SPOOKIE

RX 580 vs. GTX 1070

I understand that this is a broad question and many factors are prone to changing... so does anybody think/know if the RX 580 will be able to run Yeho/Goro ~60 fps, all epic settings when this game is finished with optimization and ready to be released? or am i better off getting the 1070? Any useful insight is appreciated.

I currently have an i7 4790K w/ R9 380x and 16gb of ram which gives me ~35-40 fps w/ high settings on Yeho/Goro.

Posted (edited)

Gtx 1070 is better than rx 580 doubtless..

rx 580 is oced and re-branded rx 480 that is equal to gtx 1060 standards generally..you should buy  gtx 1070 in order to catch min 55-60 fps standard with your system spects..

Edited by Togisan

At 1080p either should give you 60 fps and you should be "bottlenecked" by your CPU. At 1440p 580 will bottleneck you and 1070 won't. have you checked "Stat unit" to see if you're CPU or GPU bound atm?

Do you have a freesync monitor? if not, get the 1070 as it mops the floor with the rx 580. What clock speed do you run your CPU at?

I'm also currently looking at either 1070 or 1080, with a niggling thought of "what if Vega turns out to be good?"... I've got a 1060 right now but 1440p + SS is a bit much for it on some maps dipping into the mid 40's at times (a clear GPU bottleneck as my CPU is more than capable looking at Stat unit).

I do have a freesync monitor, the asus MG248, however when i try to use it, it says its unsupported. my CPU runs at 4.45 ghz

i have a 1070 with a I7-2600k and i only get around 35-40fps on goro full server. But yeah, get the 1070 if you can. It is leaps and bounds better than the 580. The 580 is comparable with the 1060 still. My CPU is bottlenecking a little. I really REALLY feel the developers need to put out a patch that's entirely optimization. No added content or anything, just pure optimizing. The game really needs it and I think (I hope) most people would rather see better optimization rather than new factions and vehicles for a new version. Game quality>Content :)

10 minutes ago, b3n556 said:

i have a 1070 with a I7-2600k and i only get around 35-40fps on goro full server. But yeah, get the 1070 if you can. It is leaps and bounds better than the 580. The 580 is comparable with the 1060 still. My CPU is bottlenecking a little. I really REALLY feel the developers need to put out a patch that's entirely optimization. No added content or anything, just pure optimizing. The game really needs it and I think (I hope) most people would rather see better optimization rather than new factions and vehicles for a new version. Game quality>Content :)

Its pointless to do a major optimization pass when more content and systems are being implemented, especially when a single patch could change a bunch of things; meaning having to reoptimize things you already have. Basically misuse of resources.

Minor optimization is done every patch, its just not listed in patch notes. V10 animation system will give a performance boost. The new UE4 build has some nice things too, which will help performance wise.

At OP, go for the 1070 over the 580. Or save big and get a 1080 /1080Ti.