Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
embecmom

Al Basrah radio exploit

Today noticed squads using an exploit on Al Basrah by placing a radio in the water.  As you are unable to swim it cannot be dug out (unless proximity removes it)....

7 hours ago, embecmom said:

Today noticed squads using an exploit on Al Basrah by placing a radio in the water.  As you are unable to swim it cannot be dug out (unless proximity removes it)....

To my knowledge, proximity to the radio does indeed eventually destroy it, but if you see that happening, definitely report it to the admins so they can figure out who is exploiting like that... it's really bad sportsmanship. 

7 hours ago, embecmom said:

Exploit? There are built in restrictions for FOB placement already in Squad and placing a FOB underwater doesn't appear to be one of them.

A lot of servers disallow FOB placement underwater on Al Basrah, a lot of servers also disallow glitching FOBs into objects etc

My advice, find a server with active admins that enforce these rules.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Exploit? There are built in restrictions for FOB placement already in Squad and placing a FOB underwater doesn't appear to be one of them.

Ehh, it's exploiting the fact that the devs didnt intend to program swimming and restrictions around water yet. Al Basrah was community made to be close to the PR version but new, and they built it with PRs swimming system in mind. If you've noticed, every other map has only knee deep water and that's so they don't need to program swimming and stuff yet.

@ChanceBrahhWhat's the likelihood of getting that water-plane-player-damage to affect fobs as well in the next patch for squad  :) 

It sucks when people don't play the game in a fare way...

Skickat från min ALE-L21 via Tapatalk

Still looking into having a block volume created which would stop this but for now id agree with dubs

1 hour ago, Dubs said:

A lot of servers disallow FOB placement underwater on Al Basrah, a lot of servers also disallow glitching FOBs into objects etc

Aww now I can't tag him nilly willy anymore :( 

10 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

no idea what you are talking about... you cant swim in the water in some sections and you die.. putting a radio in that section is exploiting that fact.. so not clear what point your making .

10 hours ago, Dubs said:

I was putting it up here as an issue with the map as I could not see it reported anywhere during a search on forums, so it can be resolved, as it appears to be a known issue I can highlight it to my clan and others.

4 hours ago, embecmom said:

no idea what you are talking about... you cant swim in the water in some sections and you die.. putting a radio in that section is exploiting that fact.. so not clear what point your making .

But you're making the assumption that the devs weren't already aware of the potential for players to place FOBs along the edge of the water aren't you?

6 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

But you're making the assumption that the devs weren't already aware of the potential for players to place FOBs along the edge of the water aren't you?

Developer ↓↓↓

18 hours ago, ChanceBrahh said:

Still looking into having a block volume created which would stop this but for now id agree with dubs

1 hour ago, Psyrus said:

Developer ↓↓↓

My point exactly. They already realized it would occur and let it go so therefore its not an exploit and is within the scope of gameplay. Players last version were proning in the water and shooting out but couldn't take damage themselves and they fixed that this version. Just like shooting the rocket technical next to the repair station at main in both Kokan and Al Basrah I would reckon its permissible gameplay until somebody complains enough about it and they patch it.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

My point exactly. They already realized it would occur and let it go so therefore its not an exploit and is within the scope of gameplay. Players last version were proning in the water and shooting out but couldn't take damage themselves and they fixed that this version. Just like shooting the rocket technical next to the repair station at main in both Kokan and Al Basrah I would reckon its permissible gameplay until somebody complains enough about it and they patch it.

Ah alright, I understand your reasoning on the situation now. We [people who look at the devs intentions vs purists] will never see eye to eye on this one, so it's probably best to drop the conversation, as neither side will convince the other. 

Edited by Psyrus

12 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Ah alright, I understand your reasoning on the situation now. We [people who look at the devs intentions vs purists] will never see eye to eye on this one, so it's probably best to drop the conversation, as neither side will convince the other. 

No worries bro. What is considered a "purist" though?

Just now, Zylfrax791 said:

No worries bro. What is considered a "purist" though?

I couldn't figure out a phrase or word that worked, so I went with purist as it had the closest meaning to what I meant. Some people (such as yourself, it would seem) take quite a literal approach to what is acceptable in the game, so I used the word purist to mean "people who believe the game can be played exactly as it's presented, without artificial restrictions or rules being added by players or admins". In the closed pre-alpha, the game was obviously very rough, and there were no base protections, so often there would be a few players, sometimes entire squads that would sneak into the enemy's main base and spawn camp people there until the campers were killed. They justified it in a similar way to how you did above:

"If the devs didn't want main-base-camping in the game, they would have implemented a dome-of-death on the main bases"

It's like people who subscribe to the letter of the law rather than the spirit of the law (what is written versus what the law intended to do). Neither is necessarily correct or incorrect, but I guarantee that the two sides will never convince the other to convert to their viewpoint, because it seems to be a fundamental difference in the way people think/perceive things. 

Now that Chance has been promoted it means that he HAS TO make more maps for us :) Khamisiyah please!

On 27/04/2017 at 9:00 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Im not making any assumption about what the devs do and dont do.. your making an assumption that Im making an assumption..Ill make the assumption that you are assuming that the devs have picked up every error in the game.    Given that we continually hear that the game is still in Alpha Ill assume they have not.   Hence I will provide feedback on things in the game that appear like an exploit, error, or where its been intentionally left by the devs and creates problems in gameplay.

If devs were always right they would not have a forum nor wish to have us test maps or release the game into Alpha version...

On 4/30/2017 at 7:43 AM, embecmom said:

Im not making any assumption about what the devs do and dont do.. your making an assumption that Im making an assumption..Ill make the assumption that you are assuming that the devs have picked up every error in the game.    Given that we continually hear that the game is still in Alpha Ill assume they have not.   Hence I will provide feedback on things in the game that appear like an exploit, error, or where its been intentionally left by the devs and creates problems in gameplay.

If devs were always right they would not have a forum nor wish to have us test maps or release the game into Alpha version...

9.4 fixed the deployables in main bases thus negating 2 additional repair stations for the rocket technical however you can still shoot the rockets from main and also still place FOBs in water.