FeatherSton3

Would you play a WWII Squad game?

One of my first introductions to the world of more realistic shooters was Forgotten Hope for BF1942. Would love to see something similar with how far the technology has come now. Have to admit I'm a bit sad that mod won't feature more theaters, but if I had to pick one I'd pick the western front.

I'm not paying for it, modding used to be free, but was VERY excited before i heard it costs money

12 minutes ago, MilosV said:

I'm not paying for it, modding used to be free, but was VERY excited before i heard it costs money

Seems a bit unfair, I've played mods that were nothing like the base game and totally removed any desire I had to play the base game anymore. If they put in enough effort and it shows, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to ask a reasonable price. Speaking of, have they announced a price? I can't find anything on their website or google.

..modding used to be free..

Says who? The modder or the consumer?

They put alot of time and work in it and want to be paid for their efforts. Simple as. U can pay and play, or u can say: no and play not and wait for someone, who wants no money. Or u can start to mod on your own. Maybe this will change your POV

Seems a bit unfair, I've played mods that were nothing like the base game and totally removed any desire I had to play the base game anymore. If they put in enough effort and it shows, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to ask a reasonable price. Speaking of, have they announced a price? I can't find anything on their website or google.

The source I heard it from:

8 hours ago, FeatherSton3 said:

if the developers finished the SQUAD game

Key word - if, too early to say about it, the game still in alpha stage after 2 years.

Edited by MustD1e

1 hour ago, Valdr said:

They haven't announced a price point as of yet, but since it's for sure going standalone, which means there will be a cost. If it's 10-15USD and changes the game up enough then I'd pick it up, but if they're going to go for $30-$40 then I'm gonna skip out on it. 

8 hours ago, FeatherSton3 said:

Just what the title asks, if the developers finished the SQUAD game, would you want them to work on a WWII version next?

No more WW2 shooters are needed. I don't care what they work on when they finish Squad just no more WW2.

Just saw/heard about this game for the first time after reading everyone's replies. 

Currently, I know it is in alpha (or pre-alpha), but I have definitely noticed a lot of sounds are similar; hopefully they will fix that. Also, even if it's a mod, I would like it to not seem like it's not SQUAD at all. The minimap is basically the same, including UI, etc. I know this isn't finished, but I hope that stuff changes. 

Post Scriptum looks fantastic!

but personally i'd never play it. WW2, for me anyway, is a tired and done-for theme that dosn't garner my interest.

6 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

Post Scriptum looks fantastic!

but personally i'd never play it. WW2, for me anyway, is a tired and done-for theme that dosn't garner my interest.

I'm with @LaughingJack "Been there,done that,bought the T-shirt" ,I leave it to the young'uns. 

I would certainly pay for a WW2 mod if done to a degree of professionalism to warrant a stand alone. Much like Insurgency to Infamy

Post Scriptum also touches on the campaign of Market Garden which you rarely see so a welcome breather to the whole 'Normandy' scene.

Cant wait for it

Yes...cant wait...kinda like...

Captain Miller: This is all? That’s all that’ve made it?
Sergeant Horvath: We’re scattered pretty bad, sir. There’s bound to be more of us.
Captain Miller: Not enough, this is not enough.
Sergeant Horvath: Dog One, it’s got to be the cut on the right, or is it the one on the left, shit!
Captain Miller: No, no. Vierville is to the west of us, so this is Dog One.

:)

37 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Yes...cant wait...kinda like...

Captain Miller: This is all? That’s all that’ve made it?
Sergeant Horvath: We’re scattered pretty bad, sir. There’s bound to be more of us.
Captain Miller: Not enough, this is not enough.
Sergeant Horvath: Dog One, it’s got to be the cut on the right, or is it the one on the left, shit!
Captain Miller: No, no. Vierville is to the west of us, so this is Dog One.

:)

Nope

-serbavor003: Squad lead theres a MG nest, 330. Throw a smoke first
-IamProud: Nonsense, I cant see anything
-serbavor003: But Squad lead, its an MG43, it will chew through us faster than do...

-IamProud: FIX BAYONETS!!
-Adellons: But its a....

-IamProud: CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGE!!!!!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, MINTY said:

Nope

-serbavor003: But Squad lead, its an MG43, it will chew through us faster than do...

I may or may not have had that same kind of thing happen during PS play tests....lol......

Last thing you want is a mg42 on a tripod looking at you when you cross a field, all I'll say about that ^^

59 minutes ago, MINTY said:

Nope

Yes....

Sergeant Horvath: That’s quite a view.
[Miller takes swig of his water can and looks ahead]
Captain Miller: Yes it is. Quite a view.
[a view of the seashore is shown scattered with dead and mutilated bodies of soldiers]