Chuc

Announcement: Experimental 36km2 Map Event

44 posts in this topic
Hi Squaddies!

It's time for another Squad update and special event announcement!

In conjunction with several of our community partners we are excited to announce a special game mode testing event this coming Sunday, April 30th at 2 PM PST.

Our community partners came up with some ideas that we've crafted into two very simple gameplay layers, so on Sunday we're all about stretching the boundaries of everyday Squad play to test an experimental map and game mode!

Desmo's playground - VC_v1 (Vehicle Combat)

desmosplayground_minimap.jpg

zag1.jpg

zag2.jpg

Designed by our very own DesmoLocke, this layer consists of enough vehicles to mount an entire team in extended vehicular warfare. With 50 vehicles, 1000 tickets, and 3 very large control zones, we are certain to get into some wild adventures!

Zagros Highlands - Conquest Hardened

desmosplayground_conquest_minimap.jpg

zag3.jpg

zag4.jpg

Combining ideas from a few of our partners, this game mode will consist of 7 conquest flags occupying hilltops. Each team will be allowed 10 minutes to pre-build bases on their two round start control points, after which a global combat barrier will drop and teams will be free to attack each other.

We're looking forward to hearing what you think of the new game modes, so don't be shy if you've got feedback after it all goes down. Whether you're playing or watching, we hope everyone enjoys the experiments we'll be streaming on Twitch this Sunday, April 30th!

Offworld Out.

6km now that's amazing 

Great!!! Never played CnC in PR so I'm very excited to see this happening. Hope there will be enough seats for everyone...

Mind you, 6km2 is not 6km by 6km...;)

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

But now we DEFINITELY need TOWs and ATGMs in the game!

Posted (edited)

Well, lets just call it "a frigging big map" and be gone with it :D

BTW I too sense a hint at 100 players too, as there will be 50 vehicles per team...

Edited by Zenrique

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Zenrique said:

Well, lets just call it "a frigging big map" and be gone with it :D

BTW I too sense a hint at 100 players too, as there will be 50 vehicles per team...

Indeed, it nice to see something totally new in the gamemode front ..and the map size if it truly is (6 km)^2 and not sqrt(6)!! :D:D

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

Im wondering how this will be balanced? Will the russians get any 30mm cannons? If so that seems pretty overpowering to the us.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, 40mmrain said:

Im wondering how this will be balanced? Will the russians get any 30mm cannons? If so that seems pretty overpowering to the us.

If they are limited in number, it will be fine. Did you see how many Strykers and Humvees were sitting in main there? Good luck destroying 2-3 .50s shooting at you.

Granted, vehicles will need to work together to get it done (Shocking!).

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

Posted (edited)

6km x 6km woot woot.

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

Where is Kashan ;) ? This map yearns for tanks!

Posted (edited)

I cant wait

Edited by [email protected]
i just delete it

Posted (edited)

Great stuff. Tho, as much as the community appears to struggle with math, the more accurate and appealing way to describe the map size would be as 36 sq km. Or, in other words, almost 4 times the playable combat area than the largest squad maps to date. 

Love the size, the experimentation and the involvement of community members in the creation - look forward to it!

cheers,

egg

Edited by eggman

Posted (edited)

I can't wait for this! If all goes well, maybe we'll see something resembling these gamemodes in Squad for everyone! 

The plan (subject to change) is for myself and others including developers, QA members, and other content creators to lead squads. There will be limited spots open for public players. I'll be taking sign-ups Thursday and Friday. Depending on the interest, I may have to do a lottery.

This is a first of it's kind event. We usually rely on clans to fill these sort of things. The thing that appeals to me about Squad is the possibility of public teamplay. I'm a huge advocate of it. We're going to try this, but it only takes one person to screw it up for everyone.

Sign-ups will be open for everyone. Hope you're a follower! 

I'll edit this with the sign-up link soon!

Edit: Sign-ups are open!

https://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=s.signup&urlid=5080f44afac2ba2f94-desmos&useFullSite=true

Edited by DesmoLocke

The vehicle thing is going to be a cluster**** haha.

Hardened mode will probably be awesome. 10 minutes to build also means 10 minutes to strategize. Squad really needs more team cohesion and inter-squad tactics. Hopefully this will inspire people to make a plan and work together.

It will be a good experiment. Hopefully OWI will do more experimenting on this map in the future, too, with new vehicles/aircraft.

Cool experiment..maybe have another one after this one, one everyday!  Get a better experiment sample with multiple tests!  :)