MilosV

What do you currently dislike about Squad and how would you change it?

1 hour ago, WorstNoobEVER said:

I disagree with you, it's less than 5 seconds. I think it's fair.

That's cool... we can agree to disagree.  I hope for your sake if you happen across a similar situation in life it doesn't take you 5secs to adjust/react.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, PROTOCOL said:

That's cool... we can agree to disagree.  I hope for your sake if you happen across a similar situation in life it doesn't take you 5secs to adjust/react.

I've already thought about that, but to think that you can put on a keyboard every action you can IRL do precisely is presumptuous...

Besides, if devs manage to do that, we'll have a lot of "skilled-players" that don't fear death (of course cause it's a game) and it's the first step to 360° hs with a sniper rifle.

Edited by WorstNoobEVER

Posted (edited)

That's fair, just after balance within reason. Experience is the best teacher.... glad we're both here to share perspectives. Good chat.

Edited by PROTOCOL

I would like to see theSig P320 as the US Army's new service weapon rather than the Beretta M9 since it is in real life now. Just for starts. Anybody else?

I don't like the lack of a range feature. It's not so bad for infantry as it adds an element of skill but i feel vehicles and emplacements should be able to adjust theirs 

57 minutes ago, ishwoo said:

I don't like the lack of a range feature. It's not so bad for infantry as it adds an element of skill but i feel vehicles and emplacements should be able to adjust theirs 

That's dumb. No offense. Either have it on every adjustable sight or none.

On 5/15/2017 at 5:57 AM, Skul said:

Why are you providing videos from real life? Squad has nothing to do with RL. It is an arcade-ish hardcore teamplay-oriented video game. Randomly getting behind a vehicle with instakill weapon has nothing to do with teamplay, hardcore or arcade. It is just lame and casual, that's what it is. And before someone said something about instakill machine guns on vehicles, I am against it as well. Instakill weapons is an unofficial antonym of skill. You should be able to hit enemies at least 2 times if you didn't hit them in the head.

When I wrote my previous comment it was 3 Tandems per team. And it was very easy to shoot at big distances. Now, of course, HATs are kinda balanced, with mines and IEDs, and all of that stuff, I like it, it is fair now.

Well, you're right about them, but it isn't a story about me.

Maybe because the game tends to be more realistic unlike many other games.Or maybe you are more into BF3 where you need to empty the whole clip to kill a guy?

The only lame thing is you camping with a vehicle or something like that and scope kill everything that moves and think that's cool.You know you get like one Heavy AT every 20 players in the team?

So most of the time you will only have one heavy AT in a team.

@BahreinHe literally wrote that he was happy with the balance of the game currently, including how mines, IEDS and HAT kits are distributed. I dont see what you getting worked up about here.

Skul wrote:

When I wrote my previous comment it was 3 Tandems per team. And it was very easy to shoot at big distances. Now, of course, HATs are kinda balanced, with mines and IEDs, and all of that stuff, I like it, it is fair now.

He also wrote that 1-shot kills feels cheap even as a gunner in a vehicle, so no need to name call just because he likes playing vehicles. Relax, please.

Firefight's duration. I don't know how would I change it, this one's a crucial topic with hundreds of subjective ideas.

@bilsantu I personally would like to see more "fair fights" happening on the battlefield. Scrims between squads, the one with the best tactics, movement and aim, wins. The issue with FOBS is that whole teams can spam-spawn on them, and when FOBS become important for the meta, then you wont see many of the squad scrims.

By squad scrims, I mean you are patrolling an area of the map with your squad, and then there is a sudden encounter with another squad, and then there is a firefight that ensues. Your squad will have to stand its own ground for a long duration, because there arent any FOBS nearby that could immediately pump-out reinforcements. I dunno, but it was those kinds of experiences that got my blood boiling and triggered all the novelty bells for me when I first tried a game like PR.

I always found this description of modern infantry warfare interesting:

By WW2 , the use of the smaller divisions, platoons and companies became much more important as precise operations became vital. Instead of the locked trench warfare of World War I, during World War II, a dynamic network of battles developed where small groups encountered other platoons. As a result, elite squads became much more recognized and distinguishable.

I think these types of experiences dont happen often with the current game modes we have in Squad. I sometimes play SquadOps (1-life event with custom game modes), just so I can get my "fix" of these types of experiences!

This game sorely needs a commander role or at the very least a vote kick option for bad squad leaders. There has got to be some way to remove squads that aren't playing with their team because one bad squad can who is half way across the map sitting on an objective that isn't in play can and will lose you the game. 

15 hours ago, plissken said:

@bilsantu I personally would like to see more "fair fights" happening on the battlefield. Scrims between squads, the one with the best tactics, movement and aim, wins. The issue with FOBS is that whole teams can spam-spawn on them, and when FOBS become important for the meta, then you wont see many of the squad scrims.

