MilosV

What do you currently dislike about Squad and how would you change it?

6JUyNrVtTICZRkF0nsMq5Q.jpg

:P Without the 3-4 "frame rate issues" threads per week, I fear the forums will become a ghost town

Edited by Psyrus

1. The horrible Anti-Aliasing or Flickering on vegetation in the distance, when you move everything flickers it's so ****ing annoying

2. Lag spikes. First 10-20 minutes I get very bad lag spikes and freezes in a game after spawning, sometimes 5-second freezes in the heat of the moment which leaves me vulnerable and I have died a lot because of it, only started happening since 9.8

3. The AKM grip. Jesus. Just hold it by the ****ing magwell like the AK74 grip, it looks so much better. Ugh.

4. Sounds. The sounds are very realistic, but it's missing a good reverb/echo system. Look for Battlefield 4 sounds. The gun sounds themselves aren't very realistic but the echo and crack, the sound travel, it's absolutely amazing. I've never heard any game do it better, EVER.

3 hours ago, Draco said:

1. The horrible Anti-Aliasing or Flickering on vegetation in the distance, when you move everything flickers it's so ****ing annoying

2. Lag spikes. First 10-20 minutes I get very bad lag spikes and freezes in a game after spawning, sometimes 5-second freezes in the heat of the moment which leaves me vulnerable and I have died a lot because of it, only started happening since 9.8

3. The AKM grip. Jesus. Just hold it by the ****ing magwell like the AK74 grip, it looks so much better. Ugh.

4. Sounds. The sounds are very realistic, but it's missing a good reverb/echo system. Look for Battlefield 4 sounds. The gun sounds themselves aren't very realistic but the echo and crack, the sound travel, it's absolutely amazing. I've never heard any game do it better, EVER.

1. Use T+FXAA, the last AA option.
2. Get an SSD to install Squad on or more RAM/VRAM.
3. Have you heard of Our lord and saviour V10?
4. Turn up your volume, there's both of those things.

3 hours ago, Peerun said:

1. Use T+FXAA, the last AA option.
2. Get an SSD to install Squad on or more RAM/VRAM.
3. Have you heard of Our lord and saviour V10?
4. Turn up your volume, there's both of those things.

1. Thanks, I'll try

2. It's on an SSD already and I have 16GB RAM/4 VRAM

3. Yes, I have. Hopefully the horrible grip is changed.

4. There's nothing like Battlefield 4. The sounds are too quiet and the echo/reverb is not accurate at all. As far as I know a new sound reverb system has already been demonstrated here: 

I feel as if the current sounds are realistic but not enough. In real life it's MUCH more loud. Battlefield 4 has got the reverb on POINT

hi,

- i dislike the Hit-Detection Bug... you hit someone but he takes no Damage... :(

Proof:

If an Enemy runs in your View from behind oder from the Side.. it looks like a speed hack.. because the Animation is not rendert..
i have try to capture it but its not the best video to show the Bug...

Sometimes if an Enemey is in a house and run fast out it looks like a teleport 1-3m away out of the door...

- and the last the static Maps... you can't drive over a little tree and no weather effects... random weather / daytime could be nice.. Fog, Rain... hmm Snow? :D

regards,

Wiffel

Edited by Wiffel
Links...

i  would add a lot more sonic cracks. and by pops i mean that sound when the bullets breaks the sound barrier and it sounds like a popcornmachine. i love that sound! 

i think this video is from some real battle. it is a Noticeable amount of pops in the distance. in squad, i think that especially when im at a distance from the battle, there is no pops at all. it only makes that popping sound when im being shot at. from watching warclashes on youtube though, i think there should be pops in the distant sounds too. 

this video is from a distant clash, and again u hear a looooot of those pops even though youre not actively getting aimed at or shot at. 

Edited by greekish

Mortar spam meta. It would be nice to have overheat mechanics or similar to limit the amount of mortars you can spam.

Edited by DeckGunner
Forgot to add suggestion

As of 9-20-17

- Long range pixelation

- Continuous sway (Not sure if it has to represent regular breathing or something ??, why sway when you're stationary not doing anything ?).
- Radio setup (EVERYthing is in stereo, as a thread has been posted about this, would be nice to be able to change in audio settings to have Squad comms in left ear and SL comms in right ear. Leaving Direct voice in stereo. And for Squad members have squad radio in one ear.
- Gun/barrel sticking trough stuff
- Linear boring Rush and holding back till center cap is taken 
(That's the only way Squad is played atm).
-Faint red dots
-non functional and very small scaled optics.

