MilosV

What do you currently dislike about Squad and how would you change it?

140 posts in this topic
On 5/21/2017 at 3:01 PM, lawnboy said:

This game sorely needs a commander role or at the very least a vote kick option for bad squad leaders. There has got to be some way to remove squads that aren't playing with their team because one bad squad can who is half way across the map sitting on an objective that isn't in play can and will lose you the game. 

I can see where your coming from. Unfortuantly it can create oppertunites for those with no common sense to vote kick the very squad leader who can win them the game. I've had plenty of matches where all the squads leads on my team didn't appreciate my tatics, however my tatics wins matches. There is a line to be drawn though for instance squad leads without mics and so on.  

On 23/05/2017 at 7:02 PM, Bahrein said:

I was a huge fan of BF series i had so many hours on it with BF WW2 series,BF2,BF3 but i was a lot disappointed and stopped playing it because of so many cheaters it was becoming unbearable.

I stopped playing that series because it became a bs for console peasants, and just a money vacuum cleaner.

On 23/05/2017 at 7:02 PM, Bahrein said:

I disagree with you only at the point where you say you like no instant kills.I think the game needs instant kills with some weapons and no revives when you get shoot from some type weapons.

Well, instant kills should be justifiable. I am completely Ok instantly dying in a vehicle from a mine(which you do atm) and IED(which you don't in BTR/Stryker atm). When you're in infantry, it's Ok to die from a grenade, grenade launcher, RPG hit, tank shell, bomb of a plane or something very heavy.

When I was talking about instakill weapons, I was talking about weapons like CROWs, 1-hit-kill sniper rifles and other facepalm bullshit from CS/CoD, the weapons which kiddos from other series praise.

At this point I think everything is kinda balanced.

2 hours ago, Skul said:

I stopped playing that series because it became a bs for console peasants, and just a money vacuum cleaner.

Well, instant kills should be justifiable. I am completely Ok instantly dying in a vehicle from a mine(which you do atm) and IED(which you don't in BTR/Stryker atm). When you're in infantry, it's Ok to die from a grenade, grenade launcher, RPG hit, tank shell, bomb of a plane or something very heavy.

When I was talking about instakill weapons, I was talking about weapons like CROWs, 1-hit-kill sniper rifles and other facepalm bullshit from CS/CoD, the weapons which kiddos from other series praise.

Headshots seem to be 1 shot kill right now....

Cause I keep dying from being 1 shotted to the head.

And headshots are justified in being 1-shot, due to the difficulty of achieving them. Which is in line his whole argument about game balance and having some skill gap in the game.

Just now, plissken said:

And headshots are justified in being 1-shot, due to the difficulty of achieving them. Which is in line his whole argument about game balance and having some skill gap in the game.

It's not difficult with an ACOG or Marksman class.

6 minutes ago, Shieldss said:

It's not difficult with an ACOG or Marksman class.

It is, unless you are shooting at stationary target. Or do you claim to go for HS 90% of the time?

Whats your actual point in all this?

2 minutes ago, plissken said:

It is, unless you are shooting at stationary target. Or do you claim to go for HS 90% of the time?

Whats your actual point in all this?

That it should be removed and is a shitty feature.

45 minutes ago, Shieldss said:

That it should be removed and is a shitty feature.

What exactly? 1-shot kill to the head?

A headshot isn't even a thing that will kill you in Squad. It'll only incapacitate you. I think that's more than fair.

3 minutes ago, Peerun said:

A headshot isn't even a thing that will kill you in Squad. It'll only incapacitate you. I think that's more than fair.

Someone proposed that headshots should deliver one to a spawn screen. And that's a nice idea. Sometimes you want enemy to think that they can revive each other and then finish all of them after they were lying down there for 2 minutes(and after they got revived).

But sometimes you want to headshot a guy, so noone can revive him anymore.

But I don't really get how some people want to get rid of 1 hit kill headshots. It is a headshot, for Christ sake.

I think there is a reason why a lot of Forum mod's don't like threads like this. 

Someone dislikes what someone else likes, and it leads into an argument.

Please keep it civil. This isn't the GTA Forums. 

Well I just decided to edit everything so I can be a little more indepth on what I think should be done with hs' . Firstly in terms of realism a headshot to anything but the brain isn't instantly lethal even irl. It'd hurt like hell and your golden hour turns into more of a golden 20 minutes before blood loss becomes a real problem but it's survivable. A hit to the cranium however would leave you incapped and dead either within a few seconds or a few hours, it varies depending on where you were hit or what weapon was used/ how far you were hit from. But all that in itself is too many variables to consider for just a game where a headshot anywhere on the head is considered as lethal as other areas. 

So I think it should be dealt with more like if you're headshot you simply have less time to be revived than if it was a bodyshot, but if it was from a certain distance away like 20-30 meters then you're just unrevivable. Little harsh but come on its a headshot, even if it was just a pistol round irl you'd be needing immediate surgery just to keep stable, not a quick patdown from a combat medic and some bandaids.

Edited by Fruityb0ss

On 5/25/2017 at 1:58 PM, Shieldss said:

Headshots seem to be 1 shot kill right now....

Cause I keep dying from being 1 shotted to the head.

Its called head shot ;-)

I can do some with AK74-s since i do not want to give the chance for the enemy to turn on me and kill me while i am trying to shoot him in the torso and that shit happens all the time.

On 5/25/2017 at 11:33 AM, Skul said:

On the instant kill the only instant kill should be a head shot,when we are talking about to say "smaller" type or arms.

On 5/23/2017 at 6:29 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

The instakill with the HAT and mine levels the playing field by forcing the OP CROWS and Stryker to be cautious. 

Thats the whole point.Not like it was before thy just strolling in some settlement and taking rpg after an rpg while killing a bunch of guys and strolling out for repairs.

For me it's mainly the movement and general performance which is hopefully being addressed in V10. The movement just feels incredibly sluggish and unresponsive to me, and the dolphin diving is a piss off too.