Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 9.4

1 minute ago, koschilein said:

Nope not at all, it is map dependent so there could be 1 MRAP and 2 Hummers for the American side on the same map. (Also both with normal .50cal or the CROW version)

Oh good, silly me didn't spot them on the updated vehicle list, camouflage is working too well.

Disappointed by Al Basrah's new lighting as well.

Why change it? It was good, now it looks unreal...

Why does it look unreal?

When the sun is that near the horizon, the light would have to travel though a lot of scattering particles, making the light hitting the buildings faint reddish instead of bright white.

Agreed albasrah lighting is the only negative about the update. Everything is great. ...oh and also the 50 cal and makarov doesn't sound nearly as good IMG. Too much unreality hollywood "meat" added. 

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

Just got to messing with the new stuff on firing range and it's a lot of fun and a nice surprise. Great stuff as always.

One thing though, please, please, please allow some rough distance ranging with a mouse scroll wheel for mortars. I like the fine distance ranging by moving the mouse forward/backwards but having to re-adjust your range every time you get back on the weapon, as with the rocket truck, makes the mortar clunky & painful to operate.

Lighting on al Bashra.. feels like its lost it Individuality and not feeling like the middle east. 

Some bugs:

1. Lighting on Al Basrah (it really feels as bug since water is looking strange also)

2. no overheat from APC/INF vehicles?

3. Anti aliasing is acting strange again (and by strange i mean not working properly. Whatever option i choose, it still feels jittery. Not like it was in previous version. And yes, i did reset settings ingame)

But great update nevertheless...it's probably gonna be fixed soon. Mortar fire is epic game experience :)

Edited by Disco

I don't see the complaints with the lighting on Basrah. I will say, I needed to turn off my ReShade preset after this update as it originally made Basrah look washed out. It looks fine once ReShade is disabled., and with AA and Sharpening actually working in game, I really have no reason to use ReShade anymore.

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

12 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

this ^   +1

dynamic map scales - awesome!

oh, and all the uther stuffs :D (projectile deflection - ooohhh)

Well I'm going to be playing this today, university is out and I'm still waiting on some paperwork before I can get shipped off for bmq/officer training.

Soooo.. has the 30mm been given it's proper ROF yet, balanced out by a fast time to overheat, forcing you to use it in bursts? (instead of the current low ROF which translates into holding down lmb without anything to worry about.) :)

Frankly,I don't like A10 fly by's ... This remind me on COD game...

Organic game is SQUAD,right?

Let the player give some heli or in the future jet support on the leaders or commander markers.

Just my suggestion .

Just now, Dr.Quick said:

Frankly,I don't like A10 fly by's ... This remind me on COD game...

Organic game is SQUAD,right?

Let the player give some heli or in the future jet support on the leaders or commander markers.

Just my suggestion .

I think you are right, there should be communication between CAS and infantry. Klick and kill is to easy and boring.

12 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

Just got to messing with the new stuff on firing range and it's a lot of fun and a nice surprise. Great stuff as always.

One thing though, please, please, please allow some rough distance ranging with a mouse scroll wheel for mortars. I like the fine distance ranging by moving the mouse forward/backwards but having to re-adjust your range every time you get back on the weapon, as with the rocket truck, makes the mortar clunky & painful to operate.

This!

No need for adjust range every time

On 2017-05-01 at 7:59 PM, Engagedrook8 said:

Honestly not a fan of the vehicle health bar, unrealistically low range for mortars (according to a quick google search so please correct me if I'm wrong), other than that, great work.

I can defend both of those points. The vehicle health bar, is an improvement over no indicators whatsover. While I would definitely want more dynamic vehicle damage indicators, an operator should get some feedback on whether his vehicle is about to be destroyed. Whether its the ammo storage or gas tank that's been punctured, various systems failures and other things that would be occurring under enemy fire, you could at least guess what kind of damage you've sustained, and whether or not youre about to explode. Before the vehicle HP bar, you could be driving the vehicle around at 2% health, and it was working as if it were at 100%, and then a couple bullets and it explodes in a ball of fire. That makes even less sense than having a plain old HP bar.