By squad scrims, I mean you are patrolling an area of the map with your squad, and then there is a sudden encounter with another squad, and then there is a firefight that ensues. Your squad will have to stand its own ground for a long duration, because there arent any FOBS nearby that could immediately pump-out reinforcements. I dunno, but it was those kinds of experiences that got my blood boiling and triggered all the novelty bells for me when I first tried a game like PR.

I always found this description of modern infantry warfare interesting:

I think these types of experiences dont happen often with the current game modes we have in Squad. I sometimes play SquadOps (1-life event with custom game modes), just so I can get my "fix" of these types of experiences!

As I have mentioned in the twitch chat yesterday during M vs F game, right now it's all about who reacts and dolphin dives faster then shoots towards critical body parts better which is really not what I would like to experience and see. Tactics often go out the window when a side has that one or two players who can kill more than half a squad all by himself regardless of map and place in a firefight when the game mechanics and features does not allow receiving and to hinder or slow this dude.

Sad.

Posted (edited)
On 21/05/2017 at 3:58 PM, Bahrein said:

Maybe because the game tends to be more realistic unlike many other games.

You mean, like, getting revived in 3 seconds after literally getting RPGd in the face 10 seconds before? When you say 'realistic' you mean things like that one, right? This game is awesome but has nothing to do with realism or anything like that. And it is a very good thing.

Or maybe you are more into BF3 where you need to empty the whole clip to kill a guy?

I am more into games BF2 alike(Squad is very BF2 alike): revives, vehicles, grenades, sprint system, health system, heal system, move system, game mechanics and a lot of other things.

The only lame thing is you camping with a vehicle or something like that and scope kill everything that moves and think that's cool.

What does that even mean? What's your point?

You go try to take a vehicle and be actually effective with it.

You know you get like one Heavy AT every 20 players in the team?

So most of the time you will only have one heavy AT in a team.

Well, if you have read patch notes, actually knew this game, or at least read my previous posts, you would know that there can be only one heavy AT in a team even if you have 46 players in your team.

Edited by Skul

8 hours ago, bilsantu said:

As I have mentioned in the twitch chat yesterday during M vs F game, right now it's all about who reacts and dolphin dives faster then shoots towards critical body parts better which is really not what I would like to experience and see.

Yeah, it's a real shame for the people with quicker reactions and better aim to win firefights. It's almost like having skill provides some sort of competitive advantage. How awful.

1 hour ago, Valdr said:

Yeah, it's a real shame for the people with quicker reactions and better aim to win firefights. It's almost like having skill provides some sort of competitive advantage. How awful.

You can shove your sarcasm wherever you want but I wasn't talking about that anyway. Read between the lines maybe. Anyway, the idea is that skilled will of course will remain skilled regardless but the other guy (less skilled) will not get roflstomped like he would do in CS or COD if he is in a better position et cetera.

Posted (edited)

I dislike that you cannot queue for a specific team in the server queue. As of now I might get in but have to wait to get on the right team. :( Also Ithat you cannot  queue as a squad. Would be nice!

Edited by Japub

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Valdr said:

Yes, that's one of the worst things that can happen to a game nowadays: when skills actually matter, you can't just jump'n'shoot with deagle or sniper rifle and still randomly get kills.

I haven't seen as bad game as Squad(where so many skills actually matter at the same time simultaneously, and RNG almost non-existent and definitely non-relevant) since BF2 days. I mean, how dare they implement a game mechanics with so high entrance threshold / skill border(since BF2 days) and biggest skill gap(since BF2 days) between scrubs and skilled players, which encourages big time skilled players(aka nerds and no-lifers) and punishes very badly noobs, scrubs and lamers. They should make so random game mechanics, that any random noob from CS/CoD/Cattlefield/ArmA/anyothermainstreamseries should be almost as good as nolifer with 2000 hours in Squad, just as Valve did in CSGO.

Edited by Skul

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, bilsantu said:

As I have mentioned in the twitch chat yesterday during M vs F game, right now it's all about who reacts and dolphin dives faster then shoots towards critical body parts better which is really not what I would like to experience and see.

Nah, man. Squad is a game of innertia(momentum), teamplay and skills. Proper FOBs, ammo crates, repair stations matter the most, then teamplay, then personal skills, like reaction and such.

If you have, like, 8 FOBs on the map, you have your grenadiers on ammo crates spamming enemy flags(grenadiers are 100 times better artillery than mortars, no joke, no sarcasm, they are better, don't use mortars at all). And you have your vehicles on repair stations on the overpowered positions spamming enemy with infinite ammo, it doesn't matter how skilled your enemies are(how fast they react, dolphin dive or shoot towards critical body parts). If your enemies don't abuse ammo crates, repair stations, spawn points and all of that meta stuff, you're going to win by using game mechanics, unless enemies have very good FOBs, ammo crates and repair station themselves. But yeah, if your enemies play with kdr 5 even after you placed all of that properly, then you deserve to lose. But it isn't a problem of a game, it's a problem of a team and players which have scissors instead of hands and sawdust instead of brains.

