MilosV

What do you currently dislike about Squad and how would you change it?

Psyrus   
5 hours ago, Dennisz125 said:

What I don't like about Squad is that it's heavily depends on the latest technology.

You mean computer hardware wise?

RaTzo   

What I dislike about Squad is actually tied to what is best about Squad. 

My experience in game is greatly affected by the SL and other people I play with. This means that when it is good it is the best game I've ever played. However, when it is bad there is no escaping it except to leave. 

I wish I were able to play as SL effectively but I can't separate the global game from my immediate surroundings so I get overwhelmed which is no fun for anyone in my squad. I'm not at all interested in making people have a less fun game.  

If I am on with people I'm familiar with, or if I manage to find a random good squad the game is awesome. If not it is all but unplayable. Since there is no path for an individual my experience is extremely dependant on who I'm playing with. No lone wolfing is a good thing, but it comes at a cost. 

AE-6507   
On 21/04/2017 at 2:13 PM, Snake_ said:

Has no:

Vaulting

Mortars

Free Look

Dragging

Doors

IEDS

Vbieds

Air support

Optimization

@Snake_ ok yes all of this...

The game experience is dominated by the quality of Squad Leader and/or language barriers.

14 hours ago, Nordic said:

I like Squad.

..But you are exceptional toddler.

Airplanes, ships, submarines, tanks, destroyable bridges, commanders, artillery, night time raids, mission objectives changeable, artic maps, music while flying choppers to scare the civilians.   :)  I like it..And where is howling mad Murdock when you need him?!

atm_112_06.jpg

Edited by XRobinson

embecmom   
15 hours ago, suds said:

negative threads with no constructive feedback or suggestions for ways to resolve or reduce problems.

click bait threads.

I also dislike fanboys who decide any crticism is clickbait/not constructive etc...this thread is very constructive as it outlines some very valid player thoughts on the game.... as purchasers of the game each and every person is entitled to an opinion good or bad... I dislike the Government ... I dont get to sit in on meetings and decide how to resolve the issues of the day... I only get to vote, it doesnt come with a list of what I would like and how to resolve it...

MilosV   
20 hours ago, RaTzo said:

What I dislike about Squad is actually tied to what is best about Squad. 

My experience in game is greatly affected by the SL and other people I play with. This means that when it is good it is the best game I've ever played. However, when it is bad there is no escaping it except to leave. 

VERY well said 

On 4/22/2017 at 0:47 AM, suds said:

negative threads with no constructive feedback or suggestions for ways to resolve or reduce problems.

click bait threads.

What in the world would i have to gain from creating a thread to clickbait people? This is not reddit with its karmawhores 

On 4/19/2017 at 0:38 PM, MilosV said:

Mine for starters:

- if possible weather and time of day change during gameplay. 

- Suicide cars and trucks and civilians (level of anxiety in PR matches no games with these 3 addons)

- Fastropes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- Different faces for infantry

- More props and objects on maps to fill the empty feeling

- Proper 3D Scopes ( i know this was discussed but RO2 could do it without a performance drop and its unreal engine so try it anyway)

- Helis and fixed wing aircrafts on maps big enough to fit them, these maps could have less objects and details to balance performance

- Realistic ballistics for firearms including (if possible ricochets)

- Dead bodies react to fire so you can hide behind them if no other cover available

- Picking up enemy and friendly kits, like in PR before afterdune ****ed it up (allow servers to decide if this is on or off)

- Heat haze on desert maps (cosmetics but would be nice)

- Rifle resting on appropriate surfaces with auto adjust based on height of the obstacle and weapon length

- 120 player servers (in the future)

- More real life detail in maps in middle east like propaganda posters on the walls like in BF2/PR so it feels more immersive

- 1 - 3 Servers in which high standards are held in regards to teamwork, SLs need to use the startup timer to talk to other Sls to plan their attack and coordinate before the game even begins, every player must have mics and listen to orders - OR KICK - no autism (although i understand this is server side not dev side, but they could always help)

- Squad equivalent of PR manual 

- RPK sights are misaligned , hoping for a fix

- while prone the recoils is the same except on LMGs, recoil should be reduced for all firearms when prone

- More efficient way to discern SL to SL , Local and Squad chat , for eg. allowing people to set in the options to slide it to the left or right speaker/headphone

I think you covered everything still needed and missing in squad!

