MilosV

What do you currently dislike about Squad and how would you change it?

MilosV   
3 hours ago, DiesALot said:

no ropes

Fastropes? Couldn't do it in PR, it was one desire that needs to be met in Squad ;)

Vehicle lock system. 

Armor damage model

Dumb down assets weapons. 

Forest maps

Dumb people taking kits that they dont know how to use it or even use it at all.

Fob and HAB system is not that intuitive and people still put spawn in terrible places

And of course the "Its a alfa/beta" card as a excuse.

Drecks   

I'm quite new to the gameplay. What I don't like. 

- Long walks

- Not communicating SL

- I hardly see enemies.

- The difference in games. With that I mean is that one game It all feels great. You have a nice game with good gameplay and firefights and tactics. Next game nothing goes well. I'm playing but really wonder what I'm doing here.

VaaSHARK   

What i hate most about squad... hmmm

I would have to say its the community at this point. Back in the day I could join a squad and it felt like how it was supposed to be played good coms, teamwork, etc etc... Recently (being as recent as when squad hit Early Access) it just all kinda went down the can :( which makes me sad because i love the times where i don't have to yell at SLs in order to talk or have to yell at people to stay with the squad instead of lone wolfing. Now don't get me wrong there are some good people I have met during that time but out of a year the number hasn't even reached 20 in my book. All in all I play everyday I am not working, still teaching some new players when I can by far my favorite game I have played in a long ass time look forward to seeing what they throw at us next!

Socrates   
11 minutes ago, VaaSHARK said:

What i hate most about squad... hmmm

I would have to say its the community at this point. Back in the day I could join a squad and it felt like how it was supposed to be played good coms, teamwork, etc etc... Recently (being as recent as when squad hit Early Access) it just all kinda went down the can :( which makes me sad because i love the times where i don't have to yell at SLs in order to talk or have to yell at people to stay with the squad instead of lone wolfing. Now don't get me wrong there are some good people I have met during that time but out of a year the number hasn't even reached 20 in my book. All in all I play everyday I am not working, still teaching some new players when I can by far my favorite game I have played in a long ass time look forward to seeing what they throw at us next!

I sure miss those times we played together Vaashark :D

My only major peeve is the current state of weapons sight pictures. They're definitely the weakest component to SQUAD's gunplay. However I'm hoping come V10 it won't be an issue. 

plissken   

- AAS game mode is not ideal (but I believe more dynamic game modes are in the works). Here is a description of something Id like to experience more in Squad:

By World War 2, the use of the smaller divisions, platoons and companies became much more important as precise operations became vital. Instead of the locked trench warfare of World War I, during World War II, a dynamic network of battles developed where small groups encountered other platoons. As a result, elite squads became much more recognized and distinguishable.

Currently the game is a bit too repetitive and stale for my taste, rushing flags (which cover only miniscule areas of the map) is pretty much all you can do if you wanna win.

- Lack of ability to choose the size of my squad.

- I don't like the general "spammy" feeling of the game: just keep respawning enough people and throw them at the enemy and capzone, and eventually youll get the cap. I wish the game would incentivize a more tactical experience. Teamwork for me isn't so much about needing a medic to heal you up to full health, or having to rely on squad members to shovel assets, or needing someone to bring supplies from main. The most important factor is when you out-play your enemy completely, because your squad members play together in unison. Creating subtle advantages on-the-fly (2v1 situations, bait-and-switch, covering each other, communicating). All of this already exist in Squad, but I feel it could be much more prevalent if constant rushing and attrition-style of gameplay wasn't so effective.

- I also don't like telling my AT squad member to go die because he ran out of HEAT rockets, but currently that's quite often the best thing to do (with rally points being free and easily accessible).

I wish there was more consequences to dying or losing assets such as vehicles. Ticket loss and respawn times aint cutting it, I think players and squads in particular need to be individually punished for mistakes such as losing assets like that. So for example, there could be a squad economy for vehicles, so your squad "work up" the rights to use vehicles, and lose rights to use vehicles when they lose them. And when you die with an AT kit, now you wont have that kit for some time, and instead spawn with a less fun kit. I think the "punishment" should be more bottom-up, so that individual players and squads feel the direct consequences for mistakes. Tickets alone are way too abstract for anyone to really care. This is especially true in public games.

- Imbalanced games, and lack of "comebacks". Its rare for me to enjoy balanced games, and meaningfully turning games around nearly never happens. Perhaps with an economy system (using the term in a vague sense), it could conceivably be possible to give the losing side some slight bonuses so they can have a chance to comeback, in the form of reduced time for logi-trucks to respawn or something like that, I haven't really given it much thought. Sort of like in CSGO: if a team loses multiple rounds in a row, they get more and more money at the start of each round, so they rebuy the weapons they've lost, and have a fighting chance of turning the game around.

I do believe the devs are aware of all this, and are working in the general direction of making Squad an even more tactical experience. Even its current state, Squad is just about the best FPS multiplayer game Ive ever played.

Edited by plissken

8 minutes ago, plissken said:

Tickets is way too abstract for anyone to really care.

This abstract is actually the opposite of other games in the genre however. The ticket system is actually cool because it adds some mystery to the game instead of simple K/D ratios.

lmao you want a more 'tactical' experience but suggest deathstreaks and everyone-gets-a-turn kit selection?

dying is part of the game, you don't need to be punished for it 

plissken   

@HotpokkaminnyNot sure what you mean by deathstreaks, nor "everyone-gets-a-turn kit selection", tbh. I do think the tactical experience could be enhanced if you knew that dying with LAT/HAT-kit means that your squads offensive capabilities for the next minutes would be seriously reduced. Currently you just respawn within a minute, with fresh ammo (not enough punishment if we are shooting for tactical experience, imo). Hasn't got anything to do with everyone-gets-a-turn, I think you read into it too much.