7 hours ago, greekish said:

i  would add a lot more sonic cracks. and by pops i mean that sound when the bullets breaks the sound barrier and it sounds like a popcornmachine. i love that sound! 

i think this video is from some real battle. it is a Noticeable amount of pops in the distance. in squad, i think that especially when im at a distance from the battle, there is no pops at all. it only makes that popping sound when im being shot at. from watching warclashes on youtube though, i think there should be pops in the distant sounds too. 

this video is from a distant clash, and again u hear a looooot of those pops even though youre not actively getting aimed at or shot at. 

That first video is amazing, I really hope they add this into the game! The sounds are not that good right now in terms of loudness/pop/cracks and It's a bit underwhelming right now since there's not many firefights with continuous shooting like in the video, most firefights cease for reloading and stuff, but in the video its hundreds of people across a city just shooting at all times, it's chaotic, so it never really feels so intense.

100 player servers...

Admin cam snap-to functions...

Actual bullet penetration...

Whirly birds w/ hotas support...

Moar night maps...

Ladders with gravity...

Command role...

Mine icons on top of other map icons...

Realistic stamina...

[edit] Fix the vehicle flipping meta, seriously, please...

...aren't in it yet.  

Edited by Bash

I'd like...
- Dragging player models
- Weapon resting
- Deployable medic station (field hospital?) good for X_amount of heals and somewhere other medics can resupply meds.

Id also really love the ability for squad members to votekick/demote a crappy squad leader. (must have majority vote of squad to work)

One of the main reasons ive stopped playing squad atm is joining a squad who's leader thinks they are general of all the battlefield and thinks its fine to constantly verbally abuse their squad members. Crappy squad leaders with shitty attitudes ought to realise its a game not some simulation to get into officer candidate school nor is winning pixels dependent on their real life goals. ITS A GAME ffs (& not a very tactical one atm) not an excuse to play out your psychological problems by battering on other people, if they want that they oughta stay away from pub play since "most pub players are lamer n00bs" and dont know how to do [insert_X].

When i boot up a game i want to enjoy myself have a laugh and a gameplay rush....not listen to ADD ridden bumfks with superiority complex' who think its fine to berate everyone.

As you may have noticed that last request really gets my Goat.

8 hours ago, Frazz said:

'Id also really love the ability for squad members to votekick/demote a crappy squad leader. (must have majority vote of squad to work)'

You can always leave a squad, join another squad, make your own squad, or try another server and rinse and repeat.  I'd see this system being easily more abusive then helpful 

I would like to see squads disband automatically, when a SL leaves.
If you get autokicked from a squad like this and make a squad and get 2 other players join it, you'd get respawned as SL automatically with no additional cooldown, like when you suicide.

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Draco said:

That first video is amazing, I really hope they add this into the game! The sounds are not that good right now in terms of loudness/pop/cracks and It's a bit underwhelming right now since there's not many firefights with continuous shooting like in the video, most firefights cease for reloading and stuff, but in the video its hundreds of people across a city just shooting at all times, it's chaotic, so it never really feels so intense.

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Draco said:

in close quarters squad does sound like the first video i linked tho. but the distant sounds is lacking just a little. i hope they add it. 

missing crewman role and the current solo 1 man APC / IFV meta.

I get frustrated everytime if my eye catch this szenario and the worst thing is no penalty in swap time between driver > gunner or even worse.

You can press reload, switch to driver, move around, switch back and reload is done ?

The game is all about Communication & Teamplay except for lonewolf vehicle operators.

On 20.9.2017 at 4:17 PM, DeckGunner said:

Mortar spam meta. It would be nice to have overheat mechanics or similar to limit the amount of mortars you can spam.

Mortars are quiete underpowerd in terms of splash radius.

My 2 cents are a decreased fire rate = remove the magazin (how is that even possible) ... and increase the splash radius [damage its fine dosent need to be changed], last but not least ~ 50 ammo points per single shot could be balanced.

Imo this would be fit into the gameplay better.

God moded environment;

Nothing turns me off more then a mudwall and small trees stopping you. 
And having your vehicle balance on those small rockwals which should succumb under the amount of weight....

Alot of it to me feels forced, in benefit of the road mines.