MilosV

What do you currently dislike about Squad and how would you change it?

I don't like the way the soldiers run. I do not know how to describe it, but you just feel that they are drifting over the ground. I mean if you play other fps games you know the way they run, solid and stable. But as for squad, what you can see is only dusts behind their boots. The characters look so light, like paper. I do not know whether you can understand what i mean.

8 minutes ago, Fullynuts said:

I don't like the way the soldiers run. I do not know how to describe it, but you just feel that they are drifting over the ground. I mean if you play other fps games you know the way they run, solid and stable. But as for squad, what you can see is only dusts behind their boots. The characters look so light, like paper. I do not know whether you can understand what i mean.

All i can say is that the way movement both feels in first person and looks in third person will change with the animation system , lets just hope it will be more responsive becuase i still get some microstuttering when runnig on stairs or jumping ( kinda like in project reality but abit less noticeable )..

And about character looks ... It might be becuase the unrealistic movement animation - currently they feel like plastic soilder toys becuase of the lack of facial animations , idle movements , separated movement of upper and lower bodyparts ect.... But fortunately for us all of thses things excpet facial animations are going to adressed with the new animation system .

One of the great things about Squad is the long, strategic matches that let you get settled into a battle and feel like you have a part to play.  Too many games right now are quick, TDM style pointless cluster****s.  Even in battlefield, if you stay at a particular objective for over 10 minutes, either the defending team win or the attacking team push through to the next area.  

However, one big problem that I have with squad stems from its more unique, slow and strategic approach.  We have all been in the position of things going horribly wrong (maybe you lose that all-important FOB, or both Logi trucks got abushed and are now abandoned, or the enemy have vehicle superiority near your main base) and the game, at that stage, is completely unwinnable.  This can sometimes happen within the first 10 minutes, and usually happens with even around 200 tickets to go.  In most other games, that would be it, and the round would end.  But in squad, it drags on, and on, and on, and on. 

To be clear, I don't need to win every round.  So long as I can put up a good defence and have some input in the game, even if defeat is certain, its still a fun experience.  I also know that ticket bleed helps end things faster, but sometimes the enemy do not wish to push all the way to your last flag.  Sometimes its safer for them if they just sit and hold, slowly bleeding you down as you helplessly throw men at their superior defence just over the half way point.  In this situation, you can often find yourself having to run from main (because vehicles are long lost behind enemy lines or because your MSRs are being camped by entrenched enemy armour). 

All in all, its a tedious affair and I find myself trying to loose as quickly as possible so that a fresh round can begin again, but this can take 30-40 minutes sometimes.  At this stage, people start to drop like flies from one team, which only exacerbates the issue.  SLs leave and the losing team (already with little hope) begins to turn into a circus.  I would leave and find a new server myself, except I play with 4-6 friends most of the times and finding a good server and getting on the same team as each other is a tedious enough process already.  To get involved in a round of squad is a big investment of time and effort that, when it goes smoothly, is extremely fun, win or lose... but when the game falls apart on you it saps a lot of our will to play.

I don't know how you fix this without losing some of the strategic magic squad has, or still allowing for a comeback in those situations whereby it IS still possible to win.  Moreover, even if there were a teamwide "vote to surrender" system, it would ruin the fun for the winning team who, just as they consolidate their positions, the round ends without them getting to exploit their hard work and organisation.

I honestly don't know what you do to fix this...

Edited by Kendo

4 hours ago, Kendo said:

One of the great things about Squad is the long, strategic matches that let you get settled into a battle and feel like you have a part to play.  Too many games right now are quick, TDM style pointless cluster****s.  Even in battlefield, if you stay at a particular objective for over 10 minutes, either the defending team win or the attacking team push through to the next area.  

However, one big problem that I have with squad stems from its more unique, slow and strategic approach.  We have all been in the position of things going horribly wrong (maybe you lose that all-important FOB, or both Logi trucks got abushed and are now abandoned, or the enemy have vehicle superiority near your main base) and the game, at that stage, is completely unwinnable.  This can sometimes happen within the first 10 minutes, and usually happens with even around 200 tickets to go.  In most other games, that would be it, and the round would end.  But in squad, it drags on, and on, and on, and on. 

To be clear, I don't need to win every round.  So long as I can put up a good defence and have some input in the game, even if defeat is certain, its still a fun experience.  I also know that ticket bleed helps end things faster, but sometimes the enemy do not wish to push all the way to your last flag.  Sometimes its safer for them if they just sit and hold, slowly bleeding you down as you helplessly throw men at their superior defence just over the half way point.  In this situation, you can often find yourself having to run from main (because vehicles are long lost behind enemy lines or because your MSRs are being camped by entrenched enemy armour). 

All in all, its a tedious affair and I find myself trying to loose as quickly as possible so that a fresh round can begin again, but this can take 30-40 minutes sometimes.  At this stage, people start to drop like flies from one team, which only exacerbates the issue.  SLs leave and the losing team (already with little hope) begins to turn into a circus.  I would leave and find a new server myself, except I play with 4-6 friends most of the times and finding a good server and getting on the same team as each other is a tedious enough process already.  To get involved in a round of squad is a big investment of time and effort that, when it goes smoothly, is extremely fun, win or lose... but when the game falls apart on you it saps a lot of our will to play.

I don't know how you fix this without losing some of the strategic magic squad has, or still allowing for a comeback in those situations whereby it IS still possible to win.  Moreover, even if there were a teamwide "vote to surrender" system, it would ruin the fun for the winning team who, just as they consolidate their positions, the round ends without them getting to exploit their hard work and organisation.

I honestly don't know what you do to fix this...

There's been a pretty good fix for this, in the nature of mercy bleed (-50 tickets/minute) if your last flag gets captured. But I agree with you that sometimes it's still a pain, although at other times it lets you bounce back and you actually can win from a point like this.

I think the best solution that doesn't prolong the game unnecessarily, but also doesn't completely negate the chance of you bouncing back is simply to either
a) decrease the number of tickets on all maps
b) bump ticket cost for vehicles up, like it was before the great nerfstinction event

Edited by Peerun