MilosV

What do you currently dislike about Squad and how would you change it?

1 hour ago, Psyko said:

I dont like the quality of the average squad leader.

There is no way to qualify if servers are run well, or if squad leaders are trust worthy. 

there needs to be a qualification like a 10 star system or a thumbs up from squad members to validate squad leaders as being good.

Yeah it's actually getting pretty shocking lately on the Australian servers. Wish there was some kind "aura" system in the game :( 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Yeah it's actually getting pretty shocking lately on the Australian servers. Wish there was some kind "aura" system in the game :( 

yeah, so why have a "like" system on the forum, and not have it in game? 

Im a dedicated mature gamer!
Please try my god damn idea already, im certain it will bare fruit. 
It aint perfect but the current system exposes the flaws in the current system. 
We couldnt do it in project reality, but you can do it in squad.

Im so tired of playing these games for 10 years+, with no prestige or experience system. 
MMOs have exp systems, even vanilla bf2 had xp. But squad could ACTUALLY benifit from an xp system.

If you dont want to be squad leader you just give it to the most experienced person in the squad.

Edited by Psyko

Posted (edited)

I think "random weapon sway" should be renamed to "your gun will never go steady if there's an enemy infront of you"

I've tried re-creating the scenario by running around like a madman then quickly raising sights and then pressing the focus button and it always goes steady, yet if there's an enemy i'm trying to kill then my aim will NEVER go steady on the first press even if I have full stamina, have only been walking, and have only pressed focus for the first time.

Edited by scallops

Posted (edited)

Rallies should be live for 30-45 seconds before disappearing. Think for a few minutes about the effects on strategy. Medics' and SLs' lives become a lot more important.

Edited by t0xicity

2 hours ago, t0xicity said:

Medics' and SLs' lives become a lot more important.

And in turn fobs then become much more important because they become the only really permanent frontline spawn point. 

16 hours ago, t0xicity said:

Rallies should be live for 30-45 seconds before disappearing. Think for a few minutes about the effects on strategy. Medics' and SLs' lives become a lot more important.

14 hours ago, Psyrus said:

And in turn fobs then become much more important because they become the only really permanent frontline spawn point. 

Wait...Are you telling me you want to have PR feature in?

HERECY! 

16 hours ago, t0xicity said:

Thing is what we need!!!!! Lives would be much more important.

maze2, t0xicity, Monk, Psyrus I agree with you on the RP's, we do have a plan to overhaul them along with the FOB spawning.

Don't expect it to happen this month, but it will be coming. The current RP spawn system is not set in stone and will change.

2 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

maze2, t0xicity, Monk, Psyrus I agree with you on the RP's, we do have a plan to overhaul them along with the FOB spawning.

Don't expect it to happen this month, but it will be coming. The current RP spawn system is not set in stone and will change.

Are you part of the team as well now Fuzzhead? :ph34r: And I do like the sound of where this is going!

12 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Are you part of the team as well now Fuzzhead? :ph34r: And I do like the sound of where this is going!

Yep, we've lured a wild Fuzzhead in to make things more pretty. Already got to show off some of his work in the recap. Great to have him aboard!

23 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

U made my day fuzzhead, thank god u are now part of the dev team.

On 4.4.2018 at 12:48 AM, maze2 said:

Thing is what we need!!!!! Lives would be much more important.

the problem is that people don't play that well together beside of clans and if rally points only last a short time it could lead to even more frustration for average players (no vehicles in main base, no fob, no rally = nearly impossible to have fun and get into the battle)

i don't know we will see, maybe fobs will be better defended then but if not there will be even more steamrolling of teams.

On 7/4/2018 at 5:30 AM, MisterMorden said:

the problem is that people don't play that well together beside of clans and if rally points only last a short time it could lead to even more frustration for average players (no vehicles in main base, no fob, no rally = nearly impossible to have fun and get into the battle)

i don't know we will see, maybe fobs will be better defended then but if not there will be even more steamrolling of teams.

I ve never had a problem, people would get used to it . This is needed to solve the meatgrinders mate. Idk how people would be frustrated, this might make the playerbase much more organized than just sending bodies to an attack, maybe start using more fire and movement more. Some SLs play it like if it was ww1 sending waves of ppl, that's much worse than anything that could think of.

28 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Problem: Humans

Solution: Above my pay grade.

Exactly, you can give us all the tools in the world and people will still play it how they want too. Public play will always be hit and miss. 

Clan/Regiment games will always be the best place for "proper" gameplay. 

My 2 big problems are the rally point system and name tags. 

I think the current rally point system promotes players to not work together as players just constantly give up re spawn and run back into the grinder.  A SL primary role is to ensure that the Rally point is always up rather than maneuvering a squad and commanding a squad.  I think changing the rally point system to a set timer would solve a number of issues with the game.  It would incentive medic use, promote more team play within a squad, and end the meat grinder that currently exists.

