Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaboose2231

Stryker VS. Russian BTR

So I just finished a game of Squad with a buddy of mine. We both got into a Stryker to search for a BTR that was holding down our teams position. We roll up to said BTR and my friend starts to rip into the BTR's side for about a good 3-4 seconds before the BTR turns to us shoots us about 8-10 times and kills us. The BTR caught fire and was close to death. From what I've been reading the Stryker has great armor and has even some pretty good damage towards armoured targets. Just wondering how it was possible that the BTR could have just turned the table on us. If anyone has more info on that I would love to hear. I think it was complete BS as we had a pretty big jump on it, just to have it complete annihilate us. I thought the Stryker was supposed to go up against the Russian BTR. Not be useless against a head on battle.

Posted (edited)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AdaSWkozEgmx8sYkXuL5JcdyCtC7lGGxnAdIufO_1Eo/edit#gid=0

All vehicles have 500 HP. One bullet from a Stryker does 6 HP damage to a BTR. So you need to hit BTR with 500/6=83 bullets to destroy it.

You obviously ran into a 30mm BTR. One 30mm bullet does 25 HP damage to a Stryker. So that BTR only had to hit you 20 times to destroy you. You said that it only hit you 8-10 times, meaning you probably wasn't full HP or you counted it wrongly.

Edited by Skul

7 minutes ago, Kaboose2231 said:

We roll up to said BTR and my friend starts to rip into the BTR's side for about a good 3-4 seconds before the BTR turns to us shoots us about 8-10 times and kills us. The BTR caught fire and was close to death.

Well, it wasn't close to death. At the moment when your friend set it on fire, it had ~50% HP left if it had full HP before your friend started shooting at it.

From what I've been reading the Stryker has great armor

It has.

and has even some pretty good damage towards armoured targets.

It has one of the weakest guns against armored vehicles but it is still very balanced and fair.

I think it was complete BS as we had a pretty big jump on it, just to have it complete annihilate us.

Big jump would be if you got to it from behind, full-sprayed it until your gun overheats, then waited ~10 seconds and finished that BTR with a second spray. That's how it is supposed to be...

I thought the Stryker was supposed to go up against the Russian BTR. Not be useless against a head on battle.

That 30mm BTR has the best gun against armored vehicles. You can't just go up against anti-vehicle unit using an anti-infantry unit and think you can actually win in head to head battle.

You have to engage the btr82a from a distance and be ready to retreat behind cover if it starts engaging you with the cannon. The trick with all vehicles is to be in a position where you can quickly retreat behind cover if you find yourself at a disadvantage.

I once blew up a stryker from across the map it was great fun. But I think vehicles are pretty much balanced. You just have to play another style with the stryker.

Posted (edited)

i lately did a lot of driving vehicles and besides of the 30mil variants the btr is heavily underpowered  against the stryker.

it needs more than a full magazine of a btr to blow up the stryker

you cant even kill it with one full magazine even when it was hit by a rocket wich makes gameplay against it ridiculous...

and it would actually be good to implement overheating in training matches just to get a feeling for it ... if you have to learn it on the battlefield it leads to frustrating moments for gunners and drivers

Edited by gshAT

Posted (edited)

i think this might help to get a feeling for armor and firepower:

STRYKER.50cal vs BTR  10 - 14 seconds to take it down

BTR14,5 vs STRYKER endless (~1,5mag)

30mil vs stryker 6-7 seconds

stryker vs MTLB 6-7 seconds

30mil vs BTR ~3 sec

BTR14,5 vs MTLB ~3 sec

Stryker - 4 rockets

BTR - 3 rockets

MTLB - 2 rockets

what might also be good to know is:

i think a rocket does more damage when the vehicle is on fire or smoking... i dont have another explanation

u need to shoot a btr 4 times with a rocket when there is enough time between the shots

same goes for a humvee with 3 shots

others i havent tested

Edited by gshAT

14 hours ago, gshAT said:

and it would actually be good to implement overheating in training matches just to get a feeling for it ... if you have to learn it on the battlefield it leads to frustrating moments for gunners and drivers

Change the map

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Peerun said:

Change the map

i think this is server side ... at least last time i checked before 9,4

had overheating on jensens though yesterday on a server and no overheating on training match while trying to get the time for the stryker 50 cal against the btr ...starts overheating after around 7 seconds ... when u stop a moment after five seconds you can get a btr down in 2 sprays in ~10 seconds

takes you 14 when ignoring overheating mechanics

Edited by gshAT

On 5/14/2017 at 2:12 AM, gshAT said:

i think this is server side ... at least last time i checked before 9,4

had overheating on jensens though yesterday on a server and no overheating on training match while trying to get the time for the stryker 50 cal against the btr ...starts overheating after around 7 seconds ... when u stop a moment after five seconds you can get a btr down in 2 sprays in ~10 seconds

takes you 14 when ignoring overheating mechanics

The firing range has several bugs, including the overheat mechanic. The way it handles networked items is different from an actual server.

If you want to test overheating, I would recommend using an empty server and not the Firing Range.

On 4/19/2017 at 11:56 PM, Skul said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AdaSWkozEgmx8sYkXuL5JcdyCtC7lGGxnAdIufO_1Eo/edit#gid=0

All vehicles have 500 HP. One bullet from a Stryker does 6 HP damage to a BTR. So you need to hit BTR with 500/6=83 bullets to destroy it.

You obviously ran into a 30mm BTR. One 30mm bullet does 25 HP damage to a Stryker. So that BTR only had to hit you 20 times to destroy you. You said that it only hit you 8-10 times, meaning you probably wasn't full HP or you counted it wrongly.

20 rounds to kill a stryker with a 30mm just doesn't seem right to me. From what i've seen it takes less than that on full health vehicles.

7 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

The firing range has several bugs, including the overheat mechanic. The way it handles networked items is different from an actual server.

If you want to test overheating, I would recommend using an empty server and not the Firing Range.

In time, will the firing range be treated like a server so all networking features work? in essence, a local server would be created.

12 minutes ago, Mumble said:

In time, will the firing range be treated like a server so all networking features work? in essence, a local server would be created.

At some point, we would like to fix it, yes.

Posted (edited)

On 15/05/2017 at 7:33 PM, b3n556 said:

20 rounds to kill a stryker with a 30mm just doesn't seem right to me. From what i've seen it takes less than that on full health vehicles.

Did you actually count it? I personally did, on Firing Range(when you actually know that other vehicle starts with 100% HP left). And it does match to the numbers in that spread sheet.

It's like when there is a scientific proof of Earth being in a form of ellipse but then you come and say:"From what I've seen while traveling is that Earth is flat".

Edited by Skul