Sign in to follow this  
hynky

Recommended CPU(AM3+)

Hello guys i have played squad during the free weekend and i really enjoyed game despite my fps was around 25 on low setting all the time at 70 players servers.

So i would like to buy game but before i want to get a new cpu what would you recommend me my budget is 400 dollars(doesnt mean i want to get something super expensive).

My current cpu is amd fx-4100 which is terrile i know.

Motherboard is by gigabite with am3+ socket (i am able to buy new one but would be great if there was good cpu with this socket so wouldnt have to buy new one)

Graphic card is ASUS GTX950-OC-2GD5

RAM = 8GB

So my question is what cpu should i buy since i think the graphic card is decent....... thx for your suggestions :)

Be aware. I have seen lots of topic's saying AMD processors in general have problems in Squad. Before you spend money on a new processor make a search on the forums about AMD.

The Devs even jokes about it due to it being (I believe) an UE4 problem.
ck4i11qodygy.jpg

13 hours ago, hynky said:

Hello guys i have played squad during the free weekend and i really enjoyed game despite my fps was around 25 on low setting all the time at 70 players servers.

So i would like to buy game but before i want to get a new cpu what would you recommend me my budget is 400 dollars(doesnt mean i want to get something super expensive).

My current cpu is amd fx-4100 which is terrile i know.

Motherboard is by gigabite with am3+ socket (i am able to buy new one but would be great if there was good cpu with this socket so wouldnt have to buy new one)

Graphic card is ASUS GTX950-OC-2GD5

RAM = 8GB

So my question is what cpu should i buy since i think the graphic card is decent....... thx for your suggestions :)

The true problem lies in the UE4 Audio Engine, it takes an AMD cpu 12 times longer to process the same bit of info as an Intel. Note, next patch may see an improvement for AMD FX CPUs, since there is a new audio engine, but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

That being said, I get 35-40 FPS Consistently with my current build on Alpha v9.3:

FX-6300 Six Core Cpu Overclock to 4.4 GHz with Cooler Master Seidon 120 V AIO Liquid Cooler

AMD RX 470 4 GB MSI Armor OC 

Gigabyte 970 UD3P (rev 2) motherboard

8 GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1866Mhz RAM

All settings on Low, except Shadows on Medium @ 1080P

BUT, I would not spend your money on anything AM3+ unless you can find something for dirt cheap, and I recommend an FX-8350 if you have the PSU to support it, AND it is dirt cheap, like near Free, you are better off upgrading CPU, Board, and RAM

I plan on a ryzen $ 450.00 build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/crustythesailor/saved/mDPdCJ 

But I edit video, and multi-task quite a bit.  So Ryzen may not be right for you.

Here is a budget Intel Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/82Tw8K

Under 400 dollars, and I think it would serve you well :D Cheers!

Honestly, if you arent making videos, or heavily multi-tasking, I would buy Intel.  Better pure gaming performance

Edited by [Ops]CrustyTheSailor
To better help OP

Another Option would be a Ryyzen rig these give great multithreading power for only a sligh sacrifice in IPC compared to an I5 7500 (this is in Sqquad  )

with a R5 1600

a b350 board and 16 gigs of DDR4 2400 you would overshot 400 bugs for about 40 dollar but get a much more broad Rig also better suited for workloads like Video editing , transcodation, streaming and stuff and would get a much more round basic plattform to build on while more future prove.

Comes down to what you plan if you build this strickly for squad and and nothing esle go for a high clocked Kabylake like I5 7600 but keep also in mind with this new CPU your GPU will be a limiting factor and you will be temped to spend more money to get a better one.

Yes there is a pattern of issues with AMD CPU systems, as mention before. Also with high player servers I have noticed that the FPS tend to be lower with my last system ( i recently had lost my motherboard, and did a much needed upgrade). 

In short, I highly agree with CrustyTheSailor. but if moppel's ryzen idea interest you, I may be able to tell you how my ryzen build goes assuming I can get some OS installation issues out of the way (fingers crossed).