The thing is, I never saw anyone(I played enough matches myself) to play a proper-proper Squad yet, when a team is working as an mechanism:

57b21f3d5984fab471dcd31c883762fd.gif

But we'll get there.

14 hours ago, bilsantu said:

Tactics often go out the window when a side has that one or two players who can kill more than half a squad all by himself regardless of map and place in a firefight when the game mechanics and features does not allow receiving and to hinder or slow this dude.

Sad.

Well, then the team isn't good enough to stop this player and this team deserves to lose. When both teams are good, it is very easy to stop these 1-2 highly skilled players. There are tonns of grenades, grenade launcher, rpgs and all of that.

If a team can't stop 1 player(which is all by himself without his squad) with their whole Squad, then this team deserves to get stomped.

Simply saying, Squad is about git gut or git rikt. And I love that this game is about it.

Edited by Skul

Posted (edited)

@bilsantuI can see where you are coming from, you want other individual skills than reaction time and movement/aim to be more important. 

But I wonder what it would look like? Are there any games out there that exemplifies the type of mechanics/gameplay you wanna see? Is Project Reality a game which mechanics are closer to your taste, as far as what skills are required from individual players?

Edited by plissken

On 2017-5-19 at 7:27 PM, PROTOCOL said:

Haha indeed. I think a lot of people don't necessarily realise how quickly people can achieve what they want with adequate training and muscle memory. The reloads and weapon switches in game are beautifully long but seem to represent the lowest order of training/skill with regards to the combatant.

one of the things i like fix is the control not feeling 1 to 1.

the overall responsive of the controls needs to be tighten up. tighten controls are not exclusive to Cs GO or games like that.

even rising storm feels tight (Viet).

other than that...keep up the good work

On 5/21/2017 at 4:06 PM, plissken said:

@BahreinHe literally wrote that he was happy with the balance of the game currently, including how mines, IEDS and HAT kits are distributed. I dont see what you getting worked up about here.

Skul wrote:

He also wrote that 1-shot kills feels cheap even as a gunner in a vehicle, so no need to name call just because he likes playing vehicles. Relax, please.

No need for you do defend him or anything.Since i was not worked up or attacking him i was just talking with him and saying my point of view and what i think the game should be about.

On 5/22/2017 at 4:37 PM, Skul said:

You mean, like, getting revived in 3 seconds after literally getting RPGd in the face 10 seconds before? When you say 'realistic' you mean things like that one, right? This game is awesome but has nothing to do with realism or anything like that. And it is a very good thing.

I am more into games BF2 alike(Squad is very BF2 alike): revives, vehicles, grenades, sprint system, health system, heal system, move system, game mechanics and a lot of other things.

What does that even mean? What's your point?

You go try to take a vehicle and be actually effective with it.

Well, if you have read patch notes, actually knew this game, or at least read my previous posts, you would know that there can be only one heavy AT in a team even if you have 46 players in your team.

Friend i totally understand what are you saying here.Dont get me wrong i am not trying to offend you on here or anything like it.

I was a huge fan of BF series i had so many hours on it with BF WW2 series,BF2,BF3 but i was a lot disappointed and stopped playing it because of so many cheaters it was becoming unbearable.

I played a lot of Insurgency (game) also i firstly fall in love with the hit realism that you can easily die,but on the other hand i did not like small maps and the fast arkade like fighting with a small amount of team play (not even close to what team work you need in squad)

I disagree with you only at the point where you say you like no instant kills.I think the game needs instant kills with some weapons and no revives when you get shoot from some type weapons.

Since thy put in the tandem rocket in that rocket needs to have a lot more power an instant kill now with a drop the rocket has now would be good for the balance if not why put it in the game anyway.

And i am sorry but i admit i did not read the patch notes (i usually do and all of it but i must have missed that one) and did not know that can only be only one heavy.

24 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

Friend i totally understand what are you saying here.Dont get me wrong i am not trying to offend you on here or anything like it.

I was a huge fan of BF series i had so many hours on it with BF WW2 series,BF2,BF3 but i was a lot disappointed and stopped playing it because of so many cheaters it was becoming unbearable.

I played a lot of Insurgency (game) also i firstly fall in love with the hit realism that you can easily die,but on the other hand i did not like small maps and the fast arkade like fighting with a small amount of team play (not even close to what team work you need in squad)

I disagree with you only at the point where you say you like no instant kills.I think the game needs instant kills with some weapons and no revives when you get shoot from some type weapons.

Since thy put in the tandem rocket in that rocket needs to have a lot more power an instant kill now with a drop the rocket has now would be good for the balance if not why put it in the game anyway.

And i am sorry but i admit i did not read the patch notes (i usually do and all of it but i must have missed that one) and did not know that can only be only one heavy.

The instakill with the HAT and mine levels the playing field by forcing the OP CROWS and Stryker to be cautious.