Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 9.4

Sundog   

I think it's important to keep in mind that the Dev's have to balance the realism with fun and gameplay. I think variable distance mortars based on the map size would be a welcomed change, for now, but I think we need to not get our panties in a bunch just yet. 

Remember that FOB = forward OPERATING base

Contrary to popular belief in the game, FOB's are supposed to be strategically placed and defendable. I think they are bang on the money with 1.2km range with the mortars. Mortars are a defensive weapon, for the FOB. Keep the bigger picture in mind, this is alpha, more offensive weapons are coming - tanks and hopefully air assets. 

For now the mortars get their hay day, lets adapt and enjoy the amazing changes that were just implemented

I LOVE the update. More sneaky SHhhh for the underdogs. I do wish we could have true VBIEDs though. I LOVE the current version, but a dedicated role/kit with a much larger payload would be amazing. (and an uparmored techie to match)

Or a dedicated key to explode all ordinance on your person. Like a vest, or a panic button.

I dont think outside people or press would care to make the distinction between insta-belts and time delayed IEDs. So why not go all the way?

I think it would be a great addition for A-symmetrical game-play.

Para   

What about A10 bomb runs like this :) it stops the a10 eventually being able to drop it when they want.

Ti0mat   

Was the spawn protection wall disabled intentionally? Because it's a royal pain in the ass finding out that the enemy sneaked into it and planted C4 on a vehicle and just waited for a crew to grab and and drive off.

Edited by Ti0mat

Dundish   

When will the "performance update" come?

I can run (for ex) Battlefield 1 full servers on max settings(resolution setting standard) at 2560x1440p = 70+fps all the time...

SQUAD settings 1920x1080p all settings on low, only "view distance" on epic. 80p servers never over 60fps, always 35-55fps. avg fps 45...

[email protected], 16gb ram, 980Ti.

Edited by Dundish

tatzhit   
33 minutes ago, Ti0mat said:

Was the spawn protection wall disabled intentionally? Because it's a royal pain in the ass finding out that the enemy sneaked into it and planted C4 on a vehicle and just waited for a crew to grab and and drive off.

Honestly if someone sneaked that far, one can only applaud them. They can spend the same amount of time camouflaging 3 mines + 1 IED on the roads leading from your mainbase, with the same result. I agree it's kind of stupid, but unless their team won the game already, they're better off fighting with the team in capzone, rather than spending 10 min on sneaking to blow up a jeep.

Edited by tatzhit

RaTzo   

Mortars are terrifying and beautiful. 

9.4 is a major gameplay update. There are no safe places in Squad any more. 

LookAss   

I can run (for ex) Battlefield 1 full servers on max settings(resolution setting standard) at 2560x1440p = 70+fps all the time...

SQUAD settings 1920x1080p all settings on low, only "view distance" on epic. 80p servers never over 60fps, always 35-55fps. avg fps 45...

There ir something wrong. I have a [email protected] GHz, 12gb ram and a 1080 and I always get 60 fps plus no matter map or player qty. 1080p, all graphics maxed, TXAA and scale 120%.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk

Hadi   

I think that Scott Tobin's new work really deserves to  be mentioned in this announcement, or a new one, or anywhere in the forums.  the second album is brilliant. I might create a topic for it if not.

IF there's one and i'm missing then sorry bout it.

RaTzo   
13 hours ago, Dundish said:

Your 980TI isn't what is holding you back. 

Go into the Game Settings and toggle performance data on. You'll see your CPU is taking longer than your video card to render frames. You've got an impressive overclock going on that 2600K but that CPU is what is holding you back. 

BF1 is much less CPU intensive. The games don't compare well. BF1 is a console game with a PC port. It is very pretty but there is much less required of the CPU while playing it compared to while playing Squad. 

My system is a 4670K at 4.5GHz 16GB of DDR3 at 2,000MHz and a 1070. I'm seldom below 70FPS at 1080P with all effects turned to max except Cinematic. 

15 minutes ago, RaTzo said:

My system is a 4670K at 4.5GHz 16GB of DDR3 at 2,000MHz and a 1070. I'm seldom below 70FPS at 1080P with all effects turned to max except Cinematic. 

You should switch to cinematic as it allows effect to be played at your fps and not limited to 60fps.

15 hours ago, tatzhit said:

Honestly if someone sneaked that far, one can only applaud them. They can spend the same amount of time camouflaging 3 mines + 1 IED on the roads leading from your mainbase, with the same result. I agree it's kind of stupid, but unless their team won the game already, they're better off fighting with the team in capzone, rather than spending 10 min on sneaking to blow up a jeep.

Agree, like real life, this can happen, there should be no spawn base protection in game, if you let the enemy get in your base, its your fault.

16 hours ago, Ti0mat said:

Should be no spawn protection in game i think, if enemy gets into base you aint doing your job, adds suspense to the game.

RaTzo   
2 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

You should switch to cinematic as it allows effect to be played at your fps and not limited to 60fps.

Anders says not to switch unless you're getting over 120FPS as you won't see a difference. When I switch to it the only difference I see is I get FPS in the low 50's. 

Para   

I am getting around 40fps and keep cinematic on at 1440p it just looks beautiful.

Disco   

nvm, just seen the thread about cinematic :)

Edited by Disco

banOkay   
10 minutes ago, Disco said:

what exactly is effect: cinematic doing? Any comment by devs that i missed?

It's in another thread, cinematic simply makes the effects play at higher fps, they're capped to 60 on other settings.

Nikko B   
1 hour ago, WarEagle751 said:

Is the A10 in 9.4? I have been in Cali for 4 days and don't know.

It is not. 

Converge   

Been playing a lot of Player Unknown's Battlegrounds the past week but I can't wait to jump back into Squad and check this new stuff out.