Quacken

9.4 Thoughts?

So yesterdays twitch stream with lots of leeeks and no one have made a forum post yet?

This looks very interesting, especially the mortars <3

- Mine
- Mortar

- MATV/MRAP ?
- IED

https://clips.twitch.tv/UgliestSpoopyShingleKippa
https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingFilthyPartridgeKappaRoss

Thoughts on this patch?

Edited by Quacken

Bigger bit was supposed to be out in days, said on the NHS broadcast. :)

lmao that reaction tho' barely could keep my lips togheter from coffee pouring out of my mouth...
Wel that's exciting news, might hop back in game after some weeks (y) 

I just hope that these explosives won't be unlimited supplied like rpg's cuz that would make vehicles irrelevant all around. 

20 hours ago, -MG said:

I just hope that these explosives won't be unlimited supplied like rpg's cuz that would make vehicles irrelevant all around. 

I remember in Project Reality ammo crates and stuff could be used up. So if you were constantly rearming you would have to have another truck/helicopter come by and drop more. Squad could probably make this even better and like have each ammo crate have a certain amount of magazines, RPGs, mines, etc. And it would take a lot of work, but imagine having the ammo actually disappear as you used it, each rocket actually being visible and then disappearing as you took it. Once Squad is at the same point that Project Reality is at, we can do so much more with the new engine and really make it perfect.

Has the reduction  cost of logistic vehicles removed the point of destroying them. Better to have the caputured/abandoned  than respawning. 

4 hours ago, Shieldss said:

Lol.... kinda annoyed it ruined Reshade + SweetFX

What's wrong with ReShade? Seems ok here, using 3.0.6.

IEDs are way too weak. Didnt even destroy a logi truck. Probably about less than 1m from the ied.
Maybe a "stackable" ied where you put more ieds the more you dig so it gets a stronger explosion

So far, so good...

Great to see how Squad is getting a PR "feeling" after these new features (Al Basrah, mortars, IED's etcetera)

But I noticed perfomance issues with v9.4; even with a GTX 1060 6GB is hard to play this in a smooth way (or maybe it's just me, who knows)

I can't wait to see helicopters in this game, it would be epic...

On 5/1/2017 at 3:30 AM, Quacken said:

So yesterdays twitch stream with lots of leeeks and no one have made a forum post yet?

This looks very interesting, especially the mortars <3

- Mine
- Mortar

- MATV/MRAP ?
- IED

https://clips.twitch.tv/UgliestSpoopyShingleKippa
https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingFilthyPartridgeKappaRoss

Thoughts on this patch?

Are far as I'm concerned if OWI stopped tomorrow I'd consider this game pretty much finished. I could see a few lighting fixes, additional objects & details added to the rooms in the urban environments and optimization of course but it seems like adding anything else is just going to be icing on the cake.

That said, what I fear is the inclusion of heavy armor and helicopters for Russian's and American's is going to change the overall dynamic balance of the game and would require an equal escalation in the other factions.

13 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

That said, what I fear is the inclusion of heavy armor and helicopters for Russian's and American's is going to change the overall dynamic balance of the game and would require an equal escalation in the other factions.

Hardly. Armor and helicopters and just a step higher in the food chain. Did you hate when Squad wasn't an infanty game anymore?

4 minutes ago, Rybec said:

Hardly. Armor and helicopters and just a step higher in the food chain. Did you hate when Squad wasn't an infanty game anymore?

Nah. At some point the arms race needs to stop. True realism would be the full spectrum of the entire US & Russian military and that would be impossible to put into Squad. 

11 hours ago, Shieldss said:

Lol.... kinda annoyed it ruined Reshade + SweetFX

Agreed with other comments. What's wrong with using ReShade? I know that I disabled mine last night, because my presets are no longer as applicable as they used to be (makes some lighting scenarios too washed out).

Other than that, works fine still.

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

13 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Nah. At some point the arms race needs to stop. True realism would be the full spectrum of the entire US & Russian military and that would be impossible to put into Squad. 

I'm curious if you played Project Reality. There will always be large similarities between the two games.

Armor was an asset to fear in PR, absolutely. It was terrifying when you couldn't even hide hoping it would pass by when it was a tank with FLIR.

Were they invincible? Absolutely not, they could take hits from other tanks, infantry with HAT kits, static defenses like TOW launchers, VBIEDs, land mines.

The biggest threat to armor players was forgetting they weren't invincible. The only threat to fun they might cause is one sitting as far back on a hill that it can be and hit you from a kilometer away no problem.

Helicopters are/would be difficult to stay safe in since we have such easy access to HMGs.

42 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Never say "never" ! :D Also we now need the coax weapons on BTRs, the ability to drive over trees & thin fences, addition of the M2 Bradley and then also ATGMs in Squad! :)

57 minutes ago, Rybec said:

I'm curious if you played Project Reality. There will always be large similarities between the two games.

Armor was an asset to fear in PR, absolutely. It was terrifying when you couldn't even hide hoping it would pass by when it was a tank with FLIR.

Were they invincible? Absolutely not, they could take hits from other tanks, infantry with HAT kits, static defenses like TOW launchers, VBIEDs, land mines.

The biggest threat to armor players was forgetting they weren't invincible. The only threat to fun they might cause is one sitting as far back on a hill that it can be and hit you from a kilometer away no problem.

Helicopters are/would be difficult to stay safe in since we have such easy access to HMGs.

Ok but where does it all stop? When does Squad go from being a small scale skirmish fps with vehicle support to a full spectrum battle simulator?

Somehow it seems that setting anything above Medium graphics preset will diminish FPS by large amounts. With my 970 / 4690k on Al Basrah, full server, mid-round, in the city, I get:

60 fps on Low and Medium preset.
40 on anything higher than Medium.

When I set the Medium preset, and change manually Shadow, VDistance, Foliage to Epic and Effects to Cinematic, I stay at 60ish. 
Also after restarting the game with these settings, same routine InGame, still stays at 60ish.

Is it just me, or does changing the AA manually not effect at all? Like, I set preset Low. Then change to any AA setting, it stays as if it were off.

Otherwise it seems quite good balanced. Daytime here in Europe was of course one big mortar fest :D, my brain was melting.

I really liked the new features, but i can't hide the happiness it makes me feel the lowered volume inside vehicles. I can actually hear my teammates!

4 minutes ago, OssOr said:

I really liked the new features, but i can't hide the happiness it makes me feel the lowered volume inside vehicles. I can actually hear my teammates!

yes this!

4 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Ok but where does it all stop? When does Squad go from being a small scale skirmish fps with vehicle support to a full spectrum battle simulator?

Squad was always meant to be a game of the full spectrum, it's what they are going for. Don't fear it tho, it's all going to be map-dependant and balanced. In PR's Operation Archer map the Canadians have acces to helicopters and APCs. While the Taliban has tunnel systems, lots of hideouts, and a suicidal bomb truck. The two factions play very differently and automatically balance the map out.