Sign in to follow this  
TwistedSunshine

MOA of weapons in game.

Just curious, are all rifles in game laser pointers like they appear to be or is there realistic deviation, what's the MOA of the guns in game currently? 

Edited by TwistedSunshine

You really think that, try the rifle range, Drop starts @300. Anything before that quite flat.

Weapon MOA in-game is held at a realistic standard, recoil and other factors are how ever not.

Sources

Spoiler

On 3/26/2016 at 7:06 PM, SgtRoss said:

There actually is slight resetting. Has been for a couple updates. 

And there already is realistic MOA on rifles. 

12 hours ago, TwistedSunshine said:

Just curious, are all rifles in game laser pointers like they appear to be or is there realistic deviation, what's the MOA of the guns in game currently? 

Weapons are not "laser pointers" no.

I think this is an issue of people being so used to movie/video games being unrealistic that when they see a game that more closely resembles the real thing, it feels weird.

Fact is, for most engagements in Squad at the moment, the distance between shooters isn't really long enough for said shooters to notice much drop. Yes even on the "omgsoinaccuratebecauseisawitonthehistorychannel" AK-47.

But it's there for sure. You notice it more when using optics like the ACOG.

Most of you guys clearly don't understand MOA, it's not bullet drop. And I want to see replies from developers, the m4's are not realistically using correct MOA in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, IronComatose said:

I think this is an issue of people being so used to movie/video games being unrealistic that when they see a game that more closely resembles the real thing, it feels weird.

Fact is, for most engagements in Squad at the moment, the distance between shooters isn't really long enough for said shooters to notice much drop. Yes even on the "omgsoinaccuratebecauseisawitonthehistorychannel" AK-47.

But it's there for sure. You notice it more when using optics like the ACOG.

If you are calling squad a highly realistic adaptation of what it's like to shoot a firearm I'd like you to try elaborate on that idea a bit. It's a bit comic to be honest. 

Edited by TwistedSunshine

18 hours ago, Dubs said:

Weapon MOA in-game is held at a realistic standard, recoil and other factors are how ever not.

I don't know about that dude, the MOA of an m4 is averaging out at 4 inches at 100m, 8 inches at 200, 12 inches at 300. These guns feel like they are m110's in disguise. I understand MOA isn't everything btw. You have to realize, to make shooting better, you need to nail as many of the factors in marksmanship as you can, and if they haven't got the MOA of rifles correct. I'm sorry and I don't mean to sound rude but you really have to screw up hard not to get that easily achievable part done right. Surely it can't be that hard to range out to 100m and make a cone of fire in a 4 inch circle. 

4 hours ago, TwistedSunshine said:

I don't know about that dude, the MOA of an m4 is averaging out at 4 inches at 100m, 8 inches at 200, 12 inches at 300. These guns feel like they are m110's in disguise. I understand MOA isn't everything btw. You have to realize, to make shooting better, you need to nail as many of the factors in marksmanship as you can, and if they haven't got the MOA of rifles correct. I'm sorry and I don't mean to sound rude but you really have to screw up hard not to get that easily achievable part done right. Surely it can't be that hard to range out to 100m and make a cone of fire in a 4 inch circle. 

Dev responses are there in the reddit thread link and a quote from Sgt Ross I linked above, stating MOA is realistic. Sgt Ross alone wouldn't let MOA be screwed in Squad, let alone the rest of the dev team. Squad does have quite a few ex military working on it, and one of them(Sgt Ross) has said MOA is realistic, I wouldn't doubt it.

12 hours ago, TwistedSunshine said:

If you are calling squad a highly realistic adaptation of what it's like to shoot a firearm I'd like you to try elaborate on that idea a bit. It's a bit comic to be honest. 

I'm calling it a game that more closely resembles reality compared to MOST shooters, i.e. BF1, COD, etc. No I am not making that claim off of any scientific evidence,  simply my experience in video games. I stick with my claim that most engagements in squad aren't far enough to notice much drop (<300 yrds).

Please don't be that guy on this forum. Plenty of guys on here, including myself, have plenty of time behind the trigger, maybe even more than you.

Edited by IronComatose