Sign in to follow this  
Bobyblue21

We need new gun sounds

Hey guys devs people forumers i was just curios about the gun sounds i really think some gun sound need more realistick work really the M4,pistols,and marksman rifles mainly and add more realistick gun echo noises explosions etc... i Feel like i am playing airsoft with that thing ahahahah Example hear is a Makarove insurgent pistol SVD and mp Thank guys.

Can you do a few seconds of research on video game sound engineering before coming here demanding changes? Do you honestly believe that a single microphone integrated to a basic camera that youtube video makers use actually captures all the subtleties and intricacies of real acoustics? Have some humility.

Edited by 40mmrain

The only one I'm not satisfied with is the M4. Everything else has some meat to it and Anders does a damn good job.

Owning a rifle in 5.56 I understand it's a bit of a piddly round compared to most others ingame but surely we can have a little bit better sound for it.

The topic has been discussed quite a fair bit in the past, please make sure to use the search function. You'll be surprised how much things have been discussed in number. Here's some threads for you to indulge in, some include dev replies including from the sound designer himself.

V9 came with some nice sound updates for weapons as well.

Also have a look at this video

Will be locking thread as there is other threads out there discussing the same things.

/Locked