For name tags I would say get rid of all name tags except for people within 8 meters of you.  If they are beyond that then just check your map to figure out who the person is.

Sitting, I'd like to see sitting.

Like in ArmA, so you can sit down on a hill next to a rock or a tree or in a trench, without exposing yourself like when you prone out of a trench.

My thoughts on WHY:

Less recoil/more support for your weapon than just crouching, more restricted than crouching, so you're slower to get up, faster than proning.

Often I notice that when you're prone on a hill or behind a tree you are limited by as an example, grass or little rocks in front of you, and if you're on a semi-steep hill, prone only makes you face down the hill.

I truly hope we will se a major increase of time to get organized before match start. So often only one or two squads are formed at match start, so as you roll out, other squads form without you realizing, and them without being informed of current plan / strategy. A lot of time is wasted, and frustration is ensured, when squad leaders on point have to re-organize on the go. 

Also, it would give the SL time to really have control over squad roles, and giving specific orders to individual squad members.

I believe an organized start of a match lay a foundation for better communication between both SLs and grunts.

Other than that, I don't think there is anything else that I "dislike", except for getting shot in the face.

1 hour ago, PuddleMurda said:

I truly hope we will se a major increase of time to get organized before match start. So often only one or two squads are formed at match start, so as you roll out, other squads form without you realizing, and them without being informed of current plan / strategy. A lot of time is wasted, and frustration is ensured, when squad leaders on point have to re-organize on the go. 

Also, it would give the SL time to really have control over squad roles, and giving specific orders to individual squad members.

I believe an organized start of a match lay a foundation for better communication between both SLs and grunts.

Other than that, I don't think there is anything else that I "dislike", except for getting shot in the face.

5min instead of 3 perhaps?

Maybe have 3 as default, but extend to 5 as long as there is 2 or more squads formed on one team compared to the other.

39 minutes ago, oTec said:

Ooooo come on be realistic.

People dont like to sl so you giving them 10 minutes would not do anything.Trust me

no more delays. sitting in a vehicle waiting 90+ seconds is dull enough. 

if ppl cant organise a squad and coordinate a team in 60 seconds + the driving time to actually get there through an empty map (which is also dull and totally ridiculous) then they should not be leading anyone. 

First to make a squad should get to call their intent, everyone else has very obvious choices. Push or hold. 

Back capping is a strange requirement....east to manage on but why is it even there? Just start the map with a front line ready to go. You could randomise it and give the team with more flags, less tickets.

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2018 at 2:16 PM, suds said:

no more delays. sitting in a vehicle waiting 90+ seconds is dull enough. 

if ppl cant organise a squad and coordinate a team in 60 seconds + the driving time to actually get there through an empty map (which is also dull and totally ridiculous) then they should not be leading anyone. 

First to make a squad should get to call their intent, everyone else has very obvious choices. Push or hold. 

If only it was that simple. I don't know what servers you play on, but on the European ones it is a total shit storm in about 9/10 matches. 

I do squad lead, and I am usually the one who will have to repeatedly, and with a ton of authority, tell the other squad leaders to defend objectives, not waste everybody's time in utterly useless positions, that they should not set up a new FOB and build a HAB with 30 tickets left, etc.  

I do not know how many times I have called out my squad to cap the initial to objectives, but still have two other squads on those same objectives. 

I do not know how many times the SLs have decided on a FOB in a very specific location, just to have another squad set one up 200 m behind, ****ing everything up, for everybody. 

If you can not relate to this, then you must only be playing on clan and / or milsim servers. Most of us do not. 

Oh my gaaawd, have to wait 5 minuters since last match ended!?!?!?! What am I gonna do with ALL this time... I can feel life slipping through my fingers!! The horrror!!! THE HORRRRROOORRRRR!!!!!

Edit; If you can not relate to this, but play on public servers, you do not squad lead. 

Edited by PuddleMurda

13 minutes ago, suds said:

Back capping is a strange requirement....east to manage on but why is it even there? Just start the map with a front line ready to go. You could randomise it and give the team with more flags, less tickets.

This, however, is an interesting point. 

Not sure how I feel about it, but there is something to it. 

Though, the back cap part can often lead to victory or the demise of a team, and as Squad is supposed to be a game based on communication and tactics, it is also a testament to what team plays the game most efficiently. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, oTec said:

I don't know if my CPU loads the map slower than most, but in my experience it is never more than 120 sec, and quite often 30 secs or so before it is time to move out. Also, since I am usually first or second to create a squad, it does not only seem to be on my end. 

Edit; Sorry for spamming... 2 glasses of wine in to my day drunk. See you out there. 

Edited by PuddleMurda