MilosV

What do you currently dislike about Squad and how would you change it?

140 posts in this topic
On 23.4.2017 at 3:37 PM, Crowmium said:
  • Recoil is excessive on all weapons (and going prone doesn't help enough)

I wish you would seen it on Pre-Alpha and earlier.  The current is "no recoil" compared to that time.

Posted (edited)

- The giant insta namelabels, Destroy the immersiveness and part of game depthness

- People who keep saying that squad should not be realistic which is arcadish this or that ..., being that
 realism guides most of the mechanics of this game genre, ensures depthness, asymmetric balance and a tactical 
slow paced environment suitable for teamwork, If that's why they will not play some mainstream games that 
are already in the market, and stop coming to the forums to try to make squad one more of them with their 
´´uhhh duuurh this should not be realistic, do not bring me data of reality uuuuurhhhh!``

Most other things I know is for the sake of the game being in alpha 

Edited by blayas

Unlimited view distance.

And ATM it's wayyy too fast peaced for my taste.

Leaving a squad as SL should automatically disband the squad and return everyone to the spawn menu

= less chaos when a SL leaves, becuase you get to make a brand new squad instead of juggling the SL 5 times or trying to explain to someone how to do it or trying to get people to leave the Squad because the person you are trying to explain how to give SL to is unresponsive.

Posted (edited)

i really want to see vehicles i saw in PR. I mean it is too durable. It is becoming ridiculous when you need to shoot 2 AT to destroy logi and even 3 to destroy BTR.

1 hour ago, Peerun said:

Leaving a squad as SL should automatically disband the squad and return everyone to the spawn menu

= less chaos when a SL leaves, becuase you get to make a brand new squad instead of juggling the SL 5 times or trying to explain to someone how to do it or trying to get people to leave the Squad because the person you are trying to explain how to give SL to is unresponsive.

+

Edited by kirusha_love

Posted (edited)

- Generally the buildings layout and contstruction is off. One door and no way to get out on the other side so you have to run out of the house and 100 meters down the building to get to the other side. 

- The fact that a small picket fence blocks my gigantic logistic truck so I can't supply my teammates. Same goes for small trees etc.

- Animation system so I cant stop reloading my rpg or mag etc if I need to change quickly.

- Region settings for server browser.

Love the game for the most intense firefights in any FPS game, but looking at Red Storm 2: Vietnam, Squads map design looks like something from the original DOOM.

Edited by Lurifax

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, Peerun said:

That's a Negative. 

So you just about to Cap or overrun enemy position or even destroy a vehicle then "Boom" your SL disconnects/leaves and all the boys get teleported  back to Base Edt:( Oh crap i meant Spawn screen)....Uuuh no thanks.

Edited by Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX

41 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

That's a Negative. 

So you just about to Cap or overrun enemy position or even destroy a vehicle then "Boom" your SL disconnects/leaves and all the boys get teleported  back to Base....Uuuh no thanks.

?

Personally I wanna see tools for vanilla servers, that lack active administration, allowing to players take certain things in their hands, like: 
- voting for map change/restart,
- demoting (changing ) SLs,
- player kick/ban.
- scrambling teams

21 hours ago, Peerun said:

I have to 100% disagree that it would be less chaotic. Sure, it's a pain in the ass how many SLs out there just ragequit when the match is going poorly, but at least you still have a group of guys with useful kits who can try to stay on whatever their mission was before the SL quit. If the squad is disbanded now you have up to 8 guys with no equipment, no ability to spawn on the previous rally, and no direction at all. I cannot possibly imagine how it would be easier to create a whole new squad than to just figure out who can take up leadership within the squad, even if it's not great leadership.

I think a bigger issue is how we can address the problem of SLs quitting in the middle of a match. In another game I play called Blackwake, captains of ships (basically the equivalent of SLs) have to be voted in because theres only a few ships per team. To help the process, candidates have a percentage rating next to their name. The exact system that game uses wouldn't work in Squad, but I think a similar system could be useful. SLs could earn rating at the end of a round based on their overall squad performance, but they would lose rating if they were in a squad they created and they quit the match, passed leadership, or left the squad. 

Well here's my rationale for it.
Scenario A: You have a squad. Six of them don't have more than 5 hours in the game and only three have mics. SL leaves and the new SL is a micless player with 0.3 hours ingame and doesn't know or care how to give SL to someone else. Creating a new squad will be very inefficient in this scenario, because people will just stay in the old squad in ignorance. It usually stays like this until the end of the round. That squad goes totally awol.
If the squad were disbanded you could easily make a new one and have them join it or leave the server and let other people in who would - not stay this limbo.

Scenario B: You have a squad. Most of them have 50+ hours ingame and know what's up, half of them have mics. SL leaves, but talks to the others and decide on a second SL and gives it to him, before leaving. Now the squad doesn't get disbanded, but it's fine because everyone know what happened.

23 hours ago, Peerun said:

Well here's my rationale for it.
Scenario A: You have a squad. Six of them don't have more than 5 hours in the game and only three have mics. SL leaves and the new SL is a micless player with 0.3 hours ingame and doesn't know or care how to give SL to someone else. Creating a new squad will be very inefficient in this scenario, because people will just stay in the old squad in ignorance. It usually stays like this until the end of the round. That squad goes totally awol.
If the squad were disbanded you could easily make a new one and have them join it or leave the server and let other people in who would - not stay this limbo.

I guess I have just seen different scenarios play out. Most people I see will give up SL very quickly if someone else steps up and most will quickly quit the squad if the SL isn't talking or dropping rallies. Most of the time they'll even look for an admin to get them kicked.

