rainey06au

Jizan Province (original map creation)

60 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

That'd be a bit difficult to do, but flowing water should be doable for the dam.

perfomance killer ???

and i think that many dams switch only in current produding if it is needed 

Yeah I think the Dam will be closed and static until I have the skills to do it justice with a flowing graphical effect. Never say never! :D

Edited by rainey06au
Now with added video

Doesn't one of the current Squad maps already have a waterfall somewhere? Could check out on how that one's done.

Kohat Tai has a river with some small rapids/waterfall, its well done but can't help but feel like it still doesn't do it justice.  I'd love to see water flowing around static meshes and flowing faster as the river narrows etc. That is the effect you would need to channel water through a dam.. the gradual increase of flow through the discharge channels.

Edited by rainey06au

I mocked up a multi-level carpark today (no texturing or detail).  Not sure about the position of it here but it could make for some great firefights at the overpass.  It does feel great to drive through!

zZ5GZl0.jpg

NfSzD8p.jpg

yBsTkGY.jpg

w1hhkPH.jpg

You would need a shopping mall or something to make the car park a realistic addition. It would make for some good fights though.

Should place the carpark in the centre of a busy urban area. It wouldnt really make sense to be at a random overpass if there is not at least a town arround it.

Yep, thats the plan guys!  I just quickly levelled off that space to drop it into the world, but it will be attached to a plaza complex of sorts in a slightly urban retail district.