Chuc

Announcement: Experimental 36km2 Map Event

RevolT   

I begged for an increased planning time in public games, but 10 minutes! Holy cow...You can lay out a freaking Barbarossa for this time. I hope this will positively influence the future of public games.

Yeah a strategy session before start with ability to write on maps?  Will writing on maps be available?  How will this 10 minute build time work?  Who is the builders and the director of what gets built and where?

1 hour ago, XRobinson said:

Yeah a strategy session before start with ability to write on maps?  Will writing on maps be available?  How will this 10 minute build time work?  Who is the builders and the director of what gets built and where?

Probably like a normal game, the SL's discretion. I presume you'll still need FOBs / Logistics. 

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

LugNut   

So is Conquest Hardened Vehicle only, or vehicle heavy I guess would be more accurate, or infantry with vehicle support like our other gamemodes? I'm super interested in that and I'm looking forward to watching the Stream later. 

Edited by LugNut

Psyrus   

@DesmoLocke Did going up to 6x6km force much larger tiles, resulting in lower terrain detail? I assume so, but I hope the answer is no. I looked at the screenshots and it reminds me of Al Kufrah from PR back in the day (rolling sand dunes)

Where can one sign up to try this out?  I like the idea of the delay to build a super fob.  Building Super Fobbing is the best part of this game in my opinion

Will these game modes and map be for the weekend only or in full time for the lack of a better term? Looks awesome by the way! :)

Sign-ups are open! https://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=s.signup&urlid=5080f44afac2ba2f94-desmos&useFullSite=true

Please provide your in-game name and your Steam ID 64 to sign up!

Simply copy your Steam profile link and paste it here to look it up! https://steamid.io/lookup

The number of sign-ups is more than the available number of slots, so a lottery will pick members randomly. I'll post the roster Saturday. Good luck!

Disclaimer: Zagros Highlands is a huge map with very little done as far as optimizing it. Lower tier PCs may struggle to perform well. This shouldn't dissuade you from signing up! Just wanted to let you know.

B3LIC   

I think it's great. But I'm the only one who thinks they should put Flush bullets to mark enemy positions. And in the future the night maps with night vision USA. Vs Russia would be epic. Sorry for my google translate

Edited by B3LIC

Really enjoyed the stream boys. I'd like to thank Sgt Ross for taking time to be in the stream and give us all the info and answers. We cannot wait to start playing with the new stuff, it looks awesome. Really looking forward to it.

It should be noted that it doesn't say anywhere in the article that it would be an event you had to sign up for, so those of us that got the info from the Steam page where under the impression, "show up at 2 on Sunday," and planned accordingly.

On 4/26/2017 at 0:09 PM, RevolT said:

I begged for an increased planning time in public games, but 10 minutes! Holy cow...You can lay out a freaking Barbarossa for this time. I hope this will positively influence the future of public games.

And hopefully decide to bring winter gear too