Edited by shawn7186

MilosV   
1 hour ago, shawn7186 said:

I think you covered everything still needed and missing in squad!

Haha i did forget IEDs :P

Crowmium   
  • Recoil is excessive on all weapons (and going prone doesn't help enough)
  • Distant LODs are so poor that you can't distinguish enemies from the terrain beyond 50m without optics/binos
  • Squad management lacks important features:
    • No squad lock/password
    • No ability rename squad after creation
    • No invite
    • No muting players
  • Hacker prevalence
  • No ability to see who killed you which means you can't report TK/hacker abuse

BUBAKAR   
On 19/04/2017 at 6:38 PM, MilosV said:

I edited this thread multiple times, as it evolved, and now it serves to provoke CIVIL (if possible) discussion on what you don't like and what would you suggest in order to change it and how that change fits in the game, and how does your change make the game better in your opinion.

What i'd like to see and some changes:

- if possible weather and time of day change during gameplay. 

- Suicide cars and trucks and civilians (level of anxiety in PR matches no games with these 3 addons)

- Fastropes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- Different faces for infantry

- More props and objects on maps to fill the empty feeling

- Proper 3D Scopes ( i know this was discussed but RO2 could do it without a performance drop and its unreal engine so try it anyway)

- Helis and fixed wing aircrafts on maps big enough to fit them, these maps could have less objects and details to balance performance

- Realistic ballistics for firearms including (if possible ricochets)

- Dead bodies react to fire so you can hide behind them if no other cover available

- Picking up enemy and friendly kits, like in PR before afterdune ****ed it up (allow servers to decide if this is on or off)

- Heat haze on desert maps (cosmetics but would be nice)

- Rifle resting on appropriate surfaces with auto adjust based on height of the obstacle and weapon length

- 120 player servers (in the future)

- More real life detail in maps in middle east like propaganda posters on the walls like in BF2/PR so it feels more immersive

- 1 - 3 Servers in which high standards are held in regards to teamwork, SLs need to use the startup timer to talk to other Sls to plan their attack and coordinate before the game even begins, every player must have mics and listen to orders - OR KICK - no autism (although i understand this is server side not dev side, but they could always help)

- Squad equivalent of PR manual 

- RPK sights are misaligned , hoping for a fix

- while prone the recoils is the same except on LMGs, recoil should be reduced for all firearms when prone

- More efficient way to discern SL to SL , Local and Squad chat , for eg. allowing people to set in the options to slide it to the left or right speaker/headphone

- Insurgency mode with caches 

All of this +

[More organic/fluid weapons mechanics]

-ammo/chamber check (long press 'R' like in RO2/KF2)

-very limited weapon jamming/unjamming mechanics tied to weapon's internals heating up, prolonged fire or dust being kicked in while prone (again, pressing 'R' racks the slide back up and ejects the misengaged round)

-possibility to cancel a reload by pressing 'LMB' 

-cooking grenades

-melee/bayonets like in PR

-picking up weapons off of the ground with their last mag or lack of thereof

-searching dead bodies (looking for ammo/supplies on dead bodies)

-alternative scopes like in PR (iron sights > optics, optics > iron sights)

-crouch-sprint

-sprint-prone (basicly throwing yourself on the ground)

-inverted prone (S + double tap 'V')

[Immersion and cosmetics]

-gore and gibs and bodies on fire and blood pools and sprays on the walls (I know it has been discussed many times, but there are a few ways to implement it without undermining the medic class while dynamising spawning and immersion, one can always hope)

-limited attachements and kit modifications (more ammo for teammates with SAWs, rockets, at a cost for mobility)

-limited player model customization (why not...)

-random equipment on vehicles (why not...)

-more intricate and detailed urban environments (more CQB! more enclosed spaces! more organicity!)

[User interface]

-possibility to toggle on/off or configure friendly names/tactical display's opacity and behaviour

Edited by BUBAKAR

Helwyr   
On 4/21/2017 at 7:13 AM, Jaghammer said:

No problem there, the community hates you to ;-)

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

Go back to reddit. 

