Lurifax

Excluded from teamplay

So, I have been playing for 3 hours today and sad to say, I have not once experienced teamplay in any way. I have joined several squads but 90% of them would be named "CLAN NAME ONLY" and would be on teamspeak. When asking for orders using the ingame comms I was either met with total silence or in a couple of situations by rude remarks.

I did get in a single squad that wasn't for elitist players and that was the normal chaos that I have had so many times before :-)

I do feel that it is getting harder and harder to find a squad to play with and it is definately not making it easier when most of the server is for elite superhumans only.

Going to take a while before I dare launch the game again. As if waiting in queue for 15 minutes wasn't bad enough, the attitude of those players just made tonight a horrible gaming experience.

Lets hope this isnt going to spread. This will turn away ALOT of new players. 

Well, of all the games that I have joined there was always a squad around that communicated well and worked together. However, you have to join quickly in order to become a part of it since they get full fast. As a matter of fact, mostly the squad with a clan prefix were communicating way better than the non-clan teamwork squads. I have never encountered clansquads that did not communicate at all with non-clan members. Maybe you just encountered dicks.

And if you don't have an SSD you are more often between the leftovers and the more yolo squads. I know it can be annoying at times, especially if you have ample time and you just want to enjoy 2 or 3 hours of squad play. Maybe what bullet says is a good option for you, I might have to look into that as well. Anyway, sometimes I just like it to lead some leftovers into battle, most of the time people stick together into the next match so you have a couple of guys around you who actually work together with you. Maybe you can try it out as well, just see if you can bend it to your will. 

I just don't understand posts like these. I simply can't believe that in 3 hours you couldn't find one squad that was communicating. I have to try pretty hard to find a squad that is NOT communicating. Heck, I just came from two pretty solid games.

That being said, there is definitely an air of elitism floating around, but what can you do.

27 minutes ago, IronComatose said:

I just don't understand posts like these. I simply can't believe that in 3 hours you couldn't find one squad that was communicating. I have to try pretty hard to find a squad that is NOT communicating. Heck, I just came from two pretty solid games.

That being said, there is definitely an air of elitism floating around, but what can you do.

Well I am certainly not making it up, what would be the point? I'm way to old to exaggerate on the internet for fake points and I am happy for you that you do not have this issue. 

There definately is always someone who will refuse to believe whatever you say, but what can you do.

54 minutes ago, Peerun said:

Make a squad!

Some of the servers had full squads so all I could do was join the superhumans or be a lone man squad. :-)

Just got out of a really awesome game with QFF clan who was kind enough to take me along for the ride. Totally worth the dicks. Err.. Idiots.

Edited by Lurifax

1 hour ago, _randombullet said:

First and foremost, welcome. May i suggest you check out http://forums.joinsquad.com/forum/22-teams-clans/

You can find some like minded people that surely will welcome you into their team. Add me if you would like. Im not scared to teach new players what ive leaned so far. 

Steam  

http://steamcommunity.com/id/_Bobcat/

I'm looking to join a clan as I write this, thank you for your suggestion. :-)

1 minute ago, Peerun said:

Theres no limit on squads.

I know, but there is a limit on player count on the server, and I had to dynamic duo it with some other dude before I logged off.

Edited by Lurifax

1 hour ago, BaldadigeAnton said:

Well, of all the games that I have joined there was always a squad around that communicated well and worked together. However, you have to join quickly in order to become a part of it since they get full fast. As a matter of fact, mostly the squad with a clan prefix were communicating way better than the non-clan teamwork squads. I have never encountered clansquads that did not communicate at all with non-clan members. Maybe you just encountered dicks.

And if you don't have an SSD you are more often between the leftovers and the more yolo squads. I know it can be annoying at times, especially if you have ample time and you just want to enjoy 2 or 3 hours of squad play. Maybe what bullet says is a good option for you, I might have to look into that as well. Anyway, sometimes I just like it to lead some leftovers into battle, most of the time people stick together into the next match so you have a couple of guys around you who actually work together with you. Maybe you can try it out as well, just see if you can bend it to your will. 

