MilosV

What do you currently dislike about Squad and how would you change it?

Squad's lack of functionality overall. Main thing that makes the game feel linear and arcady to me
- No commander seats in vehicles 
- No radios in vehicles
- Non-functional optics (main chevron has no range difference from top to bottom nor can you use the mildots/scale to meassure distance).
- Lack of zero-ing (Only introduced for GL and RPG in V10)
- M110 with medium range scope (in the future), but no way of finding range (unless mildots are going to be an actual measuring method or Rangefinder).
- Can't pop smoke curtains with vehicles even the tubes are modeled in.

My only real gripe with squad at this point is the lack of maps and the lack of variety in them. I'm pretty tired of fighting in the same old afghan mud huts and the featureless rolling hills of western russia. I would really love to see some interesting environments like the super mountainous terrain of Korengal or the Jungles of South East Asia.

Oh yeah and the Community is terrible.

crap hit detection (getting hit by a 50 cal = no damage), stale maps, bad layers (Fools V3), jumping, the general quality of public players (getting better but just as that happens we have another sale), full auto spam....

13 minutes ago, IINAYDOGII said:

crap hit detection (getting hit by a 50 cal = no damage), stale maps, bad layers (Fools V3), jumping, the general quality of public players (getting better but just as that happens we have another sale), full auto spam....

Well as a seasoned veteran I use full auto more often than not. It's more effective in close range and trigger discipline makes it no different at long range. Suppressing fire isn't as effective as it used to be though.

8 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

Well as a seasoned veteran I use full auto more often than not. It's more effective in close range and trigger discipline makes it no different at long range. Suppressing fire isn't as effective as it used to be though.

It was never a problem pre-steam, now it just feels arcadey, annoying and cheap. parsonal opinion tho. 

Edited by IINAYDOGII

What do you currently dislike about Squad?

The fact that it is a fantastic game that has over 100,000 owners, but unfortunately has trouble passing 3000 active players at any given time on a regular day (except for major events and new releases) :( 

http://steamcharts.com/app/393380#3m

6 hours ago, Psyrus said:

The fact that it is a fantastic game that has over 100,000 owners, but unfortunately has trouble passing 3000 active players at any given time on a regular day (except for major events and new releases) :( 

This. The only thing that saddens me about Squad.

7 hours ago, Psyrus said:

58 minutes ago, Rock said:

This. The only thing that saddens me about Squad.

Don't worry guys , i think it's pretty usual for an early acsses game to be like that ( we can't take PUBG as and example , it has a very unsual success ) .

Once the game will be more feature complete , and performance will get better to a point this game would be acssesable not only to players with the best rigs , i see no reason for it not to succeed ,  and we all know that this genre is not meant for casuals so we should expect only the people that really like the type of gameplay this game offers to stick around for long .

11 hours ago, Psyrus said:

That's the same with most games. 

Will vehicles require fuel in the future?

3 minutes ago, Odd_fella said:

That's the same with most games. 

Will vehicles require fuel in the future?

Wouldn't make much sense.

BTR-80
Operational range: 600km

Stryker
Operational range: 500km

You would need to do 30 laps around Yehorivka or Gorodok, before you were low on gas.
In any case, by the time you exhausted 1/3 of your fuel tank, you'd be returning to base for repairs anyway.

Chora. Just Chora haha. Especially that one layer of Chora, I think its v2 that only uses the one half of the map. Sick of playing it.

6 hours ago, Peerun said:

BTR-80
Operational range: 600km

Stryker
Operational range: 500km

You would need to do 30 laps around Yehorivka or Gorodok, before you were low on gas.
In any case, by the time you exhausted 1/3 of your fuel tank, you'd be returning to base for repairs anyway.

It would add a strategic element to the game imo. 

Having a fuel system would encourage more emphasis on vehicle stations, resource depots or even superfobs. It would also require a lot more resources to camp outside enemy main for example or go on lengthy excursions into enemy territory. With the fuel system teams have to be more careful with their planning on vehicle movement.

One way to slow down the steamroll is to rely on resources, the further you are from main, the longer it takes to get those resources. Or if you're relying on stored resources from a FOB, there's still a bigger distance to cover between Main-FOB-Frontline on the steamrolling side. 

Most of these posts are just complaints/dislikes with no constructive outlook as to how they could/should be fixed, which that in itself is the point of this post in the first place. @moderator, I'd suggest locking this thread. 

On 2017-09-20 at 7:03 PM, Draco said:

That first video is amazing, I really hope they add this into the game! The sounds are not that good right now in terms of loudness/pop/cracks and It's a bit underwhelming right now since there's not many firefights with continuous shooting like in the video, most firefights cease for reloading and stuff, but in the video its hundreds of people across a city just shooting at all times, it's chaotic, so it never really feels so intense.

..speaking of adding more subtle details to the military-ASMR in squad.................. look what i just discovered. apparently artillery-fire makes a bunch of ricochet sounds when the artilleryshell splashes. i would assume the same goes with grenades, mortar, IED's and RPGs.

this i would like to hear in squad. i guess its a mix of dirt and rock and fragments of the shell that whizz off in thousands different directions? sounds so fokken amazin PEW PEW PEW PEW. 

Edited by greekish

I think overall in Squad explosions are a bit downplayed and not really explosive enough. Visually they look great and the sound is good aswell, but it's like they sometimes happen behind a glass wall.

10 hours ago, Peerun said:

I think overall in Squad explosions are a bit downplayed and not really explosive enough. Visually they look great and the sound is good aswell, but it's like they sometimes happen behind a glass wall.

like how you can step out of a vehicle the second before it explodes.  and survive.  

Aswell as nearly no supression and quite nerfed camera shake. If anything, explosive ammunition and explosions in general should cause more supression than bullets. Atleast that's what my common sense tells me.

I get fairly upset when I get killed by a standing contortionist.  Solution, soft cover on objects and with no lean.  2nd best, reduce lean to 20 degrees or like Pubg while standing.

6 hours ago, CageMatchKimsey said:

I get fairly upset when I get killed by a standing contortionist.  Solution, soft cover on objects and with no lean.  2nd best, reduce lean to 20 degrees or like Pubg while standing.

They shouldn't reduce leaning, it's just like in real life.