MilosV

What do you currently dislike about Squad and how would you change it?

136 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I edited this thread multiple times, as it evolved, and now it serves to provoke CIVIL (if possible) discussion on what you don't like and what would you suggest in order to change it and how that change fits in the game, and how does your change make the game better in your opinion.

What i'd like to see and some changes:

- if possible weather and time of day change during gameplay. 

- Suicide cars and trucks and civilians (level of anxiety in PR matches no games with these 3 addons)

- Fastropes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- Different faces for infantry

- More props and objects on maps to fill the empty feeling

- Proper 3D Scopes ( i know this was discussed but RO2 could do it without a performance drop and its unreal engine so try it anyway)

- Helis and fixed wing aircrafts on maps big enough to fit them, these maps could have less objects and details to balance performance

- Realistic ballistics for firearms including (if possible ricochets)

- Dead bodies react to fire so you can hide behind them if no other cover available

- Picking up enemy and friendly kits, like in PR before afterdune ****ed it up (allow servers to decide if this is on or off)

- Heat haze on desert maps (cosmetics but would be nice)

- Rifle resting on appropriate surfaces with auto adjust based on height of the obstacle and weapon length

- 120 player servers (in the future)

- More real life detail in maps in middle east like propaganda posters on the walls like in BF2/PR so it feels more immersive

- 1 - 3 Servers in which high standards are held in regards to teamwork, SLs need to use the startup timer to talk to other Sls to plan their attack and coordinate before the game even begins, every player must have mics and listen to orders - OR KICK - no autism (although i understand this is server side not dev side, but they could always help)

- Squad equivalent of PR manual 

- RPK sights are misaligned , hoping for a fix

- while prone the recoils is the same except on LMGs, recoil should be reduced for all firearms when prone

- More efficient way to discern SL to SL , Local and Squad chat , for eg. allowing people to set in the options to slide it to the left or right speaker/headphone

- Insurgency mode with caches 

Now...

SLs not talking to each other, autism by some people , lack of proper commander, need more factions (like USMC, Britishers) and so on...i still play squad regardless as i see what it can potentially be , but i always go back to Project Reality in the end, at least until amount of content in Squad can match it. Of course many other things in Squad i do indeed like, which is why i still play it, and i'd like to thank the devs , back in 2015 when i pledged i was not sure they would even get this far, sorry i doubted you guys , keep it up. And i also understand many of the things i mentioned require a lot of time and money, so i don't expect any of them soon or even ever, just gave you something to think about.

dovre_map.jpg

Untitled.png- i cant delete this image if possible let me know how

Edited by MilosV
changed the name of the post since Jagdhammer suggested a better one

Posted (edited)

On 4/19/2017 at 5:38 PM, Marijuanoz said:

It's still faster to get into the game than b4.

True, thanks to queue

Edited by MilosV

A) b4 = before

B) Join a server that isn't full and you can get in much quicker than waiting on the queue to clear up.

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, Marijuanoz said:

It's still faster to get into the game than b4.

Not if you knew what you're doing and could get on the server before everyone else even if there was 50 people joining at the same time.

Now there is no way to get on the server before other players because of the queue. Now it takes up to a half an hour to get to the server. Before it would only take about 3-8 minutes maximum.

Edited by Skul

under 5 man queue is usually only a couple minutes... And it's a lot faster than pre queue... Out of 80 people there's usually practically 1 guy getting out every minute or so with each map switch dropping about 10 guys.

Or.. you can join a server that isn't full if you scroll down a little! Magical.

3 hours ago, SgtHerhi said:

under 5 man queue is usually only a couple minutes... And it's a lot faster than pre queue... Out of 80 people there's usually practically 1 guy getting out every minute or so with each map switch dropping about 10 guys.

Or.. you can join a server that isn't full if you scroll down a little! Magical.

I know right, like i said, queue did save me a lot of hair

Haha yeah this is a bit annoying but how would you possible go about fixing this? :P 

What annoys me more is that there seem to be more German, French, Turkish and Russian servers than English-speaking servers and sometimes it's hard to find a squad that speaks English, or other SL's that can communicate with you to devise a strategy. Again not something that the game could fix :P

The queue gives me flashback from the good old days of JoinOps,clicking on the 100man server & you see 20 folks in front of you...Staring at the screen,waiting at the player count go down...Then, I'm in,in.Gets ya all Pumpedup.

632.gif

I think this problem would go away if there were more servers available with decent ping times. Every time I have played, the server browser usually only has 10 or fewer servers that have less than 150ms ping time. Everyone is trying to get into these servers.