Bahrein   
On 4/21/2017 at 10:43 AM, Skul said:

I dislike HAT's Tandem which destroys all vehicles in 1 hit.

Completely  overpowered unskilled weapon for noobs and scrubs which can't destroy vehicles with few hits.

I can play in a disadvantage in a Humvee against multiple BTRs, or in a 14mm BTR against multiple Strykers, or in a Stryker against multiple 30mm BTRs and MTLBs. But that Tandem is a complete imbalanced overpowered unskilled bullshit.

Well, 1-hit-1-kill weapons like this Tandem is a bullshit by definition in Squad-alike games(Project Reality, Battlefield 2, etc.).

I am sorry buddy but tell that to this guys.

The things you can drive in squad all can be killed with one tandem rockets thy are made for reactive armor on tanks but you dont have them on any of the stuff you drive for now dont you.So there fore with a power this rocket has it means an instant kill.And dont forget that heavy AT is only one guy on 20 players in the team.So still the odds of you getting hit by a heavy AT player are still much in your favor especially with the new rocket drop the developers just put in.

I know many of you love and want to just drive around and kill as many as you can on the map and think you are pros but it must be made in the game that you fear to do so especially getting into areas with buildings in the map like al Bashar.

Skul   
9 hours ago, Bahrein said:

I am sorry buddy but tell that to this guys.

Why are you providing videos from real life? Squad has nothing to do with RL. It is an arcade-ish hardcore teamplay-oriented video game. Randomly getting behind a vehicle with instakill weapon has nothing to do with teamplay, hardcore or arcade. It is just lame and casual, that's what it is. And before someone said something about instakill machine guns on vehicles, I am against it as well. Instakill weapons is an unofficial antonym of skill. You should be able to hit enemies at least 2 times if you didn't hit them in the head.

And dont forget that heavy AT is only one guy on 20 players in the team.So still the odds of you getting hit by a heavy AT player are still much in your favor especially with the new rocket drop the developers just put in.

When I wrote my previous comment it was 3 Tandems per team. And it was very easy to shoot at big distances. Now, of course, HATs are kinda balanced, with mines and IEDs, and all of that stuff, I like it, it is fair now.

I know many of you love and want to just drive around and kill as many as you can on the map and think you are pros but it must be made in the game that you fear to do so especially getting into areas with buildings in the map like al Bashar.

Well, you're right about them, but it isn't a story about me.

Chez   
30 minutes ago, Skul said:

Why are you providing videos from real life? Squad has nothing to do with RL. It is an arcade-ish hardcore teamplay-oriented video game. Randomly getting behind a vehicle with instakill weapon has nothing to do with teamplay, hardcore or arcade. It is just lame and casual, that's what it is. And before someone said something about instakill machine guns on vehicles, I am against it as well. Instakill weapons is an unofficial antonym of skill. You should be able to hit enemies at least 2 times if you didn't hit them in the head.

Notice the dropoff from the tandem heat after the patch, its a quite big drop. Also there is a limitation to a lower amount of players after the patch (am I wrong?). Also you should just not be in range of a tandem heat, it's not that hard.

I do not like the performance atm, it seems that my performance went down like 10 fps and it is not really playable anymore around 30.

Skul   
23 minutes ago, Chez said:

I do not like the performance atm, it seems that my performance went down like 10 fps and it is not really playable anymore around 30.

Try 372.90 NV drivers and 16.300.2311.0 AMD drivers depending on your video card.

Chez   
1 hour ago, Skul said:

Try 372.90 NV drivers and 16.300.2311.0 AMD drivers depending on your video card.

Have 382.05 atm, ill try 372.90 out, thank you.

Boldtaar   

My dislike:

The feeling of playing a short nearsighted person that can't clime a knee high wall.

Edited by Boldtaar

desen   

what i DISLIKE about squad ?

nothing ! i love that game and cant stop playing it. cant remember when it was the last time i had so much fun with a computer game and it gets better from patch to patch.

some things  could be better, but in most cases if had some details i dont liked, they changed that things patch after patch out or improved it.

things like server que or handgrenade for medics and so far.

the only thing i dislike is the rude behaviour of some players.

in this case the old phrase "dont hate the players, hate the game"  is in the opposite for me xD

but that is consequence of increasing the player base, a price worth to pay for fresh blood.