Sign in to follow this  
lawnboy

Instant Kills

I think that the game needs more things to cause instant death. Headshots should kill immediately with no chance for revival, as should heavy machine guns. Incapacitated players should continue taking damage until dead. You should be able to finish off incapacitated enemies.

Just now, lawnboy said:

I think that the game needs more things to cause instant death. Headshots should kill immediately with no chance for revival, as should heavy machine guns. Incapacitated players should continue taking damage until dead. You should be able to finish off incapacitated enemies.

As much as it may have me crucified for blasphemy, I actually think some of the more recent Battlefields got some things right in this regard. No ability to revive players who have received massive trauma like death from C4 or direct tank shell hits, etc. I think the developers have been pretty firm on their unwillingness to allow us to execute wounded enemies, but I think tweaking when players can be revived would mostly make that a non-issue.

Devs said they've tried headshots being an insta kill (lose ticket, no revive possible) and it simply wasn't fun + felt kinda random. It has been suggested many times, it won't happen.

We have several large weapons that insta-kill you already and there will likely be more in the future.

We will not allow "finishing off" incaped players.

1 hour ago, SgtRoss said:

We have several large weapons that insta-kill you already and there will likely be more in the future.

We will not allow "finishing off" incaped players.

Thanks for doing the dirty work by replying to all of these replica questions...

Good thing we've got other people like banOkay to help out

You will learn through experience :) it can be quite distressing :D

anyone making a realism mod? lol would like to know if someone is planning on making something that has people die more often and/or taking away rally points once air transport come around. Because if you just have your squad it feels like when you want to kill an enemy squad the only real way in this game is to actually move on top of their position. And make a game type that does not involve cap zones (then you know where the enemy is). In real life i think the "cap zone" would be key defendable positions in certain towns/villages/city blocks.  Not as realistic as it could be for sure.

Edited by madcat768

WHY dont heavy guns like 50 cals and up  insta kill if its not going tru obstacles

Edited by Bobyblue21

On 4/27/2017 at 8:37 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Please what exactly are they? I understand the 30mm, 20mm, 50 cal. & Rockets for sure can inst-kill you but the sniper rifles on both factions can kill you dead in one headshot can't they right?

Every small arm in the game "kills" you with 1 head shot.  DMR rifles, M4, all AK variants, SKS, G3, PPSH, as well as the handguns all kill with 1 shot to the head.  Being able to get revived after that however is a bit silly.

EDIT - (If you were just talking about a full kill and not just incapacitated, then my bad! Didn't even think about that. )

In any case... I love seeing people in Al Basrah in the multi story buildings come out onto the balconies. If they're high up enough you really only see their head.  I've picked off a bunch of people with 1 steady lined up shot right to the dome.  It's quite fun.  When all you can see is their head, it's so satisfying lining up that single shot and watching them drop with the M4 or AK or anything really :)

Edited by Converge