1 hour ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

The queue gives me flashback from the good old days of JoinOps,clicking on the 100man server & you see 20 folks in front of you...Staring at the screen,waiting at the player count go down...Then, I'm in,in.Gets ya all Pumpedup.

632.gif

I could not explain it better, and i remember JoinOps, do you think there are people still playing it?

7 minutes ago, MilosV said:

I could not explain it better, and i remember JoinOps, do you think there are people still playing it?

Some weeks you get 40+ players in CC'r server,Don't know about DF: servers.Last time i played Febuary I had some fun...Boom HeadShot,Boom HeadShot.

K/D:69 Deaths:8 HeadShots:29...The Old boy still has it. :D

Do you remember queuing in JoinOps? I remember sometimes knockin'down a 6packof beer before getting in..

Why the heck would a server need +7 mods LOL. I understand +2 but higher than a +3/+4 is absurd.

3 hours ago, Socrates said:

Why the heck would a server need +7 mods LOL. I understand +2 but higher than a +3/+4 is absurd.

They use them for reserved members as well, like the old project reailty type. Basically each community does it differently, but some places you pay for it, some places you are a clan member, some places have their own special system... but basically it gives members of the community an easier time than the 200,000 other randoms that own squad :)

non-paid example:

http://www.bigdgaming.net/threads/bigd-4-community-whitelist-server.10572/

What i currently hate about Squad

That i have not enough time to Play it Like i want

3 hours ago, desen said:

What i currently hate about Squad

That i have not enough time to Play it Like i want

That sounds more of a real life issue than an issue with Squad .

Looks like that all queue could fill another server. Why not start seeding some ? 

Just click at "show empty servers" And then list is little bit different.  

16 hours ago, MilosV said:

Untitled.png

Edit - just noticed +14 on one of the servers, fockin' ell m8 seriously? Why not make it 80(+80) just in case -___- Although like i did post already devs did put in the queue which makes this a little less hair pullingly awful than it used to be

Those numbers actually don't stand for number of reserved slots anymore, but for number of people in queue at the time you refreshed the browser, so your argument is invalid. Next

Posted (edited)

I've had no issues with the new queue system and I think it's GREAT!

Before, constsntly refreshing and trying to join servers could sometimes cause my game to freeze on a black screen requiring a restart. I'd much rather wait in the queue. We're talking about 70-80 man servers here, waiting for a few people to leave shouldn't take very long. Even when I'm #6 in queue I've never waited more then 5 minutes.

Thank you devs!

Edited by Converge

-teams where SLs doesn't talk to each other.
-Teamstacking
-Ticketbleed (how it works at this point not at all)
-Losing a fob cost tickets
-Sumari on a full 80 player server

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

PS i realized this thread is about a single case for the op Lol I was thinking this is generally for all ppl who wants to tell what they hate about squad.
Nevertheless I leave my comment here.

2 hours ago, Jaghammer said:

-teams where SLs doesn't talk to each other.
-Teamstacking
-Ticketbleed (how it works at this point not at all)
-Losing a fob cost tickets
-Sumari on a full 80 player server

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

PS i realized this thread is about a single case for the op Lol I was thinking this is generally for all ppl who wants to tell what they hate about squad.
Nevertheless I leave my comment here.

That could very well be a good idea, especially now when you mentioned teams where Sls don't talk to each other.

On 4/19/2017 at 9:48 PM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Some weeks you get 40+ players in CC'r server,Don't know about DF: servers.Last time i played Febuary I had some fun...Boom HeadShot,Boom HeadShot.

K/D:69 Deaths:8 HeadShots:29...The Old boy still has it. :D

Do you remember queuing in JoinOps? I remember sometimes knockin'down a 6packof beer before getting in..

I tried to install DF again but for some reason it wont install at all , on windows 10. Glad to see people playing JOps, i'll install it again and play,, no game today comes close.

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Peerun said:

Those numbers actually don't stand for number of reserved slots anymore, but for number of people in queue at the time you refreshed the browser, so your argument is invalid. Next

Lol the way you delivererd that was pretty lame. 

All you had to say was : " Those numbers actually don't stand for number of reserved slots anymore, but for number of people in queue at the time you refreshed the browser,"

Edited by Socrates

Weird.... I don't hate anything about Squad..  there are only things to like...everything else is a waste of time... usually...

4 minutes ago, Helwyr said:

The community mostly