I just don't want to lose my kit every time some guy pusses out midround and quits without saying anything.

23 hours ago, Peerun said:

Scenario A: [...] If the squad were disbanded you could easily make a new one and have them join it or leave the server and let other people in who would - not stay this limbo.

Scenario B: [...] Now the squad doesn't get disbanded, but it's fine because everyone know what happened.

If SL leaves, I'd give the squad 2 minutes to figure out a new SL before the squad gets disbanded. Surprising disconnects happen all the time :S

12 minutes ago, Valdr said:

I just don't want to lose my kit every time some guy pusses out midround and quits without saying anything.

Idea: let the disbanded squadmembers keep their kits until they die and give up, unless they join another squad (to not mess with a squads possible loadout).

2 hours ago, Saurus said:

Idea: let the disbanded squadmembers keep their kits until they die and give up, unless they join another squad (to not mess with a squads possible loadout).

People would just find a way to abuse it and have a dozen HATs and LATs all running around. I imagine that's why you don't even get a basic rifleman kit when you leave a squad, they don't want people using it as a quick way to refill their ammo and grenades. Maybe with the new inventory system there will be ways to solve these issues.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Valdr said:

People would just find a way to abuse it and have a dozen HATs and LATs all running around. I imagine that's why you don't even get a basic rifleman kit when you leave a squad, they don't want people using it as a quick way to refill their ammo and grenades. Maybe with the new inventory system there will be ways to solve these issues.

I didn't mention keeping the kit when leaving the squad, just when the squad gets disbanded. Abusing it would need some serious organisation - and it's already possible right now to have >30 LATs in the team, and they are able to respawn as often as they wish. Make a 9 man squad, everyone but LATs leaves the squad - rinse, repeat.

BTT:

- Without admins on the server, players are completely helpless against any kind of rule breaking. I can't hear the "get on a server with good admins" anymore - even top notch servers have times without admins. Without an alternative solution, most players will keep experiencing the annoyances of unadministered games - there will never be enough admins on each server to prevent this. Yeah, I know how to circumvent those servers - but I can't get around 24/7 Al Basrah <3 I laid out my thoughts how it could be changed in another thread.

- Without any kind of global stats, players are completely helpless against any kind of stupid community members. Every competitive teamgame has mechanisms to protect the players from undesirable gameplay. DOTA doesn't put the highest ranks in a team with the lowest, because it isn't fun to teach the callouts you know since 5 years. World of tanks balances the teams based on their progression, so it's fun for both sites. CS:GO allows it's users to ban other players temporarily from the game for griefing, cheating and TK. Applied to Squad: I'm sick of notorious SL wasting tickets and human ressources (9 man outpost anyone?). Everyone here knows at least one of those guys that makes you want to disconnect when you see them opening a squad, because you know from experience your team will be playing a 31 vs 40. If SLs with a really bad rating had a bad smiley next to their name, and players with a really good rating had a little star on it, the teams structure would build naturally because people could vote with their feet. Right now people need to invest a relatively big amount of time and become average SLs themselves to recognize those that are ****ing up the team. In consequence you'll almost always have 8 sheeps following them - unless they ragequit, how they often do when the team is losing. I'm fine with the bad rating being temporarily and rasing automatically again, but please introduce annnything of the sort.

Edited by Saurus

I'd very much like to see furnitures in houses.

Everything is emptyright now, that looks really weird.

I'd like to have, if possible, a random furniture layout in the houses every round.

Just some basic stuffs : sofas, tvs, wardrobes, carpets etc...

This would add some intense stress when clearing a building, the enemy could hide behind furnitures, not in the corner like always. Sometimes when i know there's someone in a room i prefire the corner and it often works, i do not find it rewarding, and when you're the one getting attacked, you have nothing to cover yourself it's - i'm not gonna say unfair but let's say - annoying, boring.

The same aliens that are in Arma 3 have found Squad.

trolling.jpg

I would love a game mode based on convoy ambush, a game mode for 10 minute quick matches ie no spawning, small maps. also I would love an arcade mode that had less spawn penalty, quicker capture speed, more ammo, no rally point spawn limit/time limit. I am sure people will hate my suggestions, I just like more gameplay options and I don't always have 30 to 45 minutes to play a single round.

Posted (edited)

Some kind of function where you don't have to hold down the left mouse button to dig.

Edited by IronComatose

The excessive weapon switch time needs to be addressed... especially when switching from AT/RPG back to primary (let me put my front sight down, now my rear sight, click the safety), now pull out my primary to shoot this guy before he kills me. Damn.... I'm dead.

I understand it shouldn't be immediate, and most is true to procedure, but the current animation/timing is outrageous.  You ever watch training videos on tactical weapon switching?

On 16/05/2017 at 8:13 PM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

That's a Negative. 

So you just about to Cap or overrun enemy position or even destroy a vehicle then "Boom" your SL disconnects/leaves and all the boys get teleported  back to Base Edt:( Oh crap i meant Spawn screen)....Uuuh no thanks.

On 16/05/2017 at 8:55 PM, Peerun said:

?

@Peerun: it'd be even worse if the SL got punted or dropped out (ie: unintentional leaving) - or is that what you meant, @Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX?

14 hours ago, PROTOCOL said:

The excessive weapon switch time needs to be addressed... especially when switching from AT/RPG back to primary (let me put my front sight down, now my rear sight, click the safety), now pull out my primary to shoot this guy before he kills me. Damn.... I'm dead.

I understand it shouldn't be immediate, and most is true to procedure, but the current animation/timing is outrageous.  You ever watch training videos on tactical weapon switching?

I disagree with you, it's less than 5 seconds. I think it's fair.