Thank you for your suggestions. I have an M.2 drive so I do join very fast. I just guess I had a really unfortunate streak of bad luck tonight. It felt a bit overwhelming as I was unsuccesfull in getting that "teamplay experience" unique to squad. That being said, I did join the game while it was underway, so that might have contributed to the filled squads. 

It will most likely improve when I join a clan. :-)

Join different servers. I've only once seen a squad that limits members to clan only in my entire 250 hours or so of playing Squad. My guess is some servers have a lot of that kind of stuff and others frown upon it and the admins might even intervene.

You are always welcome to play in my squad, I usually name my squad "Socrates Learn Here" (Haha simple name to welcome the new people)

I guarantee that you'll get one of the most unique experiences you'll ever experience playing in my squad.

I tend to play with strangers and new comers all the time. Fun stuff.

Send me a PM if you're interested to get in touch. (I have a discord channel if you would like to join.)

- Trust me, you haven't seen bad yet. As a squad leader, I've been through terrible verbal abuse from other squad leaders. (Some are in clans too that I have video of lol).

Edited by Socrates

I am renting a new server to teach new players how to play and use basic or advanced tactics. No clan needed to join, just hang out. I am having logistical problems with the server config but the tech support at Multiplay has been very efficient and helpful.

For the most part it is just hard to get into the games that are 80/80.  But I just look for high ping servers at 300+ with 60 or 70 or less.

Most servers will welcome you, but there are some with an attitude.  A few days ago, I had a server admin tell me get on mic and answer up, or leave the server when asked questions.   I told him the vehicle noise and firing was so loud I could not hear him, but was ready for orders.  He was cool after that.

But a few servers do not communicate or coordinate well.... it is basically new players not really knowing how to play, leading other new players. On those I take charge as best as I can. 

23 hours ago, Lurifax said:

So, I have been playing for 3 hours today and sad to say, I have not once experienced teamplay in any way. I have joined several squads but 90% of them would be named "CLAN NAME ONLY" and would be on teamspeak. When asking for orders using the ingame comms I was either met with total silence or in a couple of situations by rude remarks.

I did get in a single squad that wasn't for elitist players and that was the normal chaos that I have had so many times before :-)

I do feel that it is getting harder and harder to find a squad to play with and it is definately not making it easier when most of the server is for elite superhumans only.

Going to take a while before I dare launch the game again. As if waiting in queue for 15 minutes wasn't bad enough, the attitude of those players just made tonight a horrible gaming experience.

Lets hope this isnt going to spread. This will turn away ALOT of new players. 

In my 1300 hours I've never played a single game where I didn't learn something new about the game. I like the slow suspenseful parts of the game and all the preparation that pays off with the surprise and complete wreckage of an enemy squad. Maybe you should adapt to the game and it's players. I'm typically running a squad every evening on 2FJG called "Dirty Tricks Inc." with no micromanagement and people always have fun fragging so join me. 

You could start by not joining a squad called *clan name* only. I generally don't make those squads but if the name of the squad specifically excludes you, and you join anyway, you've already demonstrated a total inability to follow basic instructions. Not a good look.

If the server is full of such squads and there are NO open squads (which from my experience is EXCEEDINGLY rare in the NA scene), then join a different server. I'd suggest you make a squad but since you need this much handholding to problem solve a very basic conundrum the rest of the team is probably better off if you don't. 

On 1.5.2017 at 10:05 PM, Lurifax said:

Be happy that there IS a que now.

6 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

There is blenty of server's out there & people who wanna play the game like it should do.Just go out there and find them you won't be dissapointed. 

Yeah I know man. I've found a cool bunch who I play with so it's all good. :-) 

As I said, that one night was just terrible, havn't had it since. :-)

Did one of my posts get removed?

Edit: Why did my reply to him get removed?

Edited by Lurifax

On 5/1/2017 at 9:05 PM, Lurifax said:

i wish it was like that, i had a completely opposite experience