

On 2017-05-02 at 1:19 AM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Welcome to the familia...

Sorry mate but i totally disagree with you,the main reason most folk's love Squad is because we haven't got all those stupid gimmicks like Powerups/Unlocks/rocketpacks etc etc like the rest of this bollox titles BF/COD /..

In Squad we're all equal,only skill and working as a team Wins the day.

Yeah. Unlocks suck. Feels just like a commercial gimmick somehow. Also you wouldn't be evaluated to your true skill.

On 07/05/2017 at 11:03 PM, XRobinson said:

Id like to have just ranks and insignia on uniform for kit you have (only) it dont mean nothing else.  If you play SL you could be a Sgt...if your a commander you could be a Captain or Lt. And so on...you could have a secondary rank that just means how many hours you have playing that rank.  No perks, bonuses, extras, just that.  :)

I asked for several mandatory tutoriels in the final game, tell me what you think.

- Basic training : required to launch a game.

- Specialized training : required to pick a special kit (like you'd have to complete the sniper training to pick a sniper kit).

- Squad leader training : obvious.

- Commander training : if there's a commander in the final game.

Each of these tutoriels would take 5 to 10 minutes only but they would not only help players a lot, but also make sure newbies won't f*** up a game.

On 05/13/2017 at 4:03 PM, WorstNoobEVER said:

I asked for several mandatory tutoriels in the final game, tell me what you think.

- Specialized training : required to pick a special kit (like you'd have to complete the sniper training to pick a sniper kit).

Each of these tutoriels would take 5 to 10 minutes only but they would not only help players a lot, but also make sure newbies won't f*** up a game.

Playing the game is your training, you learn on the job, you hopefully play with experienced vets if your a private just starting and move yourself up by getting experience on the job in a balanced squad of vets and rookies.  If you do not get in an experienced group starting out, try to do your best and find one next time, if they let you in.  That's just my opinion, things can change.

On 14/05/2017 at 9:03 AM, WorstNoobEVER said:

I think, No.

QUOTE from Me, ages ago in another thread about "training" stuffs:

""

> if there is Compulsory Training in this game, you will alienate some of the potential player base before even seeing if they are any good at the game.

> just like in RL, you have to pass a licence test to drive publically, but look how many F#*%wits drive like morons and kill themselves and others -there is nothing to stop a person going though training and then playing like a tool.

> if you think that a Gold Star (or Elephant-Stamp) will give you confidence in pilots/drivers . . . well, good luck with that, lol!

""

what X' said:

On 16/05/2017 at 0:48 PM, XRobinson said:

Playing the game is your training, you learn on the job

Edited by LaughingJack

I guess you must be right...

But i still feel this game needs a tutorial.

You're talking about troll or individual players but i was talking about newbies who try their best, it would be good for them, and also for vets who missed something.

I still learn new mechanics with 200h of gameplay.