Sign in to follow this  
Ancient ifrit

Changing older cpu

I got an old i5 750 2.66ghz on stock and i can barely play squad. Paired with 8gb ram and r9 270 I got 25-30fps on full server.

I am looking for a new cpu to upgrade and I wanna know if the Intel g4560 will bring me a better performance on games like arma 3 and squad. I think the powerfull single thread will help me on this games.

Just FYI, the i5 750 has basically the same IPC as my i7 920 from 2009. Overclock that bad boy to around 3.6 ghz and you should be able to run 35-40 fps in full servers. On Gorodok with 80 players I can even manage ~40fps average these days. 

3 hours ago, Ancient ifrit said:

Its so hard to find a p55 mobo. It cost as much as new 1151 moons, that's the reason I planning upgrade.

Oh, your current motherboard has no overclocking abilities? (Which motherboard are you using, just out of curiosity?)

1 hour ago, Psyrus said:

Oh, your current motherboard has no overclocking abilities? (Which motherboard are you using, just out of curiosity?)

I buy an dell inspiron a years a go so my mobo is a dell one. I dont think its possible to make overclock.

I buy an dell inspiron a years a go so my mobo is a dell one. I dont think its possible to make overclock.

Yeah you're right, that's bad luck! You might be able to find a cheap second hand motherboard, but of course there are risks with extended use of such old components (capacitor leaks or degradation etc)

19 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Yeah you're right, that's bad luck! You might be able to find a cheap second hand motherboard, but of course there are risks with extended use of such old components (capacitor leaks or degradation etc)

Yeah

I just wanna spend my money on smarter rig. I cant afford much but celeron could marry well with my r9 270

Just be aware that the g4560 cannot be overclocked (from what I can see on the net). It will be a step up from your current setup though. 

29 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Just be aware that the g4560 cannot be overclocked (from what I can see on the net). It will be a step up from your current setup though. 

For sure. Should i invest a little more and take i3 or non overclock i5?

1 minute ago, Ancient ifrit said:

For sure. Should i invest a little more and take i3 or non overclock i5?

I can't answer that for you unfortunately. I can tell you what you need to do to decide though:

1. Decide on a conservative budget (quite exact, with maybe ~5% wiggle room)
  2. Look at the options available to you at that price point
  3. Read a lot of benchmarks about the different options you have available. 
  4. Push your budget up 10% and see if there are components that offer >10% performance improvements for that extra cost.
    1. If there are any, decide if that extra 10% outlay is worth it to the performance gain to you. 

At the lower end, sometimes a budget extension can yield some pretty good performance jumps, but it requires research on your part. :) 

25-30 FPS are pretty decent for your Hardware on Full servers. Also while your GPU is okay it would proberbly be the next part in your pc you had to invest in when you buy a Way stronger CPU to benifit from its potential, raising the cost even more.

Personaly i would not change an i7 750 for a pentium g4560 , instead i would wait For Beta 10 and hope for the Devs to solve Single thread bottleneck by revamping animations system. in the meantime you can spare some  money to at get a good bump when upgrading , kinda what psyrus said in his last sentence in other words

In the meantime you could use a Overlay software like afterbruner to check whats currently the limiting factor GPU or CPU or maybe both :-P to get an idea what setting can help you inprove performance on your current hardware.

Thx guys.

I will wait for new animations and stuff for a while.

Btw, I live in Brazil and buy a proper gaming rig is really expensive.

Gonna wait some time and see if ryzen could give me the boost that I want. If not, I'll go for Intel side with strong ipc and single thread.

The lowest i simulated with my 5820K was 2 Cores but with HT so 4 threads, ran good.

Iam not sure if it will run with 2 Cores but you can test this go to bios and deactivate HT and 2 cores of your I7.