In the future I imagine there will be various systems failures (engine, turret, tracks/wheels, gun, optics), and maybe certain types of audio or visual queues that would indicate the ammo/fuel is on fire and you're about to blow up that can take the place of an HP bar, but for now its a good place holder

Also in regards to mortars have an unrealistically short range. You're right about this, but it's necessary. The thing is that if the m252 had its real range, it would be able to reach every point on the 4KM maps. While I don't think that mortars close to main are a huge deal, they would have an unrealistic advantage that a real mortar wouldnt, and that's no supply line. On the smaller maps, it's fine that mortars can be relatively close to base, because to find the enemy's you don't have to go that far out of the way. But on the largest maps, forcing people to drive all the way to the enemy's base to take of their mortars feels like kind of awful game design. The main base is of course, a completely unrealistic feature of the game, but a necessary one. The enemy can't go in it, and the mortar crew could just continually spawn there and reset their mortars. The opponent would have to camp outside their base for the entire match which would be both stupid and boring. The mortars having a short range is because the devs have to design around the main base mechanic.

I will say though, their range should be extended in the future. It's a bit too short for the 4k maps and much too short for the 6k I think. When there's air vehicles in the game, pulling recon and attacking enemy mortar crews that are quite deep behind enemy lines will be a lot more plausible, thus balancing a longer range mortar well.

Edited by 40mmrain

9 hours ago, Frinz said:

I think you are right, there should be communication between CAS and infantry. Klick and kill is to easy and boring.

Maybe they can add the radio operator who have to stay near the squad leader to call air/artillery support.

Or put some trigger that work together with smoke grenade (red one)

Like this?

-Grenadier marks target with red smoke

->marker appears on map

-(squad lead/)radio operator  calls air-support on marker

-(commander/)squad lead has to approve

But i would still prefer player controlled aircraft, maybe we have to wait for mods

Edited by Frinz

19 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

+1

3 hours ago, Frinz said:

Like this?

-Grenadier marks target with red smoke

->marker appears on map

-(squad lead/)radio operator  calls air-support on marker

-(commander/)squad lead has to approve

But i would still prefer player controlled aircraft, maybe we have to wait for mods

smoke marker would be good addition.. watched a few US vids online and they mark with smoke first...I guess as a sight range maybe?  smoke as a whole would be good

8 hours ago, 40mmrain said:

I can defend both of those points. The vehicle health bar, is an improvement over no indicators whatsover. While I would definitely want more dynamic vehicle damage indicators, an operator should get some feedback on whether his vehicle is about to be destroyed. Whether its the ammo storage or gas tank that's been punctured, various systems failures and other things that would be occurring under enemy fire, you could at least guess what kind of damage you've sustained, and whether or not youre about to explode. Before the vehicle HP bar, you could be driving the vehicle around at 2% health, and it was working as if it were at 100%, and then a couple bullets and it explodes in a ball of fire. That makes even less sense than having a plain old HP bar.

In the future I imagine there will be various systems failures (engine, turret, tracks/wheels, gun, optics), and maybe certain types of audio or visual queues that would indicate the ammo/fuel is on fire and you're about to blow up that can take the place of an HP bar, but for now its a good place holder

Also in regards to mortars have an unrealistically short range. You're right about this, but it's necessary. The thing is that if the m252 had its real range, it would be able to reach every point on the 4KM maps. While I don't think that mortars close to main are a huge deal, they would have an unrealistic advantage that a real mortar wouldnt, and that's no supply line. On the smaller maps, it's fine that mortars can be relatively close to base, because to find the enemy's you don't have to go that far out of the way. But on the largest maps, forcing people to drive all the way to the enemy's base to take of their mortars feels like kind of awful game design. The main base is of course, a completely unrealistic feature of the game, but a necessary one. The enemy can't go in it, and the mortar crew could just continually spawn there and reset their mortars. The opponent would have to camp outside their base for the entire match which would be both stupid and boring. The mortars having a short range is because the devs have to design around the main base mechanic.

I will say though, their range should be extended in the future. It's a bit too short for the 4k maps and much too short for the 6k I think. When there's air vehicles in the game, pulling recon and attacking enemy mortar crews that are quite deep behind enemy lines will be a lot more plausible, thus balancing a longer range mortar well.

I agree that there needs to be some visual and audio indication of health, a health bar is a bad way to go about doing it even as a placeholder.

for the mortars, I agree that a slight reduction in range is necessary due to map size, but only down to like 2000m not 1000m. As for putting them in main, that can be fixed by making it so that you can't put a fob or any kind of emplacements in Or in the immediate area of main