@Zylfrax791Regarding tickets, I wasn't discussing its merits on the whole. My point was that tickets loss alone doesn't give most public players enough of an incentive to avoid death, nor to avoid losing assets such as vehicles, fobs, etc.

Sahara   

This is just a small rant as Im sure this is due to change as localized vehicle damage comes in.

How many RPG shots it takes to destroy vehicles, and the lack of realism there of.

The BTR-80, takes 3 HEAT rounds, that is the same as BF ****ing Four... And the Stryker, it takes 4 RPG shots, realistically, it shouldn't be taking any and shrugging them off. Only being able to be destroyed by the HAT kit. A BTR-80 with 8mm steel armor shouldn't take 3 hits, and a thinly skinned Logistics truck/Toyota pickup sure as hell shouldn't be taking two....

But... thats in my perfect world that is very unlikely to happen..

/Pointless rant.

Skul   

I dislike HAT's Tandem which destroys all vehicles in 1 hit.

Completely  overpowered unskilled weapon for noobs and scrubs which can't destroy vehicles with few hits.

I can play in a disadvantage in a Humvee against multiple BTRs, or in a 14mm BTR against multiple Strykers, or in a Stryker against multiple 30mm BTRs and MTLBs. But that Tandem is a complete imbalanced overpowered unskilled bullshit.

Well, 1-hit-1-kill weapons like this Tandem is a bullshit by definition in Squad-alike games(Project Reality, Battlefield 2, etc.).

Edited by Skul

13 minutes ago, Skul said:

I dislike HAT's Tandem which destroys all vehicles in 1 hit.

Completely  overpowered unskilled weapon for noobs and scrubs which can't destroy vehicles with few hits.

I can play in a disadvantage in a Humvee against multiple BTRs, or in a 14mm BTR against multiple Strykers, or in a Stryker against multiple 30mm BTRs and MTLBs. But that Tandem is a complete imbalanced overpowered unskilled bullshit.

Well, 1-hit-1-kill weapons like this Tandem is a bullshit by definition in Squad-alike games(Project Reality, Battlefield 2, etc.).

it really needs a bigger bullet drop, i can land accurate shots with it past 200m quite easy xD little too op

Kerri   

In terms of squad as a whole, what pisses me off is similar to what's in the OP. People having reserved slots for clan people, which is all fine and dandy, but combine excessive clan slots (8, 12, etc.), with also booting people to make more room for people. I'd prefer if people just did one or the other. And the icing on the cake is when they just randomly decide the person they're going to kick is a squad leader from the opposing team. Maybe your clan friend can wait for a slot to open up by itself if you've already ate through the excessive reserves. I understand it's their server and they can do what they like on it, which is why I've stopped using that group's servers.

In terms of of the game itself and not the playerbase, biggest gripe right now is between uninterruptible animations (RPG reload and you can't pull out your pistol for 10 seconds if someone strolls around the corner), drop shotting horseshit (although I understand this might be fixed with the updated animations?), and the vehicle lock system resulting in two dozen fresh vehicles at US Main not being used because no one trusts their squad leader to approve the vehicle if they were to spawn in there, and they obviously aren't willing to run 15 minutes on foot back to the front line. Even when people ask their squad lead in advance and he acknowledges them, the number of times they still end up waiting 5 minutes for a vehicle to be approved (or just suicide to respawn at an FOB) after constant requests is quite annoying.

Melbo   
7 hours ago, Fandango831 said:

My only major peeve is the current state of weapons sight pictures. They're definitely the weakest component to SQUAD's gunplay. However I'm hoping come V10 it won't be an issue. 

This is the main reason I don't really play much currently. Feels like you're holding the rifle at arms length. Roll on v10!

The community mostly

No problem there, the community hates you to ;-)

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

AE-6507   

SImply - Teamkilling with no admins on....

I wish there was a way to code it so that when all the kiddies and A-Holes troll or teamkill they get moved to like a childs server where they just spend their time t-baggin and teamkilling, driving blu-for logis in to enemy bases just cos they couldnt be bothered to walk.

AE-6507   

But constructively...

Squads server browser needs some work: there is no search function (that i can see) you cannot favorite, there is no true filter, maps, game mode etc.

Ability to Place multiple Friendly Markers and waypoints, if we have two fire teams and only one marker its tough.

Left ear right ear option for radio - so for example platoon net in one ear and squad net in the other ( for easier listening)

and More cowbell

Snake_   

Has no:

Vaulting

Mortars

Free Look

Dragging

Doors

IEDS

Vbieds

Air support

Optimization

embecmom   

SL afk or creating squad and leaving/switching SL/not right kit (should be some sort of time out on kits if someone does this so they are only a basic grunt for 5 mins)

randomness of one shot kills i.e animation clearly shows blood from head yet no death and even worse they unload a clip!

insurgents wearing pyjamas yet needs 3 shots to take them down.

no real effect from being shot on capability to shoot back other than a little fuzzyness and heavy breathing...not sure I would be able to aim quite as well with bullet holes and blood loss, infact I have less ability to shoot after running.

kicking player from squad who is in a vehicle yet they can still gun and use vehicle (i.e people wasting ammo/not driving)

no mute button for those that feel we want to hear them sing/repeat same message over and over/play music

shooting dirt or window when you can clearly see over it..

grenades with ability to injure through certain brick walls...

bullet penetration not actually penetrating

clipping of legs or anypart of body through wall when sitting or lying down..

having to jump to get up a step / stone

rocket change animation to reload different rocket type..were not carrying two friggin tubes ...

suds   

negative threads with no constructive feedback or suggestions for ways to resolve or reduce problems.

click bait threads.